What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the questions about CMEP-OL oil less explosion proof recovery pump

Sunfire

Veteran
Idk, phone numbers, websites, use Google for whatever company you want. RHH you can contact on here.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, extraction lab #2, turned in their report and the machine will transfer to lab #3 Monday.

Lab #2 shows the recover rate at between 9.2 and 10.5#'s per hour recovery rate, much quieter than the TR-21's, liked the fact it has useable gauges, and especially liked their savings in dry ice from the large air to air heat exchanger.

No blips or glitches noted.

Sunfire

Veteran
10# per hour seems slow no? I was getting .27 per minute with two tr21's and a simple ice bath for the coils.

Roji

10# per hour seems slow no? I was getting .27 per minute with two tr21's and a simple ice bath for the coils.

With my two trs-21 Im pulling 10 lbs in under 35 minutes with only water cooling on the mt69s I use.

Permacultuure

Veteran
Yeah that's slow.....a local extractor picked one up and ran it. He quickly turned around and bought a Haskel and a 7.5hp compressor.

Rickys bong

Veteran
I'd Reeeeally like to see some displacement specs on this rather than recovery rates.

Recovery rates are subject to many variables that affect things, port sizes, cooler efficiencies, valves, etc...
Can someone pull one of the heads off already?

RB

A6 Grower

Veteran
ya thats REALLY slow, my 2 appions sharing 1 50' 3/8" cooling coil can recover 12#'s in about 40 min with heat mats on the column and 60 to 70f water bath around the collection pot.

RHH

Hi guys, I've recovered 20lb in 1 hour with the CMEP-OL in to a 100# tank. I use bottom heat. Recovery times depend largely on pot temperature.

If it did 10lb/hr I wouldn't have bought so many. Speaking of which...

CMEP-OLshipment.jpg

They're here! Shipping today.

jswick93

Hi guys, I've recovered 20lb in 1 hour with the CMEP-OL in to a 100# tank. I use bottom heat. Recovery times depend largely on pot temperature.

If it did 10lb/hr I wouldn't have bought so many. Speaking of which...

View Image

They're here! Shipping today.

Do you still have some available?

Sunfire

Veteran
So why don't you give us some specs...

You used just one cmepol?
What was the water bath set at?
What kind of additional cooling did you use, such as coil size and ice bath or di or n2?
What size diameter are your hoses?

A6 Grower

Veteran
So why don't you give us some specs...

You used just one cmepol?
What was the water bath set at?
What kind of additional cooling did you use, such as coil size and ice bath or di or n2?
What size diameter are your hoses?

Ya im gonna need more info. If i crank my pot up to 100F+ and chuck some DI in my recovery coils i bet my g5s will recover at least 20lbs in an hour. Ill try this on my next edible run. Specially since right now i can do 12 to 14lbs in 40 min with 60F water bath lol.

I can also fix my appions very easily and cheaply. But it would be nice to have a quieter pump and all SS. But im still not sold until i see more folks use and abuse them. Also knowing what were going to NEED to replace and what maintenance on these would be nice. Am i going to be spending an arm and leg doing maintenance on this thing?

I think IC has a strict policy about selling stuff around here if you don't pay a fee. It is only fare since they have a lot of server and other costs.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Each labs system is set up differently, and we will get information from two more production labs.

Of note, is that the above figures came from a setup with a 20' X 3/8" preheat coil on the intake side of the pump and 60/80F on the pot, with the recovery tank in water/ice/dryice.

APK47

I've watched a video and read testimonial that this cmep pump "traps" a half to 3/4 lb of solvent in the heat exchanger which cannot, or at least cannot easily be purged out? Anybody have any experience or heard this?

I've watched a video and read testimonial that this cmep pump "traps" a half to 3/4 lb of solvent in the heat exchanger which cannot, or at least cannot easily be purged out? Anybody have any experience or heard this?

Could you post a link to the video you're speaking of?

I don't know about the CMEP pump specifically, but it would seem to me that this problem (in varying degrees of severity depending on size of the exchanger) would exist in every pump that has a heat exchanger.

What is everyone doing about this lost amount at the end of the day, or is everybody choking it up as some sort of angel's share?

snake11

Could you post a link to the video you're speaking of?

I don't know about the CMEP pump specifically, but it would seem to me that this problem (in varying degrees of severity depending on size of the exchanger) would exist in every pump that has a heat exchanger.

What is everyone doing about this lost amount at the end of the day, or is everybody choking it up as some sort of angel's share?

The appion holds gas in its after cooler however it is smaller so less loss then the cmep-ol.

tkmed

Where are my parts

Where are my parts

Pumps arrive Tuesday. Get your checkbooks out, ladies and gentlemen. :tiphat:

Since I can't seem to get a response via email, phone or text to your company, I am having to resort to responding to you here.

You guys have had my money for a full week now. Although you claimed the parts are in stock and my shipping address is literally in the same county, I am still to see any items or tracking.

I am not sure what to make of this. No one answers the phone or replies to emails. I was told it was shipping Tuesday (didn't happen). All calls go through to google voice.

Latest posts

Latest posts