What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Skylight Box" 1st Run- NYCD & Cheese

:dance013:Hi Stone, That quote from Ninja CS is incorrect information, sorry to say. My box does not use sunlight at all, only 24W T5's. I gave it that name because I saw many posts re. fans, ducts,scrubbers, etc. and decided that the best place in my house was under a skylight that could be open for venting, thus the name.
My temps run from 72* to 86* and RH between 18% and 60%. This has a lot to do with outdoor temps and when and for how long, or if the swamp cooler is used that day. The box has two fans, one for the exchange of fresh air, and one for removing hot air from the lights. Two separate and independent air handling circuits each using Noctua 92mm PC fans. There is Plexiglass separating the lights from the grow areas.
How about you sketch up your ideas and we'll all have a look! :wave:

Well noted and understood. I may just take up this challenge to sketch something up Mr. Greenbean. Have you any forethoughts or ideas to start me off?

-S.E.

:dance013:Hi Stone, That quote from Ninja CS is incorrect information, sorry to say. My box does not use sunlight at all, only 24W T5's. I gave it that name because I saw many posts re. fans, ducts,scrubbers, etc. and decided that the best place in my house was under a skylight that could be open for venting, thus the name.
My temps run from 72* to 86* and RH between 18% and 60%. This has a lot to do with outdoor temps and when and for how long, or if the swamp cooler is used that day. The box has two fans, one for the exchange of fresh air, and one for removing hot air from the lights. Two separate and independent air handling circuits each using Noctua 92mm PC fans. There is Plexiglass separating the lights from the grow areas.

NinjaCS

sorry there. i looked at the pics and read the thread, it wasnt super clear. I was going off assumptions i saw in your pics in the gallery, especially of the one with the skylight slighty propped open.

My bad.

Latest posts

Latest posts