What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Growers Thread; Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-NUT

Veteran
Cat no not yet I got 2 packs to play with but no room got bodhi head trip and lemon penetration and rd moonshine haze going right now its gonna be a hard selection process they all look and smell so good. Man I gotta get a bigger mom and veg room asap.

Hugh Midity

Veteran
6 of the Rudeboi Og's are soaking finally, I can't wait to see what comes from them. :tiphat:

100_3992.jpg

Catatafish

Veteran
Nice. I wanted to throw 3 in cause its structure looks pretty nice but i figured since you ran it ill do the other two.

They seem to have super waxy looking leaves compared to the other stuff i have. Not really sure what that means.

Hugh Midity

Veteran
it means the leaves are shiny lol. I just put the rude boi's in to germ, 12 hours and all 6 popped shells in the shot glass like they're ready to get going

Catatafish

Veteran
Sweet! I should throw that retarted youtube video up again in celebration :)

Guys i gotta redo the veg room now so that i can actually access everything to train etc... Right now i have a 4' table which is next to impossible to reach to the other side, i only have access on one side of it. I was thinking of setting up some sort of two tier system roughly 2-2.5' foot wide.

I seems like a lot of folks are using t5 nowadays.... what sort of penetration will that get into the canopy for the veg plants that are being prepped for flower? Is 18" - 24" plants unrealistic or does it work fine like that? How much longer than MH does something like that take? Right now i use a 250-400MH depending on the situation.

Trying to keep things more in check as the MH will "over veg" sometimes if im not mindful or have issues that prevent me from moving everything. I shouldnt have issues like i did this time moving forward but....shit happens sometimes :)

My back is killing me from reaching across that damn table and leaning on a wall trying to balance myself and do shit.

Last time i used a t5 it was from C.r.A.P. and all the bulbs blew in very short time...some were days. It seemed to generate a lot of heat in the small cab i had it in. I wasnt really impressed but i would grab a new 4' fixture and be in a better area where i can deal with heat better.

Asslover

Veteran
I use three T5 8-bulb set ups from HTG. These...http://htgsupply.com/Product-SlimStar-4-Foot-8-Lamp-High-Output-T5-Fluorescent
I've had one for 4 years now, 18/6 light cycle, with no issues.
18-24" plants are no problem.
Btw, HTG has an ebay store where they tend to sell things cheaper than there website or the actual store in Melbourne. For example, that 8 bulb system is $214 (bulbs included!) at the store, on there ebay store it's only $189 (bulbs included!)http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-5-4-ft-8-...9448254?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item25883c60be
The HTG store in Melnourne will match the ebay store price.

MagniKhan

Veteran
I just got the scope out and set up. I've so much to learn about it.

Looks like I may have to mod it some to get more light on the deck for the kind of stuff I'll be viewing.

Here's a quick tric shot.

picture.php

Catatafish

Veteran
You know i used to love modding things.....but now it seems like everything needs modded. Not sure if im so big on it lately :)

Got a new grill/smoker combo thingy recently....quickly discovered a bunch of mods needed to be done. Sigh....

komrade komura

Khan...what are those bugs? And what kind of scope you using? I got a cheapo USB scope that does me real well.

Howdy Y'all....been listening for a few weeks now. Figured I'd pop my head up and say hello.

Back in the mississississississippi watching the last few weeks of my momma's life. Had to quit growing in my apartment in London...just made me paranoid. At least my final harvest was enough for a few years....hahaha.

Will be coming back to the house in Florida early next year and will definitely start again...ain't had any Kali Mist in about 6 months!! ARGH!!!

Hope all y'all are doing well and keeping out the way of the popo.

Transitioning from a career as a software project manager to being a writer. So expect to see a lot of new stuff posted on other forums round here.

Gotta figure out how to get several packs of SWT#4 from London back to the USA. Ain't gonna give up those genetics....no way!

MagniKhan

Veteran
Khan...what are those bugs? And what kind of scope you using? I got a cheapo USB scope that does me real well.

Howdy Y'all....been listening for a few weeks now. Figured I'd pop my head up and say hello.

Back in the mississississississippi watching the last few weeks of my momma's life. Had to quit growing in my apartment in London...just made me paranoid. At least my final harvest was enough for a few years....hahaha.

Will be coming back to the house in Florida early next year and will definitely start again...ain't had any Kali Mist in about 6 months!! ARGH!!!

Hope all y'all are doing well and keeping out the way of the popo.

Transitioning from a career as a software project manager to being a writer. So expect to see a lot of new stuff posted on other forums round here.

Gotta figure out how to get several packs of SWT#4 from London back to the USA. Ain't gonna give up those genetics....no way!

KK! So good to see a post from ya'. Missed ya' here in da' thread.:tiphat:

The bugs? Well I don't know what those are, heck that one my not be a bad guy. I explain where I'm at here.
As far as the scope, just got it. Here's a link http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/microscopes/digital-microscopes/lcd-digital-microscope-ii
I also have a cheap-o USB MICRO that works okay, but the ones I'm looking for look like a grain of rice with antenna. And the resolution was to low, this one is 5 meg pixels, not a problem.

It's going to need a few mods ( Catafish- speak it brother.....me too). It mainly designed for looking at specimens on a slide. It does have a upper deck light but it's not nearly bright enough. I think I know what I'm gonna do with some of those free LED flashlights from Harbor Fright.:biggrin:

I also need to find a cap for the optics where the 16x lens is. I'm going to remove it so I don't drive it into the deck accidentally, I had to adjust the stop to get the right focal point with the 4 and 10x.

Once I have at lest a temp light set up that I don't have to hold I'll start on the rest of the little buggers. I may set up a "kill jar" with finger nail polish remover (ethyl acetate) to stop the little bastards if I can't get them between a piece of card and a glass slide.

Be Safe,
MK:ying:

Morcheeba*

Veteran
KK,

good to see ya posting and i think you got the writing thing down....maybe put the beloved st4 in some sunflower seeds or something they will blend in with and reseal.....carry w/you on a flight or ship.

peace

komrade komura

Morcheeba....hell yeah...great idea, thanks!!!

Am putting together my list of 10 strains to start my garden back in florida next year. Gonna drop a few hundred on seeds to get me started.

Question guys. I ain't ever grown outdoors in florida and I sent a relative some Blue Dream seeds back in April. When is harvest time here? Or is it that they start flowering as soon as they are outside? Gonna be in florida in a few weeks time and wondering if I should stop by and see him or find other arrangements for some smoke.

Stuck in mississississississippi without any smoke. It's like waking up in a redneck nightmare...where them rednecks call me uncle or brother.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I just got the scope out and set up. I've so much to learn about it.

Looks like I may have to mod it some to get more light on the deck for the kind of stuff I'll be viewing.

Here's a quick tric shot.

View Image

MK, it's back to school time so look around for a goose neck desk lamp or a goose neck flashlight and use that to light your specimens from above. I got one a couple years ago and it works great!!

I have to adjust from time to time but for the most part it's the best solution I've found. Make sure you run your bottom light at full bright and with the aperture wide open and you should have a pretty good view.

Biggest draw back with a traditional microscope is the very limited depth of field. There are specialty microscope/magnifiers for viewing larger objects but when I looked into them they were WAY more scratch than I wanted to part with.

Edit: I just looked at the picture on the web site - is that a light coming out of the neck of the scope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts