What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Corona plans cannabis infused beverages

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Article in the Wall Street Journal today. Here's what I could read without paying to get behind their firewall...

The U.S. distributor of Corona beer is chasing a new type of buzz.
Constellation Brands Inc. has agreed to take a 9.9% stake in Canopy Growth Corp., a Canadian marijuana company, and plans to work with the grower to develop and market cannabis-infused beverages.
Canopy Growth is the world’s largest publicly traded cannabis company, with plans to develop cannabis-infused drinks...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/big-brewer-makes-a-play-for-marijuana-beverages-1509300002

It's going to be difficult to close these flood gates now that they've been open.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw that on the news. There are similar drinks in Europe. Non alcoholic, it could be 21st century absinthe?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've yet to sample a cannabis drink that was worth the $ spent!
Regulations will ensure the trend continues.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll just take a cold beer in one hand and a joint in the other, any day...:biggrin:

Actually Arabica roast and a hit in the AM! Tried absinthe, too. Can almost have the same sensation with Uzo! ;o)

Yeah, tried a few canna beverages when touring Netherlands. Would rather inhale smoke than quench my thirst.

Cannavore

Veteran
i thought about this a long time ago. if i tried to do this id get arrested as the peasant i am. corona? corprations get permission of course.

7thson

That's good because u sure as shit can't get drunk off that low end crap.

Mexico is not known for quality beer.

therevverend

Veteran
Negra Modelo is pretty good. Around 1900 or so some German brewmeisters were hired to work at Mexican breweries. Good stuff if served ice cold on a hot day with a lemon or lime in it.
When I used to brew I made a cannabis beer. Put a couple ounces of flowers in a 5 gallon carboy while the beer fermented. The theory was that the 5% alcohol would slowly extract the THC. Hops is closely related to cannabis so we used less hops with the cannabis as a substitute. Came out nice, it was kick ass purple ganja. Gave it a purple tasting finish and a nice body high.
Of course I wouldn't expect anything special from Corona. It'll be a gimmick.
Had some ganja lemonade from a Washington dispensary, a guy I know was making it. Potent stuff but way too sweet. A bottle of two would generate a nice mellow psychedelic high.