What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

9DRAGONS

hulk smash, thats a funny name, i hope your harvest lives up to the name.
have a great day man

pics look real nice

So far the hulks that have been tested have very positive reviews. Hulk smash #1 got rave reviews and is highly euphoric. Not a daytime smoke as she kills any motivation to do anything. We shall see how they are after a good cure.

TheeKavorka

FrozenFire, it looks like you've done at least two grows with the 630w CMH, and some previous grows with a 1000w DE turned down a bit. Considering grams per watt, which do you think performs better?
I saw your test results for the TK. There appears to be a very slight increase of THC and terpenes with the CMH, but so little it's hard to say for certain the reason was the CMH. Doing an eye test, does the CMH produce more resin? Better looking plants and thus better looking nugs in the end? Thx

Hard to say with gpw. I'm not growing with the goal of high yields. I also don't grow the same cuts very often to compare more than the occasional cut I've grown before. What I will say is I've got nothing bad to say about the results I've got out of cmh so far. I do like the lower tent temps I'm getting with cmh. I also like the shorter space requirement from bulb to plant top cmh needs vs 1k DE hps. I see less light stress issues, and happier plants. Resin wise most of the strains I grow make lots of resin and get super sticky. For what I'm doing, de cmh is a good fit.

TheeKavorka

Cool. Thanks for the info. There is so much anecdotal evidence out there regarding/comparing the two. It's nice to get some info from someone who has done side by side. It's a tough call for a commercial space. You need 19 630w CMH's to create the same watts as 12 DE HPS. If you consider PPF using u/Mols in the lights I use, you need 21. That is a considerable price difference. I'd take a slight downgrade (say 5%) in yield if quality went up. I hear ya, the strains we grow get resinous as hell too, but in the competitive commercial market every advantage helps.

TheeKavorka

How close are you getting your 630 CMH to the canopy in flowering? We use 315's in veg, and we keep them about 2.5 to 3 feet away. Any closer seems to stress them.

I ran into burned tips before light stress, plants took under a foot for under a week and recovered fine. Happy plants from 16" to 36". Stress is very strain dependent from what I've seen some like intense light, while others will throw nanners, cup leaves, and be pissy in general.

A different lens to look through is more 630w lights will give you a more even light spread with regard to umol coverage. Price tag for de cmh is competitive watt for watt with de hps, and cheaper than some major names in de hps.

The big thing I like is the penetration I'm getting with the added benefit of the high cri lights. I like being able to see deficiencies without that damned yellow tint from hps. Just my opinions, take them as you will.

Samples sent off for lab testing today: Orange glue #1,#2, and #6 for potency. Hulk smash #1 and #10 for potency and terpene profile. We shall see what the number look like soon. I'll possibly have results by Monday.

Samples sent off for lab testing today: Orange glue #1,#2, and #6 for potency. Hulk smash #1 and #10 for potency and terpene profile. We shall see what the number look like soon. I'll possibly have results by Monday.

I finally added up the total weight for the entire room. 774g = 27.3 oz = 1.70 pounds. This equates to .61 gpw. Not a bad considering I didn't have anywhere near a full aeroponics table, and running from seed with multiple strains.

So something worth noting, dwc plants on average have much thicker base stalks. Anyone else notice this vs any other grow methods or have an idea why?

A new king has been crowned in the garden! Just got potency results back. Hulk smash #10 came in at 25.38% thc. All of 3 of the Orange glue were over 20% thc. I'll post all of the lab reports once I get the terpene reports on the hulk smash cuts.

Tonight 2 batches of concentrates got made. First run was with 6oz of Orange glue bud and trim. Consistency is shatter, color is a light amber, and smells like Oranges and a sharp chemical smell. Second run was with 3 oz of hulk smash bud and trim. Consistency is shatter, color is light gold, and the smell is sweet strawberries, flowers, and a hint of fuel. It's tied with tangerine kush for the best smelling concentrates I've ever made. You could bottle it and sell it as a woman's perfume. I've still got blue dream to run as well, should be another 6oz run with it. It will be done later this week. Here's some pictures of how tonights run turned out.

Orange glue:
picture.php

picture.php

Hulk smash:
picture.php

picture.php

Oh I still need to get a screen for all this keif. I will use some of this for making moon rocks, the rest will be sifted with dry sift screens once i buy some. This is the pile I got from processing this harvest.
picture.php

Test results as follows:

Hulk smash #1: 17.37 thc, .06 cbd, and 1.55 terpenes
Hulk smash #10: 25.38 thc, .08 cbd, and 1.55 terpenes
Orange glue #1: 21.98 thc and .06 cbd
Orange glue #2: 22.68 thc and .06 cbd
Orange glue #6 23.53 thc and. 07 cbd

I'll post reports soon as I can print them off and get some pictures of them to upload.

Goats

i wanna pull a fat dab off that hulk smash. really light color. how's it taste?

way to go dude!

Next round of veg consists of a bunch of hulk smash #10, and Orange glue #2. I'll be giving those two most of the main aero table. Along with them are various cuts of Orange glue and hulk smash. I'll be building a second aero table for the bloom tent in the near future. The second table will be for seed runs and verification runs. This round of seed plants has hulk smash #4 × blue dream #2, hulk smash #4 x Hulk smash #6, and green point seeds copper chem. Oh and tangerine kush is making an appearance in this upcoming run as well.