What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What c99 should I get?

Applesauce

bg c99 fems ... really disapointing. duke lying his ass off about same parents.
joey weeds is where the candied pineapple pheno is but i found it very floppy branched and avg potency.
I found moscas bx good with a grapefruit pheno

How many of the BX and Joey Weed C99 did you run?

Jack_Baybeh

And what about Mr Soul trying to take advantage on Vic High's legendary Killer Queen (BCGA) and releasing their own spin-off/recreation under the same name? It's a con move, in my opinion they are just trying to make money from all the people looking for legit Killer Queen stock, just like they do with C99.
Cheers.

Damn, I hate to hear that so many are disappointed with the new Grimm stock. Soul waited too long to make a comeback I suppose.
Sucks for me cause I was just about to drop a few AG13/C99 x P75 beans that my buddy was handed straight from Soul himself.
Hearing all the disappointment has me reconsidering. :frown:

angelgoob

BOT jack isn't that a different version? There's like p75 p80 p90 and p99 or c99. maybe they're all c's, but anyway some are faster and more resinous than c99.

karlo I see all c99 thread, nothing gets past me. :)

Americangrower

Veteran
Grim does in fact have the original Mom, unless Subcool is also lying because he held it for him. I think people are disappointed because C99 is a weak high, I said 10 years ago to. It's a daytime get stuff done type of high. C99 does cross superbly tho.

angelgoob

I've said that before, that it's a little weak.

But I will work a lemon strain into it.

It will be bred for social and anxiety and stuff like this.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Well, i haven't grown the original C99, but i have grown two X-line C99s from Female Seeds about 10 years ago, and that stuff certainly wasn't weak. Thou the effect was different, those C99s weren't too far behind Motarebel's Herijuana in potency, and Heri has been the most potent weed i have ever smoked.

..so i imagine/estimate that those C99s were close to 20% thc.
But, sure people tell that there are weaker C99s also, but some plant are quite strong.
-
-
Here's the male Bros Grimm used for their new C99. I think the male they chose is too "stout", so leaning too much to the indica side, NL5/Shiva Skunk.

Dad of the new Bros Grimm C99 seeds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:)

aquavitae

Damn, I hate to hear that so many are disappointed with the new Grimm stock. Soul waited too long to make a comeback I suppose.
Sucks for me cause I was just about to drop a few AG13/C99 x P75 beans that my buddy was handed straight from Soul himself.
Hearing all the disappointment has me reconsidering. :frown:

i would still pop them thats what pheno hunting is about, and what i got from this thread is that many popped the cindy fems, i would defo avoid those, what i also got from this is to either get the grimm regs or the mosca one

ideally both to compare

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
If he is really using the same female parent plant then the issue should be the male, I don't know, I didn't grow them but I can see a more compact and commercial look for sure... anyway unless you use exactly the same females+males you won't be replicating the same results as 20 years ago. I guess this is why people still seems to be happy with Female Seeds and other older c99 stock available.

On the other hand, maybe the C99 simply couldn't hold itself after all this years, back then it was a "revolution" because there weren't many manegeable indoor Haze hybrids available and the only one people would recommend to growers looking for fast sativas was the C99, it was fruity and it was fast, so its reputation on forums spread like wildfire and everyone loved it just like the first NL#5/Haze from The Seed Bank or Jack Herer from Sensi. No one else had many hybrids suitable for indoors at the time, the scene and Cannabis understanding was very different too.

Nowadays the strain diversity is just huge and C99 isn't just on par with most fast sativa hybrids around. Probably any C99 hybrid has surpassed the quality of the C99 alone since many years ago. Years ago it did impress me but nowadays I've smelled that same terpene fingerprint so many times that it no longer impresses me and the effect isn't top either for what an usual sativa smoker may expect.

On the other hand, the truth is that if you take your time to research a bit on high quality and fast stimulating cultivars, you will find that for example most varieties from Delicatessen or even Mextiza from CBG are just as fast, as frosty, as fruity, as speedy and as yummy as the best C99 you may find. Plus they have a whole different character, not the same boring NL/Skunk/Haze chemotypes from dutch-based genetics. Same with the huge offer of Haze hybrids derived from Nevil's and Sam's works.

Sometimes it's just better to leave as a legend rather than trying to keep cashing on and perhaps ruin your legend status because a greedy move. :tiphat:

aquavitae

On the other hand, maybe the C99 simply couldn't hold itself after all this years, back then it was a "revolution" because there weren't many manegeable indoor Haze hybrids available and the only one people would recommend to growers looking for fast sativas was the C99, it was fruity and it was fast, so its reputation on forums spread like wildfire and everyone loved it just like the first NL#5/Haze from The Seed Bank or Jack Herer from Sensi. No one else had many hybrids suitable for indoors at the time, the scene and Cannabis understanding was very different too.

Nowadays the strain diversity is just huge and C99 isn't just on par with most fast sativa hybrids around. Probably any C99 hybrid has surpassed the quality of the C99 alone since many years ago. Years ago it did impress me but nowadays I've smelled that same terpene fingerprint so many times that it no longer impresses me and the effect isn't top either for what an usual sativa smoker may expect.

thought of this too, the old "mom and pop smoked shwag" argument that prevails in many discussions. then again some of the old afghans or thais are more devastating than many newer hybrids including the c99. is it possible that someone expected really trippy effects, body stones? because i found the comparison with herijuana somewhere in this thread quite interesting.

c99 was bred for being daytime weed, "lady" weed, call it what you like. like boyd said, "get shit done"- weed, and that to me is quite fitting to mr souls description (and maybe his character?/lifestyle) and yeah maybe there is more potent / trippy daytime weed than when cindy first popped up. also consider tolerance.

the only offturn imo is the price for the grimm cindy regs..

