What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New way of feminizing?

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, like djonkoman said, it's not silver nitrate. You can be sure that i am aware of the skin burning nature of AGNO3 which is also used against warts. You should of course wear gloves while handling silver nitrate. My point was that i didn't find much about silver thiosulphate, which, at least, doesn't burn skin. So i did a simple search but the info on the inet about SILVER THIOSULPHATE is thin. I also said I wouldn't consume it.

Last edited:

Betterhaff

Veteran
I don’t understand the debate about sts, especially it’s consumption. The fact is you are using sts to produce pollen from a female plant and that pollen is used to pollinate another female plant or self itself (hopefully with a clone). Isn’t the objective to produce seed?

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don’t understand the debate about sts, especially it’s consumption. The fact is you are using sts to produce pollen from a female plant and that pollen is used to pollinate another female plant or self itself (hopefully with a clone). Isn’t the objective to produce seed?

Now, sometimes it doesn't go well and buds are being formed and only a few pollen sacks. The idea was to find out if these could still be used , for instance for extracts.

Betterhaff

Veteran
OK, I can see that logic but still would think if the objective is to make seed then things should be dedicated for just that purpose. If things don’t go well and little pollen is produced so be it. A little pollen goes a long way and whatever the risks are with potential hazards of consuming sts, is it worth it? Geez, I read all these concerns about contaminants (pesticides, fungicides, etc.) being used on weed and obviously sts is not a natural thing to use unless you are trying to produce pollen.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
O.O. Wandering into Burbank territory there :"plants learn". No, in the same way a crashed car doesn't learn that bent bumpers are better than straight ones.
Don't get me wrong, I love your posts, just that one term always rubs me up the wrong way. Plants don't learn, they are affected.

You may consider reading 'THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS'... Then maybe conducting an experiment or few then re-evaluate your comment.

djonkoman

Veteran
I wouldn't recommend 'the secret life of plants'...
bunch of pseudoscience-bullshit imo.
I got it from my grandmother for my birtday(I had asked for brave new world), I made it to chapter 4 or so before I couldn't handle the bullshit anymore, it was around the point they suggested you could telepathically talk to aliens by recording electric signals of plants.

if you want to read something similarly amazing/alternative but actually well written and researched, I really like this article I once had to read:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0037382

or regarding plants learning, look into studies on mimosa pudica. some interesting shit, the closing reaction of the leaves upon stimulation can be desensitized by repeated stimulation

Now, sometimes it doesn't go well and buds are being formed and only a few pollen sacks. The idea was to find out if these could still be used , for instance for extracts.
The main reason no Material Safety Data Sheets are not widely available for Silver thioisulfate is that it is only mildly toxic, and that is on account of the elemental silver. Thiosulfate itself has a LD of 5,000mg/Kg in rats, which is barely considered toxic at all.

Some people actually consume colloidal silver, foolishly believing that it has miraculous health benefits.. have too much and you turn a permanent shade of blue LOL.

Latest posts

Latest posts