What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOG Grow... Need some help

Grateful D

So I am switching over to a SOG grow. I have 4 4x4 tables with a 1000w over each one, a 24000 btu mini split and C02 injection. I would like to harvest 2 of the tables every month. I am basing my grow off of Stoney 419's epic SOG grow thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=77825 I was going to PM him some questions, but it appears he has passed away RIP. I was wondering if anybody else has grown like this. Specifically I have some questions about vegging in an easy cloner. How does that work? (I have never used ez cloners before, though i just built 3 60 spot ones, so i will be testing them in the next cpl days) wouldnt the roots get too long and end up just sitting in the water? Would that even necessarily hurt the plant? I am planning on planting in hydroton, which I have never used before. In his thread Stoney has his plants in Hydroton in regular (not net) plastic pots. I cant quite wrap my head around that. How does the root system Also it looks like his root system is huge when he takes them out of the cloner, do people trim their roots before they transplant? or do they just let the sit in the bottom of the pot? get wet without any modifications to the pot and no holes in the side. Are these alright to use, or should i just get net pots? Also do people recommend t5's or t8's for vegging? I have always just vegged under my HPS's, but now that I am going to veg in the ez cloner that will not be feasible. I would also love to hear peoples SOG experiences, how many plants are you putting on a table? how long do you veg for? any strains that you would recommend? (I am going to do brothers grimm cindy 99 as soon as my moms are big enough, unless i can find something better.) Please share your experiences and advice with me. Thanks!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Rip He was a good friend of mine , we had very similar styles... We both ran sog grows with few differences. Yes you can veg in an ez clone for a few weeks with the constant misting it works like any aero system except plants are super close.since u don't want branching its fine.. Untangling roots can become a pain but really not an issue. He never did anything to the pots., just plant n go... 128 per 4x8. I suggest a sour type sour would hit stupid numbers in this setup... Basically 1 plant per ft..... C99 could be nice to, its all about the phenos in this setup...
Keep in mind this is an old thread tons of good info but most of us moved on to other methods, Coco dtw 1 gal 32/48 plants per 4x8 using cyco nute line is what he was last doin.. But either way has its advantages n drawbacks... Id love to see n olskool sog grow I say go for it,

Grateful D

Hey Stoney917 thanks for the reply! I appreciate the advice. Im excited to try this SOG method, for its simplicity, low maintenance and quick turn around. I was thinking of doing it a while ago, but it didnt seem like that much of an advantage because I dont have a large separate room to veg in, so it wouldnt have gotten me much quicker of a turnaround. Then i ran across that thread, vegging in the the ez cloners is genius. I have room for those. I will post pics as I get it going, Its probably gonna take a couple of months before I am at a full room, I have to finish what is in there currently and then I have to get enough moms up to cut that many clones monthly. I think i am going to do like he did with the 5" pots, though I may use net pots instead of the square ones without the slits in the sides. I have made the cloners already, I had the spare pumps laying around. I also have a shit ton of hydroton laying around, I have a 55 gallon garbage can packed probably 2 feet over the top of it. When I started my room I was originally going to use plants in rockwool cubes, sitting on top of hydroton that lined the bottom of the table, but ended up using rockwool on coco mats instead. So it makes sense considering I had everything lying around. I plan on starting a journal after I get up and going