What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thousands of CA marijuana prisoners being released

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Thousands of CA marijuana prisoners being released
Marijuana attorneys report from the field

Several Cal NORML legal committee attorneys have reported that their clients have avoided jail time by having charges reduced under the Adult Use of Marijuana Act.

“I was in court [Nov. 10] where a guy had a possession for sale of 35 pounds,” LA NORML’s Bruce Margolin told KPCC. “They wanted to give him a year in jail and three years felony probation. Today, he walked out with a misdemeanor 60 days, with half time.”

Sherman Oaks attorney Eric Shevin said that over the previous week he’d received “hundreds, literally hundreds of calls” about resentencing.
[link to theleafonline.com] http://theleafonline.com/c/politics/adult-use/2016/12/thousands-ca-marijuana-prisoners-released/

shaggyballs

Veteran
Well I have to eat crow here! I am against legalization because it was for $$$$$$$$$ not for the people.
I may have to rethink things, a bit now that things are changing, but I still ain't all in yet!
This great news.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is excellent news!

The question is...

Who are they opening up space for?

Or

When are they going to shut down some prisons?