What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How soon can clones from aerocloner go into coco?

smokeyla1

Have clones ranging from 1-1/4" root to some with 5-6 5" long roots and would like to put indica varieties in veg ahead of sativa ones. Obviously don't want to retard root growth by pulling to early or even worst kill them. What's minimum amount and length of roots and any other tips tricks of going from aerocloner to straight coco? Thanks for any help

RonSmooth

Veteran
You're not going to harm the roots by putting them in coco. Just be careful and you'll be fine. I have put cuttings directly in coco to root, also planted cuts from cloner with 6" fish bones and everything in between.

I like to plant them right after roots pop. That let's the roots grow into the coco and I don't have to run the cloner or worry about damaging roots or other problems that may arise.