What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Malawi

MrHamilton

Veteran
420giveaway
Just a quick pic
24DBC3B8-DE06-4D5F-BC5E-CE80EBFF656D.jpeg

Perdido

Which one wil be the latest in autumn?
I am about to try these ACE strains this year outdoor at lat 48° (Vienna, Austria).
Quite sure my beloved Lebanese will be the fastest, but I haven't tried any of the others.
So which one will be the slowest?
Purple Haze x Malawi
Malawi
Panama x Banghi Haze
Zamaldelica
Lebanese
Romulan "Bx1"
Zacateca Tribute

deepwaterdude

Can't do that, but I also not all of them need to finish. Just curious for the strains.

I ran a really beautiful malawi outdoors, only got to bud for a couple of weeks before shutting down in the cold nights. I grow in pots, which makes it a lot of effort to keep them going. You may be OK in the ground. Good luck!

JonnyWeedSeed

Purple Haze x Malawi humbled me this winter but not sure where I went wrong and I was hoping someone might lend a hand here. Indoor tent grow with limited temp control (50's/60's F). Started in 1-gallon pots in N-leaning super soil mix and transplanted into 4 gallon pots with N-light super soil mix about 3+ weeks into the flowering stretch when the plant was setting flowering sites and baby buds. 2 weeks after transplant the plant reverted back to veg/stretch with all these little branches sprouting out of everywhere. I had to hedge the plant to reduce the height. I reduced the lights from 12/12 to 11/13. Now, 3 weeks later, they are flowering again. Lots of popcorny buds that smell awesome but are on these skinny little branches so I'm sure yield will by puny. I've had experience with lots of other ACE sativa varieties and I know the genetics are solid so I'm sure I made rookie mistakes here. The indica-leaning plants in the tent were not affected but the other 2 sativas had the same exact issue. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• MH x M.jpg
    MH x M.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 139

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi JonnyWeedSeed sorry for not catch up earlier. Are you flowering indoors from seed or from clone ?
Most probably your Purple Haze x Malawi felt all the new space for the roots after the transplant in early flowering, once the sativa spreads the root system conquering new soil, this translates also on strong growth of upper part of the plant, therefore stretching strongly (especially when flowered from seed and plant is not enough sexually matured).

Glad her smells in early flowering were already promising. How is she doing these days ? She looks tome like she was showing classic signs of ph-ec imbalance. Do you measure the ph and ec in your watering and feedings ?
How is your sativa diva doing one month later @MrHamilton ? :)
Hope you and her are doing well and that you managed to slow down the typical yellowing of growing in pots these type of plants of such long flowering.

JonnyWeedSeed

Hola Dubi. I grew her from seed and transplanted into a much larger container (1 gallon to 4 gallon) so your theory makes sense. She has put on some bud weight but is spread out all over the place .... tons of small buds everywhere. She has lots of frost and beautiful incense/spice/woody aromas. I switched my water source and realized a few weeks ago that the new water was 7.5+PH so I have been adjusting it lately. Thank you for your insight. I'll chock this one up to a learning experience. Gonna try this outside next Summer ... think it will do much better. Peace.

MrHamilton

Veteran
420giveaway
How is your sativa diva doing one month later @MrHamilton ? :)
Hope you and her are doing well and that you managed to slow down the typical yellowing of growing in pots these type of plants of such long flowering.
dubi, she is doing great, just chugging along. She’s probably not going to swell up much more, being incredibly root bound(3 gal soil), but her aromas are starting to come in a bit, Incenses/sandalwood. She ate up all her fan leaves, and is getting an organic flowering supplement now to get her to the end.
812AE6E3-4ACA-416A-80E9-5BFF2D1624D6.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
lovely @MrHamilton thanks for the update, she has the Oldtimer's Haze look and flower structure, now also with the purple (Haze) touch when ripening, but with much denser buds, huge trichomes and bracts from Malawi Killer :yes: Purple Haze x Malawi F1 is very uniform for such phenotype, without major trait deviations from that. Pigmentation intensity is very dependent in this case on temps and feeding during flowering.

MrHamilton

Veteran
420giveaway
Took her down today. She was about 3 weeks when I put her in flowering. Today was day 120 under 11/13(10.25/13.75 the last 2 weeks). She smells very exquisite, dark berry/burgundy, with a touch of incense. I don’t think there will be any trimming necessary.
C0379810-762F-47B8-AE96-993F81A00FE4.jpeg
4BD87E67-98CB-4A6A-BB17-30ACDE185A70.jpeg
4F62E7A4-99E0-4C9B-8756-F676A7AC533F.jpeg

Last edited:

Perdido

latest to finish from your list will be Purple Haze x Malawi without any doubt. Only Lebanese, Romulan, and Zacateca Tribute have chances to finish well there
I have planted 23 strains in Vienna (latitude 48) last weekend.
6 are from ACE and another two from the "family", ie Green Mountain Seeds and Romulan.
The ones that will quite surely not mature near the danube (its a bit too humid in November) I was able to hand over to a friend with a rooftop, that allows a few weeks more into November.
Latitude 48 sounds quite far north, but Vienna already has continental climate. From here to the Black Sea Europe has a privileged climate zone. Its not comparable to the US-Canadian Border at lat 48 or to Nova Scotia or anything in America. Its rather like northern Italy and Spain or southern France. In autumn of course you feel quite a difference.
Here is the whole list of strains I have planted: Mala/PCK #47 purple x NM Killer fem, Malawi Standard: reg, ACE Seeds, Purple Haze x Malawi reg, Critical Kush reg, Romulan "Bx1" reg , Zacateca Tribute reg, Super Silver Haze reg, South African Kwazulu reg, FLC x GMG reg, DS x GMG reg, Panama x Banghi Haze fem, Zamaldelica fem, Himalaya fem (OASeeds), Wild Thailand fem (WoS), Colombian Gold fem (WoS), Kilimanjaro fem (WoS), Bangi Haze fem,
including 6 clones from Viennese shops: OG Kush #18, Alpine Rocket, Franco’s Lemon Cheese, Blue Cheese, Kimbo Kush, Mimosa Evo!

Purple Haze x Malawi, Zamaldelica and Colombian Gold are on the rooftop, the rest in the woods close to the Danube.
Wish me luck

my 28 seedlings

20230607_Sorten 2023.jpg

20230609 Zamal, PHxMal, CG Dach.jpg

Malawi

20230608_Malawi L17.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks @Perdido for your support 🥰 looks like you are going to be very busy this season!
If you feel motivated please create a thread so we can follow your outdoor progress, or keep us updated in the official threads for each strain. Good luck and happy growing!

Pure sativas can hardly compete with modern Kush hybrid strains for bag appeal @MrHamilton the difference is in the type and quality of the effects, i love indicas for last moment of the evening, but indicas cannot replace what sativas make me feel during the day ☀️

Latest posts

Latest posts