What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New way of feminizing?

Very interesting! How does it go together with the use of a wetting agent? Do you use any? I was just about to believe it's cool to wet the whole plant like there's no tomorrow.
No I haven't used a wetting agent, although I did look into one called Sprayfix, which is used to improve the application of pesticides, herbicides and foliar fertilizers.

Dog Star

Veteran
1. The elusive Florigen, which is produced in the leaves and signals the apical meristem to flower via an unknown mechanism.

2. Flowering in short-day plants is triggered when the plant experiences a number of successive long nights without light interruption.

3. Remove the leaves just before flowering is triggered?

Please explain how this will induce a female plant to make male flowers?

Regarding the stability of plants reversed using chemicals,
crosses made from females reversed using chemicals (silver, GA3 etc) will inherit the same genetic stability of the parents. It is no different than crossing a male with a female.

Everything is wrong answered... :) you will not made fems in those technique as first crucial question is wrong answered and
cause of that all others is wrong.

Where is a flowering hormon deposited and where he stays in plant??

Answer is not in leafes but you are right that technique is mechanical,you need to remove some part of a plant and then repot in fresh soil and wait plant produces male pods with polen..

Defoliation on plants only made bigger yields so this techniqe is
not by moving leafes but some other plant parts need to be removed right in some specific time,that time depends on a strain you grow.. for indicas shorter and for sativas a bit longer as they dont create flowering hormone in same times..

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
There is technique to reverse plant whithouth any chems and STS...

but you need to answer 3 questions to understand what you wish to achive and why it happends..

1.Where in a plant a flowering hormone develops??

2.In what time this hormone develops??

3.What is happening if we remove this hormone in right time??

If you know answer on this questions than you will know to reverse your plants
whithouth STS and other chems and this kind of produced fem seeds are much
more stabile than those produced with STS.

I have no idea about the first two questions. Please let us know what you know.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Everything is wrong answered... :) you will not made fems in those technique as first crucial question is wrong answered and
cause of that all others is wrong.

Where is a flowering hormon deposited and where he stays in plant??

Answer is not in leafes but you are right that technique is mechanical,you need to remove some part of a plant and then repot in fresh soil and wait plant produces male pods with polen..

Defoliation on plants only made bigger yields so this techniqe is
not by moving leafes but some other plant parts need to be removed right in some specific time,that time depends on a strain you grow.. for indicas shorter and for sativas a bit longer as they dont create flowering hormone in same times..

Somewhere I have read something about root pruning to induce male flowers but I am not sure.

Dog Star

Veteran
Hot hot.. you are close to answer.. ;)

Thats a trick to induce male flowers but a timing and special kind of pot containers
play also crucial part in good performing of this kind of reversing...

Also you need to have special knife for roots.. ;)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Just had a thought on a very good explanation why *some* femmed seeds, using CS/STS methods, would produce intersex traits...

Light leaks.

I mean, how are you going to realize you have light leaks when you've just spent the last few weeks making sure your fems grow balls? lol

Anyway. Passing thought. :)Save

Dog Star

Veteran
Will explain tech properly...

Answer is in a root tips,there is most of flowering hormone.. but a trick is to grow plants in common circular or quadrat plastic pots so we can remove easier roots that will circle around pot walls.. you take a bread knife and cut by margins 2cm all roots from all sides even bottom ones,after that repoting in a lil a bit bigger pot than before with fresh soil mix,and than we wait plant reverse and bounce back as a male with pods full of polen that is more secure than those STS maded one...

This tech you made after you put your plants in flower and they are there for 7-21 days,then is a best time for removing a flowering hormone from your root tips..,

And thats it... now you know how to made fems whithouth STS,more better quality
and with less herm issues than with chems.

Kind regards folks

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Will explain tech properly...

Answer is in a root tips,there is most of flowering hormone.. but a trick is to grow plants in common circular or quadrat plastic pots so we can remove easier roots that will circle around pot walls.. you take a bread knife and cut by margins 2cm all roots from all sides even bottom ones,after that repoting in a lil a bit bigger pot than before with fresh soil mix,and than we wait plant reverse and bounce back as a male with pods full of polen that is more secure than those STS maded one...

This tech you made after you put your plants in flower and they are there for 7-21 days,then is a best time for removing a flowering hormone from your root tips..,

And thats it... now you know how to made fems whithouth STS,more better quality
and with less herm issues than with chems.

Kind regards folks

Thanks, worth a try...

Answer is in a root tips,there is most of flowering hormone.. but a trick is to grow plants in common circular or quadrat plastic pots so we can remove easier roots that will circle around pot walls.. you take a bread knife and cut by margins 2cm all roots from all sides even bottom ones,after that repoting in a lil a bit bigger pot than before with fresh soil mix,and than we wait plant reverse and bounce back as a male with pods full of polen

This tech you made after you put your plants in flower and they are there for 7-21 days,then is a best time for removing a flowering hormone from your root tips..
Thanks for explaining the technique and I can understand the theory behind why it might work. You are basically depriving the plant of cytokinin during early flowering which then supposedly switches the production of flowers from male to female. Have you actually done this yourself and successfully reversed a female plant?

Dog Star

Veteran
No i didnt but that is mostly as i work regular seeds so for now there wasnt any need
to made them,

but as you can sees i understand why and when,and i gived a tips to Scarhole who made his thread here,also there are lot of folks that understand why this is possible..,those guy that sended link with science on this tech just confirms mine words..

i just gived explanation a bit deeper on when and how if you grow in soil..

but you can try and give us feedback... am just shared a knowledge..

beta

Veteran
No i didnt but that is mostly as i work regular seeds so for now there wasnt any need
to made them,

but as you can sees i understand why and when,and i gived a tips to Scarhole who made his thread here,also there are lot of folks that understand why this is possible..,those guy that sended link with science on this tech just confirms mine words..

i just gived explanation a bit deeper on when and how if you grow in soil..

but you can try and give us feedback... am just shared a knowledge..

If you haven't done it yourself, how do you know it works?

Dog Star

Veteran
Heh.. cause its not mine but i know a person that works this way fems and he does
it whithouth any problems,great fems,from him is data about when to do it,also data where flowering hormone is in plant...etc..

i gived you knowledge so you can bet i know how things works around me.. lets not trivialize this share,am pretty tired on no belivers...

Best to you Beta,hope you try it and not give negative comments before you try it..

beta

Veteran
I'm not giving negative comments, I'm questioning the value spreading untested tech.

I have revegged plants by taking them out of flower, cutting off 50%+ of the root mass, repotting them, and putting them back in veg. None produced male flowers.

Dog Star

Veteran
Bro you put your plants back in vegetation ciclus while we here talk about
flowering and then reversing it in flowering regime..

is this the same thing or you bad readed this thread??

So they could not produce any flowers as you didnt start a flowering hormone in them by 12 /12 ciclus..

mack 10

Veteran
interesting method, dogstar.
thats a simular method to how we reveg a plant.
never thought to try it on a plant in flower.

will def give this a try.
cheers for spreading the know how.

#i spose its the plants method of pollinating itself,
in extreme conditions, ie, getting ripped out the ground.

Latest posts

Latest posts