What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New York City Diesel (Soma) x Sour Diesel (Rezdog)

Chillb

After over a decade of not growing, I decided it was time to grow again. I suffer from arthritis and for me Marijuana has helped more than any pill that I have tried. So, not too long ago I ordered up some beans and got all of my equipment in hand. Set up the grow box and ran it for a couple days before putting in any plants in to make sure temps, ventilation, and all electronics were working. All things looked good so I popped five NYCD x SD ibl seeds. 4 of 5 grew, you can see them below.

These photos were taken at 4 weeks old.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The plan is to clone and keep the best for mothers for clone runs and crossing with future varieties. ...once they sex out the lights are going to 12on & 12off.

My flowering area is only 2ft by 2ft by 4ft and is lit by two 150 watt high pressure sodium lamps remotely installed in a custom reflector. This gives me about 75 watts of light per square foot. All air movement is handled by a 4" hydrofarm blower and a small 4" table fan. I like things simple and natural so my medium is all organic and I hand water with plain well water.

My soil is about 80% Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and 20% perlite with a little Happy Frog Fruit & Flower fertilizer mixed in. The FFOF has a lot of nitrogen in it, I believe this is the reason my plants are incredibly dark. I expect that to taper off as these go into and through their flowering cycle, if not then more perlite will be added on the next run.

Well that's the run down on what's happening here, I'll update as necessary with new photo's and info. :tiphat:

Chillb

Did some testing of my well water, not so good! Changed up my water source on xmas day and now am using clean lake water.

Well water - PH 8-8.5, alkalinity 200-300ppm, hardness near 300ppm(!), nitrates were ok
Lake water - PH 7.0, alkalinity 40-80ppm, hardness 75ppm, nitrates again ok

Hopefully everything is in check now and things can progress a lot better...

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good looking set up. Ladies look happy. Best of grows to ya bro...

Chillb

Damn, even in veg these are some stinky ladies! Guess it's time read up on making an inline carbon filter.

Chillb

Sexing these has finally been completed, have 2 females and 2 males. Clones of all have been taken. Mothers and fathers got trimmed up. Veg area almost completed. Rock n' Roll :headbange Will be flowering the old Sea Of Green style.

Here is the lone Bubblegum I had from seed, by Serious Seeds. Based on the immature preflowers it's looking like a male. This is ok as it can be used down the line.

Chillb

Carbon Filter constructed, will know in a day or so if it's doing it's job. Veg area finished... clones looking good thus far. Will be flowering a dozen clones in a Sea of Green. Updates will follow ...

Chillb

My soil mix seems to be lasting 5-6 weeks before it needs nutrients. A little extra organic fertilizer should suffice the budding clones through flowering. Clones are about a week from being ready.

Chillb

My veg area is below ...

This is sitting on top of my budding area. My entire growing area is 3ft x 2ft by 8ft tall. I believe I got all of the enviromental aspects dialed in for both sections... lights, temps, soils, water, and ventilation.

Chillb

Had 2 different males, ended up keeping the one that had much fatter leaves (NYCD leaning). My 2 NYCDxSD females look very similar in growth so far, smells are slightly different ... both girl's clones will be lightly pollinated.

Chillb

Clone Update

Clone Update

Took 20 total clones from 5 different plants. Had 100% success ... Used 1 1/2" rockwool cubes , plain lake water, scissors, and Schultz Rootone cloning powder. I only needed 12 female clones and 1 male, the others were culled and checked for rooting. All the clones had at least 1/2" roots in just under 2 weeks.

I transplanted the baker's dozen and moved them into the med box to get ready for flowering. The soil is same as above, but I added eggshells this time and a bit more happy frog fertilizer. Below is a shot of them soaking up the 300 watts of hps light. I may add in some 3 foot T8 flourescents after the strech is basically done...

Next update will be the start of flowering, this weekend ...

Chillb

Flowering Started

Flowering Started

The day has finally arrived, flowering was started last night with the flip to 12/12 lighting. Here's the babies, they are not perfect looking but I expect most of it to shake off within the week.

picture.php

Weekly updates until they come down ...

T

Tarus Bulbar

Great work Chillb!
Awesome handy work with the grow cab
Plants are lloking good too bro!!
Cheers man,along for the show

Chillb

Danke Greenadian. Next up is going to be Satori by Mandala Seeds. Was looking for a daytime smoke, I believe it'll fit the bill just fine...

Chillb

End of Week One

End of Week One

picture.php

As suspected the new clones shook off their funk and blew up a bit :laughing: Go NYCDxSD, get your grooooove on!

I have one male in here, front right corner, if you try hard enough you can see the male flowers already forming ... and a couple of those pods are ready to pop. I'll pull the male and collect pollen when there's enough to justify the collection ... don't want millions of seed, just enough to stash away, trade, or pass around ...

Have a G'day ya'll!

Chillb

Minor update. The plants were overlapping a bit much for my liking... so I culled the 2 smallest clones and spread the remaining 9 out ... much better! As I mentioned, it's been a long time since doing this so still figuring out what's going to work best.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts