What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mushroom Tea Foliar Question

PDX Dopesmoker

IC Mag, what do you think the potential benefits and or problems that would be caused by spraying psilocybe cyanescens mushroom tea on my pot plants late in flower? Has anyone tried foliar application of psychedelics in any form?

P-NUT

Veteran
Budrot would be my guess. Although I do wonder what would happen. I think heat breaks down psilocybin so idk how youd consume it, if it worked. I find shrooms way more palatable that eating buds. Also I wonder if the roots could ansorb it. If so thats kinda troubling because what happens when a poisionous mushroom pops up in the garden and dies and becomes part of the soil? Are your veggies poision to eat? Let us know what happens when you try this please.

PDX Dopesmoker

Budrot would be my guess. Although I do wonder what would happen. I think heat breaks down psilocybin so idk how youd consume it, if it worked. I find shrooms way more palatable that eating buds. Also I wonder if the roots could ansorb it. If so thats kinda troubling because what happens when a poisionous mushroom pops up in the garden and dies and becomes part of the soil? Are your veggies poision to eat? Let us know what happens when you try this please.

Yeah, its a shame, but you're probably right, budrot was my first guess too, especially on outdoor plants in an environment thats already on the cool and moist side. It does make you curious to think about it though.

Easy7

Veteran
Won't do a darn thing unless made ediable. Also not a very wise route to go about.

It's basically extracting the actives from the fungus, diluting, applying to another plant and lacing it badly.

Why not just eat the shrooms and do whatever you want with the weed? It won't go thru the roots, and it cannot be smoked.