What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Solar Power

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Our electric bills run $600 in the summer and $400 winter. A/c and small grow are the big electric users. Looking at Canadian Solar 330w panels for around $220. A pallet of 26 panels can be had for around $4300. Four more panels take it to a 10kw system. I am planning on doing the ground mount installation and hiring an electrician for the grid tie hook up. Initial numbers look like this can be completed under $10k with the tax breaks and we would have a good part of the money back in the first two years.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
No. I have an automatic generator. Planning on running the meter backwards and using the credits at night and during the winter.

amanda88

IMAG0474-e1465235595814.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

I recently saw a firm making solar panels for a greenhouse in red

https://www.soliculture.com/product/

good luck

great move. With the change in Canadian culture perhaps you willbe able to use an insulated greenhouse and efficient led light setups too.

Latest posts

Latest posts