What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

🔹🔸🔹First grow, female seeds.🔹🔸🔹

Tony Montanå1

Ok I have 4 different strains growing into there 3rd week of veg, I have them in 3 gal pots a little over half full. I wanted to run a SOG method because there all bunched pretty close together in a 25 sq ft room I built, 5 ft high also, they vary from 5-8 inches. How long should I keep them in veg with my space and how long flower, what's the difference in growing SOG, can I still do it being 3 wks in veg? Then how long should I flower them? Like I said about 20 plants all looking really nice, pretty bushy at least 4 sets of nodes on each one, what would be my best way and time of flowering PLEASEE and thank you SO MUCH IF YOU CAN HELP‼️😬

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
A sog is a lot of little clones exactly the same height, placed very close together & flowered to produce 1 main cola each (~1/2-2+oz/plant) Its not the easiest thing to nail, especially for a newbie & especially with mixed strains.

20 female plants of multiple strains in 25 square feet doesn't leave a lot of square feets for each plant, so you could try to groom them to a single cola & jam them together to flower, or IMO a better plan would be to flower the 5-10 best looking plants. If you have 5' of headroom, flip the lights yesterday.

Tony Montanå1

Here check out my setup, let me know what you think. What would be my best route having limited space, 25 sq ft and 5 ft heighth. There not clones but most all the same height, around 6-9 inches and at least 4-5 nodes. I'm gonna be using a t5 setup for the flower instead of CFLs, which I should add the CFLs worked really well.! I only have the one tent so I thought I would veg and flower all at once.. Please any info?? Here's some pics

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
For your first grow, it would be very difficult to veg & flower in the same space. If you wanted to try, you would set your tent lighting to 12/12 & remove the plants you want to keep in a veg state during the dark period into a lit area (beneath a cfl, on a windowsill, etc...) Non-autoflower plants require 10 or more hours of uninterrupted dark time to flower. Give them 8 hours or less dark time & they will keep vegging.

Its still a bad idea, IMO. It will more than likely stress the flowering plants & the whole point is to not stress the flowering plants. A big Rubbermaid tote or 2 stacked with pandafilm & CFL's can make a decent bootleg veg space. Look thru the micro grow forums for ideas. If you can't keep 2 spaces with different lighting schedules the easiest way is to just start new seeds when your current run finishes.

Tony Montanå1

Thanks a lot man I appreciate it.! It crossed my mind to make another little grow area I just wasn't sure about the extra lighting costs, so I'll just make some kind of small area for my plants I keep in veg and my main tent for flowering. Then at least I can make sure they all are ready when they go in the tent, showing pre flowers etc etc. Again, thanks a lot your knowledge is very much appreciated.!����

Tony Montanå1

Awesome I want to learn as much as I can about growing, now that I started its almost become an obsession. lol. It's a really cool plant to study�� aaand smoke of course��

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Yeah dude it starts with a few plants in a little bloom room or a big un outside. Read as much as you can & learn from the inetivatible mistakes.

Dunno where you are but in the states...
Rubbermaid totes (2)@ ~$15
Clip on 120v lamp sockets (2)@ ~$8
CFL bulbs (bigger the better, 26w+) ~$10
Timer $10
Computer fan & 120v -> ~5-7v power converter ~$5 thrift store
Duct tape $3
Panda film (if you don't want the tub to glow) $25

If you are in the northern hemisphere, you can just put plants outside or on a windowsill to veg this time of year. Security permitting of course.

iampolluted

With the t5 and 5' you can veg for another week or 2. I don't see those stretching 4' just yet. Give em a bit to fill out. The Rubbermaid thing is how I started growing. Great little veg spot, but watch the heat, they do get warm. If you do go that route buy the biggest PC fan that moved the most air. I had an air hockey table fan exhausting mine and it still got hot but never over 90.

Tony Montanå1

Females after 4 wKs under 8 cfls, last wk of veg under T5’s. 3 days into flowering

Females after 4 wKs under 8 cfls, last wk of veg under T5’s. 3 days into flowering

Tony Montanå1

The short ones a super lemon Death Star just in they're hanging out, it will be going back into the veg room in a few hours when The lights shut off.