What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

watts

ohms
Veteran
I'm cooking this up right now with coconut oil. How do i store it when i'm done with all the extractions? Do i have to freeze it like regular butter? Coconut oil doesn't have dairy in it.

Is there any scientific reference to the claim that cinnamon has a synergistic relationship with cannabis or is it purely anecdotal?

Don't get me wrong - I love cinnamon. I believe it does have medicinal properties, but we should promote further research if it hasn't been done yet. We know that chocolate has a synergistic effect when combined with cannabis, so it shouldn't be a stretch..

Jhhnn

Veteran
I recently had to stop making batches of 16 2x2 inch brownies out of each plant's trim because the high lasted over 10 hours and was borderline terrifying for its duration no matter what strain I used.

Made me laugh, remembering some edibles from long ago. When too strong, edibles redefine the whole concept of "unexpectedly intense & long lasting high". Some people have found it more intense than LSD.

Love the recipe- it really makes sense. thank you!

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Is there any scientific reference to the claim that cinnamon has a synergistic relationship with cannabis or is it purely anecdotal?

Don't get me wrong - I love cinnamon. I believe it does have medicinal properties, but we should promote further research if it hasn't been done yet. We know that chocolate has a synergistic effect when combined with cannabis, so it shouldn't be a stretch..

You're absolutely right Easybake - it is anecdotal, but I figure if the ancients added it to a topical rub, it has to have some benefit in edibles.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Looking to do this with Ghee and no water... just need to find a lower heat source.

Ghee is clarified butter and doesn't burn easily like butter will, no need for water. Ghee also doesn't pick up the water soluble stuff you have to wash out.

Anyone tried this with ghee yet? Awesome call on the cinnamon. lol

Keep it Clean! :D

Here is a link to a thread about making budder with Ghee.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=253112

I've used Ghee, and it is much less likely to burn... and much less likely to cause 'dairy' reactions.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Speaking of intense; I sent a few cookies over the hill to GJ, one of the recipients said he woke up the next morning still buzzing......

Was one of the 'day enders' made with White Russian. The batch was made with WR trim, and then run through an oz of Bud (White Russian also). Cooked with Ghee (clarified butter), and simmered at 190- 200*F, for 10 hours. (Yield was 2 cups of Budder)

I use the oven for consistent, even heat. Also I've started raising the heat to 260*F, for the last hour of cooking. I read that the higher heat will improve the THA/C conversion.

I knew they were strong, but haven't experienced that duration personally. lol But they do let me sleep through the night pretty much.

Good question. I had to visit wikipedia to determine whether or not it would work!

WIKI:
Coconut oil is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of matured coconuts harvested from the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). It has various applications in food, medicine, and industry. Because of its high saturated fat content it is slow to oxidize and, thus, resistant to rancidification, lasting up to two years without spoiling.[1]

THC binds to fats which is the reason I use butter (that and every recipe for baked goods always calls for butter). I see no downsides to using any other oil or fatty base like Coconut Oil. The only part I see that could be an issue will be separation from the dirty water. I don't know if coconut oil separates into a layer like most oils, but provided it does, all the same steps will work.

In the old testament recipe I reference, they used olive oil because olives are widely available in the area. Olive oil also doesn't require refrigeration like butter does, but then again, when Exodus was written refrigeration wasn't exactly available yet.

are you referencing the most holy recipe or the regular one?

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
are you referencing the most holy recipe or the regular one?

Its the recipe I quoted in the original post, Exodus 30:22-25. They translate the original Kaneh Bosem to Calamus, but it can also be translated to Cannabis.

Calamus has no psychoactive effect, except for the roots of Acorus Calamus - which have to be chewed to cause hallucinations (and is also sedative, laxative, diuretic and relieves intestinal gas). But in nearly every instance of holy anointing oil in the Bible, people become overcome with the holy spirit a while after its rubbed all over them, something that fits cannabis quite a bit more. There's also no mention of eating the oil, or getting the runs afterwards.. If you've ever seen an ad for trans dermal testosterone on television you've seen a similar delivery method of a drug / medication.

I'll tell you one thing, if you boiled 6 1/4 pounds of cannabis in a gallon of olive oil for 6-10 hours and then let it cool and rubbed it all over yourself, I think you'd see god too. ;)

Here's a related article on the translation debate: http://www.cannabisculture.com/node/20688

And the related wikipedia article on the same debate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_anointing_oil#Identification_of_kaneh_bosem

22 Then the Lord said to Moses, 23 “Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels[a] of liquid myrrh, half as much (that is, 250 shekels) of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of fragrant calamus, 24 500 shekels of cassia—all according to the sanctuary shekel—and a hin[c] of olive oil. 25 Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil.

1. Exodus 30:23 That is, about 12 1/2 pounds or about 5.8 kilograms; also in verse 24
  2. Exodus 30:23 That is, about 6 1/4 pounds or about 2.9 kilograms
  3. Exodus 30:24 That is, probably about 1 gallon or about 3.8 liters

I don't know if that qualifies as regular or extra strength, but it's where I got the idea. :biggrin:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks alot terpene!!!
this brought my budder game to a whole new level.
i've been waking up face down on the floor every morning since making these.
literally only taking a bite or two of a cookie at a clip, lol.

watts

ohms
Veteran
hell yeah. I been taking it every night and it keeps me relaxed and happy. I sleep very well all through the night.

I made it with coconut oil and I just eat it plain. Very clean.

Sarcclash

Great post Terpene!
"Its the recipe I quoted in the original post, Exodus 30:22-25."
And I have something to bang on my bible thumping buds!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
By adding hot water, the butter goes back into solution allowing the plant matter, chlorophyll and other ish to fall out of the butter as it sets. The cannaboids bind to the fats in the mixture, which separate off the water, leaving you with purer and purer butter on each extraction. In my experience, butter that has been "washed" several times produces far better tasting edibles - and that's what baking is all about right?

So simple, so brilliant!! Going to try this this week!!
I also hate the green taste, so I just do my butter with BHO-- Looking forward to trying this one--:tiphat: