What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New York City Diesel (Soma) x Sour Diesel (Rezdog)

T

Tarus Bulbar

Damn chillb those ladies look like they
will be some killer smoke bro!!
Great work!! Id say the lake water is working well!!

Chillb

They are looking mighty happy and cared for.Are they getting that DANK sour D smell

Something reaks around here, is it sour or new york stank? I don't have a clue heh ... both varieties are totally new to me. But after reading a bit I'd have to say the sour d odors have not made their full appearance yet, that or the NY is just overpowering them currently :biggrin:

Chillb

Damn chillb those ladies look like they will be some killer smoke bro!!
Great work!! Id say the lake water is working well!!

:tiphat:

Last homegrown I had was several years ago and it was just 1 little bud, have had mids ever since. This stuff is likely going to knock me into the next solar system :biglaugh: Shouldn't have as much trouble with my arthritis then thank goodness ...

Chillb

Day 48 Flowering

Day 48 Flowering

Part two, Day 48 Flowering. Had 2 plants tip tops get some light/heat burn a little while back, that's why one of the colas appears flat.

#4 #4 #4

#4 #4

Chillb

When to harvest ... hmmmm, Dramamine indicated these go 55-65 days. My #4 clones are just about there ... suppose I need to dig out a magnifying glass and see how the trics look. The plants certainly have swelled up and are oozin' sticky resins, seeds are ripe also. 33.3g each on average for these would hit the milestone of 1gpw, will I get near that? No idea, but at this point this has all been a success!

D

dramamine

Yeah, the trichs will tell....also, the individual calyxes will bulge out at the finish. Won't be long now....looking really nice, bro.

Chillb

50 Days of Flowering

50 Days of Flowering

NYCDxSD #4 day 50 closer ups, this currently is as close as I can get to the buds and trichomes with good focus. Gotta find my magnifying lens still.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chillb

Found my handheld magnifying lens, but it's weak. I can see what I want, but not in great detail. So I broke down and read a bit of my camera's owners manual. Got macros figured out and will have an update with photos after a bit ...

Thanks for sharing with the community Dramamine, I have been really impressed with this cross so far!

Chillb

Day 52, Harvesting Begins!

Day 52, Harvesting Begins!

It has been so long since I have done this I am going to stagger harvest both pheno's ... #3 and #4. Half of each will come down when I believe they are ready, by checking trichomes top to bottom. The remaining of each will be taken 7 days later. I want to see if I need to adjust the timing of harvest at all.

In the past I had always taken plants down when they were 50-60% cloudy, a bit early for most folks, I really enjoyed it that way, but that was back then. This time I am taking them when I see about 90%+ cloudy with no more than about 10% amber.

Pheno #3 is getting to critical mass, literally, bracts are starting to swell. They have about 55-65% cloudy trichs as of right now, so not yet ready for harvest. Will do an update on these in a couple more days.

Pheno #4 is showing almost all cloudy heads with touches of amber mostly on the oldest bract and leaf areas. Tonight, I will harvest 2 of the 5, leaving 3 in the soil for another week. Get to the photos already right? Here they come ... All plants in these updates are #4

Chillb

Took one #4 clone down, letting the rest sit. I will get weights and shots when ready for curing. #3 plants are bulking up bigtime ... it's looking like they will be the heavy yeilders.

D

dramamine

Nice macros, dude. They look mighty tasty from here. I'm really interested to hear how you like the smoke. Those longer phenos are usually the yielders, no doubt....sour d leaners. Thanks for all the updates...lovin it.

Chillb

53 Days Flowering NYCD x SD #3

Nice macros, dude. They look mighty tasty from here. I'm really interested to hear how you like the smoke. Those longer phenos are usually the yielders, no doubt....sour d leaners. Thanks for all the updates...lovin it.

I had to water again today ... I couldn't resist snapping a few more shots, this time of the #3 clone which I have had very few photos of, see below ...

All the updates help a lot, I am learning and re-learing a bunch of things along the way for sure. I said it before, but I am impressed with these quite a bit. They seem to have a lot of vigor and resiliance. Buds speak for themselves ... I can't comment on flowering stretch due to the light leak earlier in the thread. Smoke I will fill ya in on for sure. They have a permanent seat in the veggie chamber at least for a year ...

First three pics are the same clone

Chillb

I pulled a bottom bud off the plant I harvested the other day so I could get a better look at the trichomes, and have an early sample...duh :) Not dry enough to puff yet but the heads from the bottom bud are 15-20% amber, the rest are cloudy with some clears here or there. With the extra several days I'd suspect ambers are nearing 30% on the remaining four #4 clones. It's officially harvest time!

Grow note - Total growth time from seed to clones to harvest has been 16 weeks, with a quick 55 days of flowering for pheno #4.