What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Glad to hear you're not selling your own stash Pontiac.

Gifting to friends and family feels good doesn't it? The price of weed these days it's nice to help a friend in need.

I myself have only grown 4-5 strains, but I've been smoking for many years and sampled quite the spectrum.
I always think of strain choice as a very personal decision. It's hard to give advice to someone on what strain to purchase because of the individual preferences.
I myself like piney/spicey tastes, skunky odours, and buzzes that border trippy with some body stone.

Any advice I could give you on which strain to grow would be purely out of personal taste. I'm sure you know what to look for when choosing for yield, and potency, just find what suits your needs and tastes.

Strains that I've tried or grown that I can rave about are:
Hempstar, Hashplant, Grapefruit, Black Domina...but they all suit my buzz tastes, very potent and trippy.
Personally I plan on trying the MikadoXHashplant cross next. Short stocky plants, hashy/piney/spicey flavour, large yield, medical potency. Might be a good strain to start breeding with too.

Good luck on your research, I'm sure you'll find something that you'll like. You know how to do well with the AK...I know variety is nice sometimes, but looks like you already got that dialed in.

:wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
OD- Yes that sounds like a very good strain, a mixture of NL potency and BigBud yields. I just might pick that strain next, thank you very much. Do you know the seed company of NLxBB?

TML- It always feels good to give weed away to friends :cool:. Funny, your taste in weed is exactly the same as mine. So just i might give hempstar and black domina a try in a micro grow or something. Thanks for the tips and comments TML! :wave:

pontiac said:
OD- Yes that sounds like a very good strain, a mixture of NL potency and BigBud yields. I just might pick that strain next, thank you very much. Do you know the seed company of NLxBB?
Hey Pontiac. I'm looking to find a good strain of Northern Lights too. I've been growing Female Seeds stuff lately and want to order some more of them. I really like the WWxBB cross. I'm just now getting into the smoke from that grow and it's pretty nice. (The pic below is the wwbb).
I want to try this one... Sour Northern Lights X Neville's Haze.
A classic Indica/sativa ‘’winners’’ cross (NLxHaze) in an upgraded edition.
One parent is an upgraded Northern Light. Connesuirs like the ‘’Sour’’ smell and taste. She was never crossed with ‘Sour’strains, she just has that smell and taste. Like any Northern Light she is very strong and crossed with an indoor adapted Nevilles Haze.
They need 10-12 weeks of 12/12 and 3-4 feet in height after 2-3 weeks of veg. Expect overgrown with resin buds here, with a very special smell and taste. They maybe need a bit longer than average, but will out perform far better than average too.

I hear that NL is less finicky than the 'whites.' Lotsa good possibilities out there.
:cool:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
RW- WWxBB looks like a pretty nice strain, thanks for the suggestion. Whats the high like for that strain?

The Northern Lights X Neville's Haze sounds like an awesome strain too, i'll consider that one. Once again, thanks for the suggestions RW! :wave:

Last edited:

bigjayworks

i had to chop down my ak.. due to security reasons.. when i was stoned with my friends.. a close friend that grows and introduced me to growing told me that the AK47 was named after that because it gave you the giggles so hard that your body would move like an AK47 gun.. LOL my main motive to getting those seeds... i want to buy them again but im not sure if it is a myth or not.. what do you thinkg Pontiac

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
BJW- Hey buddy i think youre absolutley correct, AK hits you FAST and HARD. My experience with AK is very similar with your friends description.

My Experience:

After a few minutes of smoking some cured AK, :smoker: I thought... ehh its just normal weed; I was very giggly :biglaugh:, happy and couchlocked... A few seconds later, out of NO WHERE :yoinks:, came this overpowering stone. I mean I couldnt move at ALL. My heart was racing and I couldnt remember what I said to my bro and friend a few seconds ago :confused:. At this point the happy and giggly feeling has vanished, and the experience kinda turned hellish :sasmokin:. It was still very pleasurable though, but it just got a lil scary for a few minutes. By now, my friend was drooling all over the floor :tongue:, and my bro was KO. The high kept on escalading and I almost freaked out by running around the house :Bolt:, but I stopped and kept my cool :cool: a few seconds later. Finally over 1 hour after lighting up, the stone turned happy and giggly again :bigeye:. From there I just closed my eyes, thought about things :rolleyes: and went to sleep.

The whole trip was a freakin roller coaster man, I dont think what your buddy said was a myth. Just make sure you grow it hydro and give it a month to cure, and Im sure you wont be dissapointed... I'm terribly sorry to hear about your poor ak plant, i'm sure you'll get to grow ak again soon. Well thanks for stopping by BJW! :wave:

Ethereal- :wave:

Last edited:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Serious Seeds website says:

"The name was given not out of any idea of violence, but more in association with the ‘one hit wonder’ that the smoke is."

Sounds like one hell of a smoke report Pontiac. With that kind of yield/potency, maybe that should be a strain I should look into.

When's your next grow coming Pontiac?

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
BJW- Yea no doubt, i'll be watching your next grow. Goodluck! :wave:

TML16- Wow, the SS description couldnt be any more accurate.

Yea you should definatley consider growing AK, you wont be dissapointed.

