What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble Plays With LED's...

URSA LED

Vendor
Deo Farms on IG Running Spectrum Kings...

These guys did a DE vs LED commercial grow using BML SPYDR 1200. Almost 2.5 lbs per light of GSC using LED's...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gdoTO3_kw

^Starlite was testing out their lights vs the SPYDR when I was there. The SPYDR was just cheap China parts...

Many, many grows out there, just need to look. I researched for 50+ hours on LED's and decided it was just about time to try em...

And lets not forget the 75% reduction in heat, which reduces overall operation costs by a ton...

Here's how the 8 legged fixture looks when we took it apart.
It was taped and glued together. It feels like a premium product because of how heavy it is. That's mainly because of the mean well power supplies they tucked away in their extruded red bar.

asdfasdfas.jpg

20160406_174036.jpg

asdfasdfasfdaf.jpg

bb79de73419e28f5c1a3bffbd85403a7.jpg

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The tech has definitely evolved now...
Looking forward to you slaying the stat lines with your first pass.
Hope all is well.

woolybear

Veteran
I'm wondering how much the lense effects performance. Got the parts to build me a couple of cree panels but didn't pull the trigger on the lenses.

good luck

moses wellfleet

Veteran
WOW! If ANYONE was slightly interested in these, THE TIME IS NOW TO PULL THE TRIGGER!!!

That Optilux is looking delicious to me right now! About to have another tent available for a new light this weekend...

Probably more than a few of us are waiting to see the outcome of this thread!! An LED grow with a talented grower driving the bus!!

Work your magic brother, Krunch lead us to the promised land!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How did I miss this thread. Been really interested in leds, I just haven't seen enough to warrant the massive cost. I can buy a 2 1ks and a mini split for the cost of 1 led. Show should be interesting

Several years ago a cost comparison was done that indicated the 5 year cost comparison factoring in all hidden costs to HID lighting v LEDs. This included bulb and hood replacement, additional equipment costs (heat extraction), electricity... LED was the clear winner

Since then, LEDs have gotten considerably more efficient.

Keep in mind with HID ~ 50% of the light is reflected (at considerable loss) whereas with LED 100% is aimed at the canopy. Also, HID is point source. Most LED panels are wide and long by comparison.

Starlite 640 is ~ a point source, but apparently developed for higher ceiling height than most home growers who use ~ 6ft tents

It is interesting that KB lowered the 320s to 18" and saw a huge growth spurt

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You think ??? i mean i have been paying close attention but yet to see Cobs really out doing Hid grows..
Most cob grows you see on the tube are small yielding strains
and when you really di sect the cob although YES they can be run more efficiently but then again your also losing out for instance building 400 watt units now 8 units 3200 watts full spectrum 3000 k to 6500 k mixed @ 52 percent efficient would you know what the other 48 percent is ??? lol

But with all that said Seriously it appears 400 watts of cobs are same as 600 watt hid its tie hid may win in yield or cob may win so at the end of the day
Vero on the other hand which i may also try are more efficient then CXB when driving them at more power

and most importantly your limited to amount of plants being such a smaller unit with cobs so who really wins
i mean been running DE units for some time Nano's and pulling over 3 pounds dry consistent
and have not seen a cob grow do that yet so its apples n oranges untll we see more grows cause whats happening now is someone growing with 400 watt cob getting 500 - 550 grams calling it the HID killer lol

August 2014 GreenGenes did a YT video comparing a new 1000w hps to a 600w Apache LED and had the harvest analyzed by an independent lab. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrUDJA00soI

LEDs have come a looooonnnnnnggggg way since then

Awesome thread KB. I am subbed. Not sure I see a great advantage as far as efficacy is concerned. And not sure about coverage, but those sale prices are amazing. Definitely excited to see your results.

Peace, Roast.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It will be hard to pull the trigger until we can see the outcome. It would have been better to have a few of these test grows done. Make sure to let us know if you see a yield increase vs HID.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where can i order to get these prices?

We have all been trying to find out my guess is you have to buy in person at hempcon. Wish the sale prices were the real price this company would dominate the lighting market hands down if so. I am tempted to fly out and buy cuz I don't think I will be willing to take the dive on the MSRP any time soon but the logistics of doing so look grim.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Very interesting..

Very interesting..

WOW! If ANYONE was slightly interested in these, THE TIME IS NOW TO PULL THE TRIGGER!!!

That Optilux is looking delicious to me right now! About to have another tent available for a new light this weekend...

Are you going to put 1 lamp in 1 tent?

If so what size tent and how many watts?

Looks like a 4x4 with a 600 watts would be the ticket.

:lurk:

Aksala

You think ??? i mean i have been paying close attention but yet to see Cobs really out doing Hid grows..
Most cob grows you see on the tube are small yielding strains
and when you really di sect the cob although YES they can be run more efficiently but then again your also losing out for instance building 400 watt units now 8 units 3200 watts full spectrum 3000 k to 6500 k mixed @ 52 percent efficient would you know what the other 48 percent is ??? lol

But with all that said Seriously it appears 400 watts of cobs are same as 600 watt hid its tie hid may win in yield or cob may win so at the end of the day
Vero on the other hand which i may also try are more efficient then CXB when driving them at more power

and most importantly your limited to amount of plants being such a smaller unit with cobs so who really wins
i mean been running DE units for some time Nano's and pulling over 3 pounds dry consistent
and have not seen a cob grow do that yet so its apples n oranges untll we see more grows cause whats happening now is someone growing with 400 watt cob getting 500 - 550 grams calling it the HID killer lol

Pretty sure GreenGenes got like 1.5-1.8 gpw running Blue Dream but that guy is a magician with led's.

We have all been trying to find out my guess is you have to buy in person at hempcon. Wish the sale prices were the real price this company would dominate the lighting market hands down if so. I am tempted to fly out and buy cuz I don't think I will be willing to take the dive on the MSRP any time soon but the logistics of doing so look grim.

X2 same here im tempted to drive from so cal the savings would make up for trip costs

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

X2 same here im tempted to drive from so cal the savings would make up for trip costs

Ya, these are pretty much priced at cost....

Supposed to go to Hempcon this weekend and go to their booth, Ill see what can be done with you guys...

Latest posts

Latest posts