What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

The original breeder is Team Death Star we are out west now,TDS has been promoting the strain for the last 5+ years with shirts, parties, contest, ect. We have been working with a select Breeder in Cali to bring out some true Death Star Genetics to everyone to enjoy! as for the Bubble star it is Indiana-Bubblegum crossed with the Sensi-Star no chemdog or diesel... rock hard nugs more so than the DS much more frosty than the DS! hope this helps
www.teamdeathstar.com
teamdeathstar@hotmail.com
TDS
R2

Well I'm glad to hear at least your work is not going un-noticed, and still being kept alive and well in SE Ohio at least. Not many hold it and I hopefully will one day. The Deathstar is a definite keeper and the Bubblestar is amazingly tasty. I would love to cross the two. I'll be doing alot of forced female crosses in the near future and breeding together some of the regions best and then amping it up a bit with my personals which will all be for specific medical purposes and recreational purposes as well. Would love to get together with some others here in OH and help each other with some joint-ventures and working with strengthin the genetics we do already know and love here. We are getting closer to becoming a medical states, and we need to bring out more potent strains like TDS's work. I've seen some amazing things all over the state and would just love to be able to really WORK with all these strains and bring out there full potential and then some.

Hope to make it out west one day as I am mainly a medical toker, and the Deathstar really does ease my pain. Hopefully when I make it out that way, some of my genetics will have improved and we can work together. Hopefully I can gain a cut of your lovely strain soon as well, if the holders feel I am deserving enough and if they do, trust me, I won't forget whose work is whose.

-LifeIsGrowing

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
hey team death star, why dont you guys contact gypsy and sell seeds through seedboutique/seedbay? that'd be great :joint:

ArcticBlast

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Yo, TDS I cant send you pm for some reason. Thx a bunch. I have your ECSD (which nobody will ever lay hands on i promise) and also the dstar which i must give you props for the potentcy and smell. :) I have some really good pics of it if you would like to bum any sometime for your own collection. Heres a sneek peek at something sour you may recognize lol.
:thank you:
I was also wondering something simple. You mention the sour diesel used as "chemdog" sour diesel, is that the exact same thing as ECSD? It can become a task for me sometimes trying to keep up with all the lineages and then remember all the little nicknames for each strain/phenotype lol, u know how it is. Thx again

Last edited:
I've grown the death star out several times now, unfortunately the origional death star mother I had the cuts didn't make it, so I crossed her with southern lights (nycd x sensi star) amd popped 9 seeds, 2 slightly different phenos (the buds look exactly like the death star buds in joe's post) and 1 male. Unfortunately the mother didn't show so much in this expression, so with all of the death stars hit with the male death star I'm looking for something closer to the original mother... I have 5 more death stars in the 9th week of floweirng doing nothing but making me f2 seeds.

But while my male death star was in flowering it dropped pollen all in my room and I accidnetly kinda on purpose did a massive cross breeding project with buddah's ssiter, ak-47, white rhino, strawberry cough and of course, death star.

TDS thx for a great strain.

D

danimarie193

i am not an expert, but why dont you post pictures and other people might be able to tell you if it is the real deal.

Death star bud pix

Death star bud pix

My death star looks just like joebuddy420's and here are picts because that seems to be very important to danimarie, and I know we are ALL picture whores, so I can't really blame her, or anyone else for that matter. Sorry for crappy pictures, it's a cheap camera, but it is better than NOTHING.

9-10 week flowering time. I run a perpetual multi strain organically in coco with drippers, fully automated and sealed 3000w in flowering. The death stars I put into flowering weren't that huge (about 30" tall) and stretched to about 4' total height and yielded about 3 oz per plant of dried trimmed dense buds.

I have about tons of f1 and f2 seeds now... looking for a keeper cloer to what the original mom was like, which was much better than these death stars, but these death stars are the death stars that everyone seems to be going so crazy about, and I have been growing these longer than the feb 2010 high times that was released in nov or dec that started all the attention. It is a GREAT strain, it is super potent. I like it a lot, which is why I used a death star male to pollinate some of the strains I carry in my garden. Now I am working on my breeding projects and finding the keeper in the f2 seeds.

Attachments

• death star.jpg
    death star.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 53
  • death star 3.jpg
    death star 3.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 57
  • death star buds1.jpg
    death star buds1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 57
  • deathstar buds pix2.jpg
    deathstar buds pix2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 54

Herbalremedy

^^^^ Double Kindness what you have is in fact the COLORADO Death Star which is absolutely nothing like the OHIO Death Star. I can tell by the pictures alone that it doesn't have the same texture, trich concentration, and basically over all high quality classification. The Ohio Death Star is incredibly potent and medicinal genetics... not some run-of-the-mill, standard genetics like the cannabis buds you attached look. Also, it would be nearly impossible for you to obtain a cut of this because you live in Colorado, unless you are very, very close to the crew in Ohio that is responsible for the strain. That means there is NO way that you can have f1 and f2 beans either of the Ohio Death Star. As TDS mentioned before, they haven't yet even released any beans or clones on a national basis!

I apologise if I come across as rude, but TDS has already made very clear that there are two distinctly different "Death Star" cannabis strains in the United States, Colorado and Ohio. I just don't appreciate people getting confused about what should be very easy to understand.. I'm also passionate about cannabis, it's my religion among other illicit substances. Confusing genetics is basically sacreligious, especially when they're two TOTALLY different strains with enormously varying medicinal qualities. I don't doubt that the Colorado Death Star is some heady nuggets, but from the pictures you provided alone I can tell that is doesn't come close to the quality of the Ohio Death Star's genetics. The Ohio Death Star is a genetic masterpiece for the future that will go on to replace fabled, but "ancient" genetic relics like DJ's Blueberry. This thread is for the Ohio Death Star.. so I suggest you should edit your post.

I've attached a few pics below of some organically grown OHIO Death Star below, you can also have a look at my albums since there's some in there as well.

Attachments

• DStar1.jpg
    DStar1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DStar2.jpg
    DStar2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DStar3.jpg
    DStar3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DStar4.jpg
    DStar4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 63
I have not always been on the Colorado medical scene, you don't know who I know. Every grower's conditions are different... growing buds in Colorado is very different from everywhere else. Dealing with almost zero humidity and high altitudes changes things a bit. Nice 7th post though.

D

danimarie193

i have seen a few people grow deathstar in about three states and i have never seen any like yours. what does it matter if that is only his 7th post. just because you have 251 post(which is nothing on this site) does not make you more knowledgeable than him.

i have seen a few people grow deathstar in about three states and i have never seen any like yours. what does it matter if that is only his 7th post. just because you have 251 post(which is nothing on this site) does not make you more knowledgeable than him.

Sadly, I hate to sound like any sort of ass, but I've seen various grow conditions, techniques, etc. on OHIO DS, and I'm sorry. Your Colorado Deathstar.. Is not, as Team Death Star (Which are the original breeders! This is a fact, I know alot of people who've had DS around since 2002-2003, and it's been pretty well kept a huge secret hidden among very few in OH and WV, both in which I've resided for a long time..) Unfortunately, you are wrong, and if in fact this is a "DS" strain, it in no way has the same lineage as the buds do not look annnnnything like what you've shown. Ohio DS has very prominent blue and purple hues, deep, deep red hairs, a more elongated bud structure (not what appears to basically look like M39 beasters (I'm really sorry if that's considered good in a MMJ state) and it also has a distinct greyish brown look on the cured flowers. The trichromes can be seen from a great distance, and sadly, if they're ever was a real DS around you... I think you got a different cutting than you were supposed to.

Although it is very clear... CO DS = Not the DS we've been tokin on that is insanely high quality and took years to engineer into the beauty it is, right here in good ol' Ohio (and WV border) for nearly 8-9 years. Smoked a good bit of it as well. Seen it growin, cured, and even smashed and beaten, not anything like the CO DS.. Look into M39 pics tho, you'll see a haunting similarity to your buds. We call em Beasters around these parts. Not Medical.

Sorry Double Kindness... I've seen this strain grown, cloned, and even special crosses.. None look like what you have. Also, why not try indoor gardening? Would be alot better with the humidity issues.

JTT..S (Just the truth.. Sorry)

-LIG

Duckmang

7 posts may not be any indicator but a know it all attitude coupled with "your buds are beasters" after posting pics of poorly manicured fluffy buds posing as elites usually is. Add in the fact that I'm looking at the High Times issue in which the plants shown in no way have "very prominent blue and purple hues, deep, deep red hairs, a more elongated bud structure", from the pics in High Times I'm not seeing that at all, not even the one plant shown close to finished. The close up bud pictures in High Times have no purple in them at all and there is no mention of purpling in the accompanying article. The hairs in the pictured buds are more brown than red and certainly not the defining feature. The bud structure pictured is tight, where yours appear to be quite loose and fluffy but it's hard to tell with such a poor trim job. Granted the pics DK posted aren't great but you don't have any idea how dense those buds are. The single bud posed with the quarter is 5.9 grams by itself, fully trimmed and dried. The trichomes you speculate are missing actually went into a 3 gram ball of finger hash after giving the buds (2 plants worth) a proper manicure. That happens when you actually trim your buds. Don't be mistaken, the buds DK posted are completely saturated in trichomes and look a lot more like the bud pics in High Times than the purple fluff you posted.

While I don't know the origin of DS in Colorado, I do think it is a bit arrogant to think that it couldn't be here given that the last two years has been a mass migration of out of state growers trying to take advantage of the booming MMJ scene in CO. I have grown enough generations of DS seed to know that it is expressing both sensi and deisel traits and bears no resemblance in any way to the Jedi strain. I don't know anyone in CO who is even growing jedi or any crosses there-of.

You may think you know enough to call another's buds beasters but I'll call you on that. I've packed a small / medium bowl with DK's permission and watched 3 grown men (2 patients and 1 grower) give up on trying to finish it. It's more than just medical, it will straight up wreck your plans for several hours. I'm not gonna trash your buds potency b/c I havn't smoked any and they do look to have decent trich coverage. Weight for weight I'd pick DK's buds due to the extreme density of sticky goodness inside.

Flying Goat

More like, how about that Alabama Pehkuruder? How about the White Pecker (White Widow x Pehkuruder)? Ice-Cold Mystical Blue Pecker? (Pehkuruder x Blue Mystic/Ice)...

All joking aside, we're all big fans of Mother Cannabis here. Let's spread unity, not disharmony.

From my personal experience with DK, I can tell you:

1) she knows her shit;
2) she makes candy lozenges so tiny you won't believe you're gonna be on your ass in 30 minutes;
3) she has a gift for growing, loves the plant, and loves PEOPLE; she has the biggest, kindest heart for her patients & has given away so much of her product AND her SELF in these projects;
4) she is doing a lot of research & making a name for herself as a breeder in her own right (I know, as I am growing some of her private crosses);
5) you will all hear about her in a positive way in the future, whether in Ohio, Colorado, East Coast, Cali, Canada, or Alabama, if I can just talk her into coming down here...

Btw, U4EA - yep. We do grow a mighty fine kush down this way...

Cheers, all.

Latest posts

Latest posts