Well, i was hoping to do 1 last AK48 grow with my current setup, but i cant find my AK48 seeds. Hopefully the clones i took are still alive (havent checked in a while). If they are, then i should start growing within this month. If not then i guess i have to grow another strain on my list, and it would take me a little more time sinse i have to grow a mother plant and take clones.

Hey TML, any idea where packn2puff is? Anyway thanks for stopping! :wave:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
not exactly sure Pontiac. I do remember him saying something about his brother coming over to visit him for awhile and that he'd be shutting everything down for that period of time.

Hopefully everything is ok with him and that is all it is. Maybe work has just been busy too.

Bum deal that you can't find your beans. I know I keep my beans in a lock box. Precious those things are. How's the bagweed in your area? maybe look into a bagseed grow if what you can get is good.

Looking forward to whatever you got cooking next anyhow

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Yea its funny you mentioned bagseed. My friend felt sorry that i lost my seeds, so he's comming over today to give me 21 skunk bagseeds. I'm still planning to order some more seeds incase the bagseeds are no good. Im going to the store today to get a lockbox; i dont wanna lose my seeds ever again.

Hmm thanks for the info, hopefully packn will show up soon. Well thanks for stopping by TML! I'll be growing within 2 weeks or so, regardless of what strain i choose. :wave:

Last edited:

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
I'm back and connected for now..got a gardener chopping up cable..cable co won't fix again cause they did a few times before and want conduit installed before they fix..but association has to approve conduit install first, so I finally fixed mine myself thing going on..no TV either so I played a few games before total frustration..so I fixed with screw-on connectors..no slack left I'm just waiting for someone to kick it loose..

So get some seeds a soakin..many of the Skunk #1 mixes and there are plenty..provide a good yield with nice flavor and aroma..
It's more of what you want to do..hell the AK48 is a good staple grow..most of the diesels seem to be winners as well..Strawberry Diesel looks good every grow I've seen..
L8r :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Nice! Good to see that it was a cable connection problem and not something more serious. Hope you get those cables permanently fixed, so this dont happen again. I'll get some seeds soaking asap, i got the skunks at hand and im just waiting for my other seeds now. :wave:

G

pontiac congrats man ... have you planned out the scrog for next time yet? How are the clones?

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
JJ- Well, i keep changing my mind about how my next setup is gonna be. First i thought i'd stick to DWC ScrOG, and then i thought non-recovery drip SOG. Now i've made up my mind on a SWC SOG. I'll be using 3-4 SWC tubs with 6 to 8 plant sites on each, thus totaling to 24 plants.

I've checked the clones last night and theyre all dead. I guess i was just so caught up with my new harvest, that i forget about my lil babies. Not to worry though, just got 21 skunk bagseeds yesturday, and i'll have 80 more seeds soon.

Thanks for stopping by JJ! :wave:

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Nice smoke report dude! I had two AKs growing; one was a male and got cut down. The other one has a single, solitary female preflower as of yesterday. Now I'm just hoping it doesn't herm....

G

great job man!

great job man!

yo pontiac . just read EVERY page lol and mate what a journey eh? man you have learned so much, what ever method you go with SWC ,DWC, SOG,Scrog, im sure you will rip it a new one lol...

just hope you took in your mistakes (like that scrog screen hehe) and learn from them man, some things just cant be taught...only learned ....now thats priceless...:D

anyways after this comment "I've checked the clones last night and theyre all dead. I guess i was just so caught up with my new harvest, that i forget about my lil babies" i think you need a bubbler cloner lol...as long as shes full and youve got power to your air pump..they are maitenance free... just a thought. mine cost me about 20 bucks. pump and air curtain were the most expensive bits :D

anyways keep em green mate and enjoy your smoke, sure it will/has been the sweetest of all that youve ever had hehe :D

peace out

G

pontiac said:
JJ- Well, i keep changing my mind about how my next setup is gonna be. First i thought i'd stick to DWC ScrOG, and then i thought non-recovery drip SOG. Now i've made up my mind on a SWC SOG. I'll be using 3-4 SWC tubs with 6 to 8 plant sites on each, thus totaling to 24 plants.

I've checked the clones last night and theyre all dead. I guess i was just so caught up with my new harvest, that i forget about my lil babies. Not to worry though, just got 21 skunk bagseeds yesturday, and i'll have 80 more seeds soon.

Thanks for stopping by JJ! :wave:
Sucks to hear on the clones..

I fried some once when I went on vaca as well.

the MMM plant in my flower currently was a mom that I rejuvenated fro that drought somehow.

Not sure how that one will turn out though! (its a solid foot shorter than the bogbubbles, but is 12" tall and THICK.)

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
G23- If it was a herm, you shouldve seen the male preflower before the female preflower, sinse male preflowers are the first to show. I'm pretty sure what you have there is a pefect female. Goodluck bro! :wave:

Eulogy- Thank you very much for the comments bro :wave:. I've learned so much from this grow, stuff that cant be learned through books and such. It goes way beyond that; kinda hard to explain.
Yea, i guess a bubble cloner would be a smart choice. Thanks for the tip man. I can see why ppl like it over wick cloners now. Shit, if i had a bubble cloner, my ak clones would still be alive.

JJ- mmm... :jerkit: I'd love to see some pics of that MMM, lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts