What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK

Holeshot51

A07318AE-B6B5-4AED-84AF-41C15340FA39.jpeg
224DCB2B-0D98-4BDB-BABC-2523FB62EC2A.jpeg
E3FFD68E-3ECB-442B-80D4-A6855B95D685.jpeg
New killer is a absolute beast. One of the best of grown for smell , vigour and taste. Strong up high then narcotic at times.

vcasqui

Right on, guys! How did your plants came out last grow FletchF.Fletch , ColaCalyx . I think our MPCK's were harvested pretty close to one another.

I will have to do some smoke reports on my 3 phenos, but I would like to have a couple pics of the dried buds before I do, and since I don't have a phone... I will have to enter society again and get my hands on one... damn.

Right now I'm smoking my MPCK#1, and it's a really nice smoke. My fav plant of the season. I still have them on the "drying" room at 50% rh and around 13-15ºC; kind of dungeon style, with no air movement other than opening and closing the door. They have been there since November 2021 (almost 3 months as of now). I will eventually (before summer probably, when temps get high) move what's left to crystal jars... but for now I'm happy as it is, since they are very delicate in terms of humidity (1 hour in a 62-65% RH/ 21ºC room "ruins" them. See smoke report below). Last year really changed the smell/flavour and I don't want to risk it.

So, MPCK#1: I would think this is the main desired outcome (pheno-wise) of this cross. Very nice balance of Sativa/Indica when growing; easy to grow, nice and sturdy branching with flexible stems, vigorous, nice height, good internodal space, medium-density buds (which is very nice for my growing environment) (More density could be achieved in other climates for sure), low-profile (but very rich when close) odour, very pretty...

And the smoke... mmm so tasty. It really depends on humidity tho, which is something I'm still working on getting to the point I want. I always smoke joints with a paperboard filter and around 20%-30% "grinded" tobacco. Adding tobacco has its pros and its cons, and the taste also depends on the humidity of the tobacco itself, so you have to cotrol that too.

When the humidity is slighty higher: It usually starts very lemony, with an intense lemon-zest flavour. Earth and musk undertones, slight burned taste while smoking. Makes your nose and throat a little bit itchy, may cause caught. Pretty heavy burned aftertaste. After letting it rest for 5 mins or so: the first tokes have this diluted berry Sugus-like flavour, pretty good but somewhat lacking. As you keep smoking, the lemon-earth-musk-burn taste comes again. Burn aftertaste again. Another 15 min rest: kind of the same story, but this time the texture of the smoke is a little bit more creamy. The last portion of the joint is kind of tasteless but very creamy texture; just a little bit spicy, still some itching in the back of the throat, and makes your nose runny.

Right out of the drying room: Amazing. The experience is very pleasant. A little bit "unidimensional", meaning that the smoke doesn't really have many "layers"; but holy fuck is it consistent and tasty! Since the first toke to pretty much the last, you get this very clean berry Sugus-like taste, not dilluted at all. The aftertaste is also very nice, just like the smoke. The texture is pretty smooth; medium density I would say, meaning that the smoke is not thin; you feel full when inhaling and exhaling. The texture also get slighty creamier towards the very end, but remains smooth. Of course it's not perfect; sometimes you can get a slight burn taste, or some of the flavours described before; but it's not very common, and the smoothnes is always there. I would say that it is a "dark" taste, and I don't know why but every time I smoke, the color blue (darkish blue) comes to mind; go figure. Honestly best tasting MJ I have tried so far (last year MPCK's were amazing too, but mostly on the lemony side, which I think is overall more common with marihuana).

The high: I've been smoking pretty heavily (around 6 joints/day) for the last two months, so my tolerance should be noticeable. Also keep in mind that I've been only smoking my own stuff (the MPCK's) and that my plants didn't have all the light intensity they would have liked during last the half of flowering. Still, it gets me high everytime for a solid 2 hours. The start feels like a rush of blood going throught your body that ends in your head. Light body, pretty energetic in the sense that it enhances your mood, so you feel like doing stuff (that's the reason I started this report, like a good 4 hours ago LOL. I just wanted to say HI!). Over the duration of the high, the energetic/mood enhancing feeling comes in waves that are chained to more a calmed state of mind; but suddenly you hear a song that triggers something and there you are again, with energy and dancing. Very focused in thinking, but about many things; so it is nice for creativity but not for concentration (if you are programming, for example, you might find a creative way to do something, but you won't be able to implement it. Or it will takes ages to do so anyways). And just as it comes, it goes; the only reason you know you stop being high It's because you need to go grab something to eat, and you realize the high it's coming to an end.

When "overindulged", the high feels more introspective and not so energetic. This doesn't mean that the body gets heavy or tired; what really causes this is the fact that you are just pretty much sitting in one place thinking about stuff a lot of time, and not moving makes your body tired. But noticing your body is also the sign that the high is starting to wear off, since you are starting to get out of your head, so you get up and after 10 steps you suddenly feel light. No body "hangover" really.

Also, just to clarify, when I say energetic I don't mean that if you are tired after a day of physical work, you smoke this and suddenly feel like new. I mean that it changes your state of mind from "normal" or "down", to "up". And so you react more "lively" to certain stimulus.

I haven't used it in a social scenario yet (with family and such yes, but not with friends in a bar for example), so I won't talk about it. But If not overindulged I can't see why It wouldn't work nicely.

So, medium-high duration and potency. I can only imagine how it would be under the right growing conditions.

And just to wrap it up, an anecdote of a friend that I think is kinda funny:

- I gave a couple grams to a friend who usually doesn't smoke too much, we'll call him Ra. One day we were talking with another friend via Discord and Ra decided it was a good time to smoke my weed for the first time. So he starts to smoke and I impatiently ask -"How is it?"- to which he answer -"I'm just starting. I don't know" - so I go -"Ye, but does it tastes good?"-. No response... I ask again; no response... After 10 minutes Ra mutes himself in Discord. Me and the other friend are laughing about how high Ra is and stuff. About 1 hour later he came back, just like nothing ever happened. And the 3 of us start to play a COOP game, which was the plan for the night. You could see Ra was still high, but he was not "down" like when smoking another type of weed.

A couple days later I asked about what the fuck did he do while he was muted in Discord. He said that he had listened to music, danced, and watched an episode of a show. And later he gamed with us. Ra reported nice flavour (but I'm 100% sure he didn't kept the "sample" well preserved, because I know him. And otherwise he should have reported amazing flavour). And I feel like he found the potency confusing, because he "perceived the world" in a different way (music, TV...), while being able to "think straight" and not sensing a "stoned feeling", so he said it was not too potent... but I don't think he realises how it affected him, really. He literally ditched our gaming plan (his favourite thing) to go dance in his own house (something he never does). But that's the lovely thing about sativas, Isn't it?

Sorry for the extensive text and all the possible errors. But this is the first time in 6 years that I can post a confident smoke report, so I'm excited. I went thru 3 joints while writing this. Took me around 5 hours lol. I was trying to describe what I was feeling as I was writing. So yeah, the above is pretty much my "descent into madness".

Very nice strain. Would (and will) grow it again.

Have a nice one folks!
​​​

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
vcasqui , great smoke report. Mine turned out Great. Thanks for asking. Truly an all around Perfect Smoke. It hits all the marks: Taste, Looks, Smell, Potency. I kept cuts of my favorite Green pheno and call it "Duende Verde"

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much vcasqui for taking the time and effort to write such a detailed smoke report, much appreciated :)
Can feel the strong passion you feel for cannabis plant and how strongly connected you are with your outdoor plants :ying:
Enjoy! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola dubi , here we go again!! Yes I do like to keep cuttings of my favorites. This time, I plan to take clones from the cuts and do a whole tent of the Green PCK dominant pheno that I love so much. Can't have enough Duende.

That's great to hear amigo ;) Glad to see more starting to flower, thanks for sharing your experiences with us, much appreciated.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see your Green Duende back in action FletchF.Fletch ;) It's always important in the learning curve to grow again and again the same clone in the same conditions until you believe there's no room for improvement (or you are feed up of the same genetics). I have friends growing same clones for more than 10 years and they are still super passionate about any slight improvement they can achieve growing same genetics.

Naturalgazda

Glad to see your Green Duende back in action FletchF.Fletch ;) It's always important in the learning curve to grow again and again the same clone in the same conditions until you believe there's no room for improvement (or you are feed up of the same genetics). I have friends growing same clones for more than 10 years and they are still super passionate about any slight improvement they can achieve growing same genetics.

Hi Dubi, hello all Ace Seeds fans.

That's right, Dubi. One good grower once told me that the variety should be devoted to at least one year or two. And in this way to understand and satisfy the needs of the cultivar.

I still want to ask. Which strain from the Ace Seeds offer would you recommend to me as an alternative to the well-known Mazar strain. Mazar is great. I used to maintain a mother plant. But the DP seed bank is no longer as stable as it used to be .... My tip is either Panama or maybe Malawi / Kush. Thank you very much.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Naturalgazda even sometimes takes even more time .... especially with the very long flowering sativa strains.

If you want a high quality and high yielding THC rich Afghani then Bubba Hash never disappoints (you may still can find last packs through retailers).

Old HashPlant S1 limited edition (still available at this moment) is also great for THC Afghanis, very consistent although not so high yielding or potent as Bubba Hash (HashPlant cross).

On the other hand, if you are looking something closer to original Afghani hashplant landrace populations (which produce all kind of chemotypes) then ErdPurt is the right choice.

Take a look also on our website to the indicas from Indian Landrace Exchange, Purple Dasht, Zanjeer, Balochi hashplansts, etc .... are extremely interesting. We expect to receive more Balochi selections in a few weeks.For further discussion on this please pm me or email us so we can keep the thread on topic as much as possible.