What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What c99 should I get?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I just finished a crop of G-13 Labs Cinderella 99. Yield wasn't great but the taste and aroma is amazing. Very strong buzz for a Sativa.

angelgoob

wow thanks everyone!

I'll have to investigate more.

C99 literally makes you live your life bro. LOL.

No, what I mean is, the truest representation of yourself will come out on this stuff.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I found some ok plants in moscas. Ran them twice. I am sure if you popped enough there is s nice one in there. But I would try another breeder first.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Bros Grimm
Female Seeds
Mosca
Joey Weed

I would go Female seeds or Joey depending on if you are looking for fem seed or regs.

I grew Joey Weeds C99 and it is excellent. You can find pineapple and grapefruit phenos no prob.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I never tried Joey's version but I've found great plants on Female Seeds version back then (they received original Grimm stock from Gypsy Nirvana in the past), very frosty, fast, with thin leaves and pungent grapefruit smell, plus they are very cheap actually. So Female Seeds and Joey Weed seem to be the closest to the good'ol C99 and they did a great job by preserving this classic Haze hybrid from the past.

Grimm nowadays are just trying to cash in like many others who also made a come back into the industry, but they don't even have the same genetics LOL. Many people claimed their brand new C99 is no longer what it used to be but an overpriced and washed out version adapted to the trends of nowadays, others ended simply dissapointed so they are just taking advantage on the popularity his old C99 and Mr Soul acquired IMO.

And what about Mr Soul trying to take advantage on Vic High's legendary Killer Queen (BCGA) and releasing their own spin-off/recreation under the same name? It's a con move, in my opinion they are just trying to make money from all the people looking for legit Killer Queen stock, just like they do with C99.

But neither the C99 nor the Killer Queen will be the same, nor even their brand new Durban/C99 (which seems to be a random indica-leaning "Durban" clone chucked by C99) will be just as the good old and legendary DTHF/C99 . It's all marketing and cashing on big names, not quality plants or breeding like it used to be. Nowadays breeders just want to release as many plants as possible per season, even if genetics are more than questionable, but that's how it goes since most people don't know or don't research much before buying.

Cheers.

X

xavier7995

I would go with the Joey weed version, wasn't very happy with the new version from Grimm unfortunately. Coulda just been bad luck though.

superx

Veteran
For the folks who grew out joeys was there such a wide variation from one pheno
to the next.

What sort of realistic finish time can one expect?

aquavitae

Grimm nowadays are just trying to cash in like many others who also made a come back into the industry, but they don't even have the same genetics LOL.

not the same cut? duke says in the interview on scloud same cut since 16 years or something. doesnt mean thats true either, looking for evidence for each argument because i wanted to pull the trigger on the BG c99 sometime...

AV

meizzwang

Grimm nowadays are just trying to cash in like many others who also made a come back into the industry, but they don't even have the same genetics LOL. Many people claimed their brand new C99 is no longer what it used to be but an overpriced and washed out version adapted to the trends of nowadays

Any links to threads or grow reports on Grimm's "new" C99? Bit disappointed to hear this, already bit the bullet on a pack.....

beanja

if you are truly looking for the grapefruit pheno ... mosca negra bx is what you are looking for . i just grew out 2 packs of bg fems c99 and 2 packs of joey weeds and 1 pack mosca. inly grapefruit i found was in moscas

beanja

bg c99 fems ... really disapointing. duke lying his ass off about same parents.
joey weeds is where the candied pineapple pheno is but i found it very floppy branched and avg potency.
I found moscas bx good with a grapefruit pheno

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
my mosca fruitpunch pheno is my daily toker - nice and high and clean, not stoned/daywrecker weed . getshitdone weed
recently popped some moscaxbrosgrimm f2s from bugs
gonna find out whats wht in a few months

Latest posts

Latest posts