What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Smart" Pots.

Coughie

i guess you never watered from the bottom before? cuz that happens when you water from the bottom too, except the water comes up from the bottom first. imagine sucking water into a straw...then letting it fall back out.

Not saying watering from the bottom doesn't work...or is bad.
I understand wick style systems work, from blue mats to soma beds.
Just saying that watering from the bottom is more likely to lead to anaerobic conditions

The issue you two are having, is that you're talking about two different types of watering from the bottom.

Most folks, when they read conversations pertaining to watering from the bottom, automatically assume something like a wicking system, not a dunking system.

So Phenome's way of thinking is probably the 'go to,' but as soon as PoweredByLove outlined the dunking method - of course it makes sense. It's just not the automatic assumption that the majority of people make when they enter a conversation of watering from the bottom.

You're both right;
But you're trying to compare "apples" and "oranges"
Hence the confusion..

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I didn't stop the conversation because I agreed with his dunking method.
This dunking method is probably exactly why your medium won't dry out fully like you said earlier. You're doing this method with 50% compost 50% peat........
Blows me away sometimes the things I read with no science to back it.
I just don't have time to hold hands
I'm done with this thread

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
The dunking actually helped my issue, if you recall i started this thread because my roots were dying off because the top dries much faster than the rest. Anyway issues been long resolved no need to try and advise me anymore i posted my solution couple pages back.

Reading is fundamental my *****s