IntotheGreen

LOL guys we figured it out. C99 just isn't C99 any more, and even when it was C99 it just wasn't that good! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if your main complaint is potency then you ain't smokin' real Cindy. It's known as good "daytime" smoke in the sense that if you smoke it late at night you won't be able to fall asleep, not because it's a "weak" high. It's "get stuff done" weed like Adderall or cocaine are "get stuff done" drugs - a strong, focused stimulant effect. The Cindy I grew from Joey Weed was borderline psychedelic in higher doses, with a vivid, shimmering visual effect and enhanced auditory sensation/light hallucinations that I've yet to match from any one of the new trendy strains I have sampled from the competitive market here in one of the biggest cities in the world. Shit on my first grow I baked the butter I made from the wet, uncured trim from two 1.5 oz plants into brownies, ate 2 and almost had an out-of-body experience in the first row of the movie theater watching Children of Men, lol. Shit was INTENSE!

Obviously everyone has their own preferences and tolerances to certain drugs/strains, as each person's brain chemistry is unique to some degree, but in my experience with Cindy it's always been about "careful dude, give it another 5 min and see if you need another hit" so you don't get into 'uncomfortably high' territory, not "eh we blazed a blunt to the dome and I'm just not feeling much."

At any rate, I've got 10 JW Cindys in veg now, hoping to grow out 4 females so in a few months I'll be able to say whether she still looks as good in that ball gown as I remember.

GoatCheese

Veteran
.. because i found the comparison with herijuana somewhere in this thread quite interesting.
Hi

Just to clarify, i didn't really compare C99 with Herijuana, but i used Heri as a reference for potency.

I grew them, smoked them at the same time, so it's quite easy to compare potency.
If Herijuna is given 10, then my C99s were atleast 8.5.

Thou the effect was different, those C99s weren't too far behind Motarebel's Herijuana in potency..

Here's one of the girls. Pure grapefruit. Her sister was very very similar. Like twins.
The seeds were bought around 2005 and this line was different than Female Seeds' new version, cause they lost the original parent plants in a raid. People loved these X-line C99s back then.

picture.php

picture.php

:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
LOL guys we figured it out. C99 just isn't C99 any more, and even when it was C99 it just wasn't that good! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if your main complaint is potency then you ain't smokin' real Cindy. It's known as good "daytime" smoke in the sense that if you smoke it late at night you won't be able to fall asleep, not because it's a "weak" high. It's "get stuff done" weed like Adderall or cocaine are "get stuff done" drugs - a strong, focused stimulant effect. The Cindy I grew from Joey Weed was borderline psychedelic in higher doses, with a vivid, shimmering visual effect and enhanced auditory sensation/light hallucinations that I've yet to match from any one of the new trendy strains I have sampled from the competitive market here in one of the biggest cities in the world. Shit on my first grow I baked the butter I made from the wet, uncured trim from two 1.5 oz plants into brownies, ate 2 and almost had an out-of-body experience in the first row of the movie theater watching Children of Men, lol. Shit was INTENSE!

Obviously everyone has their own preferences and tolerances to certain drugs/strains, as each person's brain chemistry is unique to some degree, but in my experience with Cindy it's always been about "careful dude, give it another 5 min and see if you need another hit" so you don't get into 'uncomfortably high' territory, not "eh we blazed a blunt to the dome and I'm just not feeling much."

At any rate, I've got 10 JW Cindys in veg now, hoping to grow out 4 females so in a few months I'll be able to say whether she still looks as good in that ball gown as I remember.

The X-line C99 was just like how you put it. Strong, rushy, intence, trippy even if you smoked alot.

aquavitae

at least 8.5 nice :)

yeah no i got that you meant potency and not type of effect, still interesting to me, because we all know that some smokers dont get anything from head highs with no body, and vice versa. the subjectivity of the experience makes it hard to have a general opinion on varietals and then different breeders on top of that

GoatCheese

Veteran
at least 8.5 nice :)

yeah no i got that you meant potency and not type of effect, still interesting to me, because we all know that some smokers dont get anything from head highs with no body, and vice versa. the subjectivity of the experience makes it hard to have a general opinion on varietals and then different breeders on top of that
That C99 of mine had a "hybrid effect", not just high. I have seen Hazier phenos of C99.
Still, it kept you awake if you smoked it too close to bed time.

Think i have read that not every pheno of Female Seeds' new C99 is that potent, but i have no personal experince with those. The new plants look somewhat different to my old Cindy too.
But like i mentioned earlier, LostTribe had some nanner-problems with their new C99

..I think LT also said some Mosca's F-generation (F4?) wasn't very potent, compared to the original Grimm's C99.

I’ve an unknown breeder C-99. I grew her out in spring, revegged it. I’ve got 7 3’ plants 5 weeks into bud.
Leaves are very “erect” and the main stem grows in a zig-zag fashion.
I’m picking up fruit and or rotting animal smells.

Americangrower

Veteran
maybe if you ask Gmanwho nice enough he will send some of his C99 crosses into the server fund. I grew his GG4, Corey, and ECSD x C99 and the C99 shines thru in the Corey and ECSD crosses. Had a bunch of pineapple and rotten fruit phenos.

heres his C99 wallyduck male
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts