What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ready to harvest? PICS

Mr. Fly

Hi! I have these Valiriaand Mk ultra and I lost count of the days leading into flowering, plants are supposed to be 60 or 65 days, they should take about 40 days but it seems to me that already are ready .....How do you see? The first two are MK ultra and the other two are Valiria ... Thanks!!

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Usualy when the plant starts to slow down, it kinda gets a "depressed" look to it. It'll satrt taking less feed, and less water. On most strains the pistils will be a reddish brown, and most all stop throwing out new pistils towards the end, or a very very limited amount.

You can also buy a jewelers loop and look at the trichomes. Most should be cloudy with some amber ones. If you see mainly clear trichome heads, it's not ready yet.

Mr. Fly

Usualy when the plant starts to slow down, it kinda gets a "depressed" look to it. It'll satrt taking less feed, and less water. On most strains the pistils will be a reddish brown, and most all stop throwing out new pistils towards the end, or a very very limited amount.

You can also buy a jewelers loop and look at the trichomes. Most should be cloudy with some amber ones. If you see mainly clear trichome heads, it's not ready yet.

Thanks, I know taht, and normally i dont have problems with harvest but this plants look like are ready before the supossed date....You see the pics now??

Thanks!!!!

RonSmooth

Veteran
Those plants do not look ready. I would say at least a couple weeks left.

Plants don't "finish" according to an arbitrary date printed on the package. It's more a general time frame. IME 8 weeks is the minimum. I only begin to consider harvest after then. Usually 9-10w is sufficient.

Not sure what you mean by 40 days. That is an extremely short flowering time. If your plants have been flowering for 40 days, you have weeks to go.

Mr. Fly

Those plants do not look ready. I would say at least a couple weeks left.

Plants don't "finish" according to an arbitrary date printed on the package. It's more a general time frame. IME 8 weeks is the minimum. I only begin to consider harvest after then. Usually 9-10w is sufficient.

Not sure what you mean by 40 days. That is an extremely short flowering time. If your plants have been flowering for 40 days, you have weeks to go.

Thanks for the replies to everything, this is because in Spain (I am Spanish) is a person who says that the general "theory" to cut the plants is wrong. According to him, most of the people being cut to late,he says that the optimum point is before the pistils become dry and trichomes become amber. I asked him about my plants and said they were already cutting but really did not think too much. I copy the url of the forum where such person has his theory with photos included, you might find it interesting, at least it's a different point of view. That if the texts are in Spanish, but you know you ought to use the same Spanish translator ... And sorry for my Inglés, I know is really bad!
:smokey:

http://www.forochumajek.es/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=7392

Thanks for the replies to everything, this is because in Spain (I am Spanish) is a person who says that the general "theory" to cut the plants is wrong. According to him, most of the people being cut to late,he says that the optimum point is before the pistils become dry and trichomes become amber. I asked him about my plants and said they were already cutting but really did not think too much. I copy the url of the forum where such person has his theory with photos included, you might find it interesting, at least it's a different point of view. That if the texts are in Spanish, but you know you ought to use the same Spanish translator ... And sorry for my Inglés, I know is really bad!
:smokey:

http://www.forochumajek.es/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=7392

His ideas seem to be based largely on anecdotal evidence rather than anything substantial - I wonder what THC his 18% buds would have tested for if he'd left them for a little bit?

Have a feeling his theories wouldn't go down well hereabouts.

coldcanna

Veteran
Those def need more time, I don't start scoping them until the pistils lay down and turn brown.... you can see the pistils on your bud are still pure white and standing straight up... def more time

Latest posts

Latest posts