What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the lonely 55w vertical pl-l.

maree

Hey Garuda - did you ever finsih the LED updates you were planning tomake? And the control, board? Be good to hear your thoughts and comparisons between the LEDs and PLLs if you did.

Last edited:

Garuda

Veteran
Hi maree, i did everything but the controller, but it was almost done :D I think I'll finish that these weeks and give it a try :)
Both flowering compartments can only work with their respective light source. The LED Part is too small for PL-L which would never get that much light that deep into the canopy. On the other hand: The vertical bulbs enable me to grow relatively large plants but i still have light on the whole plant :)

Garuda

Veteran
Out of interest, what wattage did you stick in the LED compartment, over what area? Any results?
Its 30W with a Cree CXA3070 each. The area is 28x40cm :) Results are really nice so far, although I can't measure them since its a perpetual SOG...

Thank you all :)

Garuda

Veteran
Thanks Chunkypigs & maree :)
Yes, this one grew fully under the CXA3070@30W/700mA. I think some plants like the LED light better than others. This one obviously loved it but eg. a Guatemala always had some light bleaching symptomes...

maree

Thanks Chunkypigs & maree :)
Yes, this one grew fully under the CXA3070@30W/700mA. I think some plants like the LED light better than others. This one obviously loved it but eg. a Guatemala always had some light bleaching symptomes...

Thabks garuda - that's really useful. I've also found that different strains do better under the conditions I provide than others - and not always the ones I imagine are going to best.

russej05

Hi folks,
I recently built a new cab running a single 55w pl-l bulb and couldn't resist posting it here :)

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=48008&pictureid=1120554&thumb=0]View Image[/URL]

On top of this cab ist a vertical 36w veg chamber, pics will soon follow :)
The cab is 30x40x70cm (depthxwidthxheigth) and vented with a "real" venting solution.
Current plants in the cab: 2x Fart of the gods (Original Hazex(DoubleFunxDoubleDutch)), Pakistan Valley, Afgan Kush, Santa Maria F8, Oldtimers Haze, C99.
Its a perpetual SOG since I love it this way :).

Greetings,
Garuda.

NICE