What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oger Kush seeds

Stash

Doc, 15 years sounds about right. I asked for info on another site and was told that the Ghost OG clone orig is thought to be the mother of Oger Kush. Trying to put it all together, thanks for your info. Later, Stash

JetLife175

Veteran
Doc, 15 years sounds about right. I asked for info on another site and was told that the Ghost OG clone orig is thought to be the mother of Oger Kush. Trying to put it all together, thanks for your info. Later, Stash

Hey Stash,

I've heard Orgnkid say in an interview that he gave ghost the original cutting, not an s1 as most seem to believe.

The JoshD clone is the Ghost as is the Tahoe and so on. Those early few OG renames were all from the original cut leaking from the LA/SFV crew into other crews. The Tahoe came about by a friend of Josh's living in Tahoe with the cut. I hope this helps a bit.

Stash

Jet, thank you for your help. It's great news that it's the orig cut but it's not special if it's the same cut that every one else has. The plants that these seeds put out are very very special. I wonder who the Dad is? I still have the ECSD x Oger Kush seeds = 50% Original ECSD cut, 25% original Ghost cut and 25% ? But also very special and after 15 years almost forgotten. Any one have any idea who the Dad to Oger Kush is ?
Later, Stash

ThaDocta

Veteran
Ogers Kush was just another name for OG Kush back then. It's all the same plant.

Your ECSD x Ogers Kush are more than likely, if from orgnkid back then, are actually Soma's NYCD x Ogers Kush. ECSD clone femmed onto OG Kush didn't come for a few years later.

Stash

Doc, the group that worked with a lot of these old strains back then, pretty much behind the scene, after many years is still together but still behind scene but they have very good info. Orgnkid did not make this cross and there is no question ECSD x Oger Kush is just that. But thank you for your info. Later,Stash

idiit

Veteran
Your ECSD x Ogers Kush are more than likely, if from orgnkid

iirc stash's ecsd clone was used by him in his ecsd/oger kush cross. Doc.'s contribution is very helpful.

the question that stash is trying to get the answer to if I have this correct is where did the male come from for stash's ogers kush reg. beans.

Huesos

Hola

Hola

ThaDoctha knows more on this subject:tiphat:. My apologies ahead of time if I offend anybody.

Nevertheless, my impression was that the Ghost Cut was the original.

Orginkid did the femmed you reference at a later date ThaDoctha. A lone male was found in those seeds and pollinated the Ghost Cut, ECSD Cut, and Apollo Haze.

My impression is that what you have Stash is as close that anyone will get to the orginal ogers kush in seed form.

Here is a pic of what came out of the Ogers Kush Clone x Ogers Kush.

Attachments

• ogers kush clone.jpg
    ogers kush clone.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 42

idiit

Veteran
^ sounds good to me. here's some info from MarksCastle;

the original genetics of the first banana og from the source, MarksCastle:

Quote:

markscastle said: ↑

That`s the same Bananna OG Kush that I carry.I gave some to Orgnkid. Will be putting some out at the Farm when I open up shop again.

Quote:

The Banana OG I have is just a pheno type of his OGK I got from him. Looks diencer and has larger buds than the OGK but it isn`t a cross.I made a bunch of seeds. It is similar to other Banana OG I`ve smoked but much more dank.It turns the papers greecy and although it isn`t harsh the smoke is very thick/ blue when you exhail.Nodes are on top of each other so it needs vegged a long time but will get a large if you give it more time in veg.I think it is what was used in the making of the other Banana OGK? Not sure what he did with it in the way of crosses but Elite also had some of my Banana OG Kush and may have used it in breeding also.I remember he was impressed with it. I gave some to Mota awhile back so he could use it to breed with also but not sure what he will cross with it. I think he told me at the time but can`t remember just that he had heard about it and was going to use it for something he had in mind.

Something that may play into that is the OGK seeds. Seems every one who got the original seeds got different pheno types from them.I can`t say that any of the pheno types were bad or anything but the original seeds were not very stable and had quite a few pheno types in the genetics. I still have a quite a few of the orginals that I haven`t even tryed yet so I may find yet more pheno types to add to the list.
https://www.*********.com/community/...nana-og.36865/

copy and paste this, 'google' to get the thread: The Banana OG I have is just a pheno type of his OGK I got from him.
no mention of s1 fem, fems, bx. banana kush as well as all the other mentioned variations ( expressed genotypes) from s1 of ghost would be some strong pheno variation out of s1 fem beans.
reg. beans seems more plausible to me.

Huesos

Brotherly Love....

Brotherly Love....

Credit goes to Ghost for sharing the original clone. Credit goes to CTG for sharing the cut with me. Stash, I hope some of those seeds go to CTG. He truly was one of the pioneers on this quest.

Stash is definitely the brotherly love sharing type of dude.

I had I few thoughts on the Ogre male in question. So by most accounts the Banana cut is Ghost OG x 60/40 sag cut. Is it possible that the ECSD x Ogre seeds have the same 60/40 father and maybe they are ECSD x 60/40?

idiit

Veteran
markscastle quote I posted above states there was nothing but ogers kush in orgnkid's original banana kush; no sag's 60/40. other banana kush hybrids came later.

JetLife175

Veteran
Never seen a banana pheno in any of the s1s I made from Josh's cut. I've popped about 80-100 of them since 2012 or so. All very similar to mom, but not the entire package.

Edit: The cut was sourced directly from Josh and his then Fiancé in early 2010. The flowers I smoked when I got the cut was a trip back to 99-01 for me. She definitely hadn't changed whatsoever.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
markscastle quote I posted above states there was nothing but ogers kush in orgnkid's original banana kush; no sag's 60/40. other banana kush hybrids came later.

Orgnkid was on Adam Dunn and stated his banana og kush was in fact bred with Sagarmatha 60/40. It was on the 3 episode run for the true history of ogkush.

ThaDocta

Veteran
Banana OG is Ghost OG x Sagarmartha's 60/40 that's for sure. Orgnkid was the original and only original breeder of Banana OG. That's a fact. Anyone else claiming that is lying through their teeth.

Hey Wesos! Gotcha, the s1 male you guys found. Or highly staminate female as I like to call them! That makes way more sense. Cheers!

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I have a pack of oger kush I grabbed from the seed boutique when I was in Amsterdam in 2005. I never grew them and im not sure if they are viable any longer.... They been chilling in my desk since then. This thread has me wanting to pop some! :biggrin:

Any advice on how to pop these old seeds?

Attachments

• 20161206_212217.jpg
    20161206_212217.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 25

non

Veteran
if you are able to germ them we are looking at several elite uncirculated clone onlys. Have you come up with a backstory yet?

Just kidding :D but would be great to see you try to pop them.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have a pack of oger kush I grabbed from the seed boutique when I was in Amsterdam in 2005. I never grew them and im not sure if they are viable any longer.... They been chilling in my desk since then. This thread has me wanting to pop some! :biggrin:

Any advice on how to pop these old seeds?

Consider placing them in the freezer for a few weeks to simulate winter. I would also consider the use of GA3 in a small dosage for an initial 12 hour soak before planting in medium.

idiit

Veteran
ok, looks like Stash's account of his reg beans Ogers Kush reproduction is substantiated by Huesos. Ogers Kush that Stash received was regular beans and Stash has faithfully preserved the original Ogers Kush seed stock.

now, couple more questions could be answered;

1). where did the male come from in Ogers Kush? very easily could be that random male pollen that fathered Ghost cut to make at least one Ogers Kush reg. bean in Orgnkid's original creation of Oger Kush could be Sag's 60/40. You had an s1 project that got infiltrated by a pollen spec of a concurrent sag's 60/40 male. Lots of you posting think this ( sag's 60/40 in Banana Kush genetics) is accurate and it could be true. Banana Kush would be an expressed genotype aka pheno that MarksCastle found in OrgnKid's Ogers Kush which was a Ghost cut s1 project lightly also pollinated by a random/rogue Sag's 60/40 male. The original one true male found from seed in the original Ogers Kush could have come from Sag's 60/40. MarksCastle sourced back to OrgnKid the special banana kush pheno.

2). Stash made his own ecsd clone cross with orgnkid's Ogers Kush male so sag's 60/40 could be in Stash's personal ecsd cut/ogers kush cross if Sag's 60/40 male pollen was in OrgnKid's original Oger Kush. Robert Verde might have gotten this right.

Huesos

Hola

Hola

I'd like to factor myself out of the ogers kush equation. There are folks here that have a great depth and breath of working the ogers kush.

There are folks like ThaDoctha and all those other folks out there doing amazing work with this plant. The world has access to their good works.

Stash did an amazing job preserving baseline, at least close to it. Guesses on stray pollen would be just a multitude of assumptions.

Ogers Kush truly is a phenom IMHO.

You get amazing smoke in a 60-70 day flower period in contrast to twice or triple that growing sativas. And, on many occasions, ogers kush quality is still hard to beat.

If you find or have an amazing banana OG, send me a cut:biggrin:

idiit

Veteran
Hola

I'd like to factor myself out of the ogers kush equation. There are folks here that have a great depth and breath of working the ogers kush.

There are folks like ThaDoctha and all those other folks out there doing amazing work with this plant. The world has access to their good works.

Stash did an amazing job preserving baseline, at least close to it. Guesses on stray pollen would be just a multitude of assumptions.

Ogers Kush truly is a phenom IMHO.

You get amazing smoke in a 60-70 day flower period in contrast to twice or triple that growing sativas. And, on many occasions, ogers kush quality is still hard to beat.

If you find or have an amazing banana OG, send me a cut

I'm wid you Huesos. input from those with experience growing the ogers kush is what ppl want to see. I was trying to proffer a possibility on the origins of the ogers kush male that would be synchronous with the previous posts. really just conjecture on my part.