What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

amnesia haze

belgowiet

..sure, but also these weed forums are filled with people who swallow most rumors with the hook and sinker without even bothering to double chsck the claim.
Treu but this discussion is going on from the moment soma got his amnesia haze seeds for sale .
And i think the amnesia hypro cut whas going around long before soma maked this "NEW strain". some older (dutch) members can confirm this.

The Amnesia Haze i smoked i Dam was very different to SSH or Mango Haze. Tasted nothing like them, effect was way lighter. Closer to NEvil's Haze, but alot fruitier..kinda like sweet pears.
I think Voyagers are selling the Cup Winning cut from Soma, but i'm not 100% sure.
how long is this ago? never buy amnesia because thats the most sold strain on the black market where i live
amnesia (haze) is nothing lightly in effect she's a killer not for the lightweight smoker :biggrin:

Last edited:

belgowiet

I don't think C5 and S5 cuttings are the same
s5 haze is a sister of amnesia the c5 (pioneer) haze is also a sister that came after s5 i think .. c5 pioneer is going around now in amsterdam.
ALL family of amnesia

the haze A5 is the one you are talking about i think , is a super spicy old school haze pheno . witch is rearly to be found these days in shops and is most similar to nev haze in taste but not in bud structure .

GoatCheese

Veteran
Nope first time i hear about them making amnesia haze seeds lol.
soma's beans are very expensive , maybe you should try amnesia from (hypro) superstrainz there fems but available in 3 packs.
should come very close to what you smoked in amsterdam .
dont believe everything they say on the menu , last years its very hard to find soma's version because of 2-3 weeks extra flowering imo
Yea, i just noticed also that BCBD is making AH seeds. Costs arround 70 euros i think.

I understand that Core/Amnesia is SSH, and i'm not that interested in more dutch haze hybrids. I have a pack of Mango Haze, G13 Haze and few other hybrids, and i'm growing a Apollo 11- Nevil's hybrid atm.

I have been looking at alot of SSH and Nevil's Haze pictures in recent months and i don't think Soma's Amnesia Haze is related to them, nor to Nevil's G13Haze. You can find alot of pictures of these Haze hybrids on MrNice forums.

Also, imo, some afghani phenos of Soma's NYCD and Amnesia Haze look similar and both have his Afghani-Hawaiian in it.
:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
s5 haze is a sister of amnesia the c5 (pioneer) haze is also a sister that came after s5 i think .. c5 pioneer is going around now in amsterdam.
ALL family of amnesia

the haze A5 is the one you are talking about i think , is a super spicy old school haze pheno . witch is rearly to be found these days in shops and is most similar to nev haze in taste but not in bud structure .

According to people at MrNice forums A5 and C5 are both NL5Hazes, made with different males By Nevil in 1980's. The cuts in Amstedam originate from these seeds.

Sure, "Core Amnesia" is related to these cuts cause it's apparently a cut of SSH, and SSH has NL5Haze in it.

I don't know what "c5 pioneer" is, but i have seen it on coffeeshop menus

belgowiet

Sure, "Core Amnesia" is related to these cuts cause it's apparently a cut of SSH, and SSH has NL5Haze in it.

its amnesia ( core cut ) a pheno who whas selected from amnesia witch whas found in ssh from green house...:biggrin:
as you said before you check pic of ssh and g13 and dont think its related.. well ive seen a ssh cut going around for years in amsterdam who had that typical ssh smell /taste but heavy indica dom grow pathern i think it whas ready in 9weeks?dampkring-amnesia coffeeshop 2006-2011
you can still find a pict of her on mr.nice.
its all about the pheno you hunt for we can both grow a pach of ssh and will come with a total def keeper

belgowiet

Goatcheese if you live where i'm at of my neighbour country :biggrin: you would know and agreed what whe are saying.
i guess youre from the us right?
well amnesia is really something from the dutch its one of the most grown commercial strains these days.

GoatCheese

Veteran
its amnesia ( core cut ) a pheno who whas selected from amnesia witch whas found in ssh from green house...:biggrin:
as you said before you check pic of ssh and g13 and dont think its related.. well ive seen a ssh cut going around for years in amsterdam who had that typical ssh smell /taste but heavy indica dom grow pathern i think it whas ready in 9weeks?dampkring-amnesia coffeeshop 2006-2011
you can still find a pict of her on mr.nice.
its all about the pheno you hunt for we can both grow a pach of ssh and will come with a total def keeper

I think that we are talking about two different things, mate heh-he

I have mostly talked about Soma's Amnesia Haze, and i happen to believe Soma when it comes to the genetics.
There is no SSH in Soma's Amnesia Haze, is all what i have said.

I just think you guys are abit confuced if you think Soma's AH has SSH in it. No worries.

Peace

belgowiet

I think that we are talking about two different things, mate heh-he
Nope we are not unless you live in the states and never got the real cut except that1 time you went to the Dam :biggrin: as i said before if you lived in netherlands/belgium you would know ...
you can always ask Soma ... if you do some research you will find enough info about this .its going on for more then 14 years already...
you said you believe soma no problem man i love his strains but i know amnesia didnt came from him..
and in the late 90's early 2000 its whas a very seedy business ..
look at white widow who created it first ingmar?green house?shanti?
back then it whas from mouth to mouth .. now these days seed company's start to adv. there strains when they are still on the plant untested

belgowiet

I have mostly talked about Soma's Amnesia Haze, and i happen to believe Soma when it comes to the genetics.
There is no SSH in Soma's Amnesia Haze, is all what i have said

as Dog Star said before he have all 3 cuttings (Sh,Ah,A core) and its hard to recognize who is who..
i can hold a nug of all 3 of them and you will probally not know wich one it is.
don't get me wrong , its a nice discussion :dance013:
keep on growing :tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Here's a DNA analysis for a strain called "Amnesia" uploaded on the Phylos:
https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/sample/genotype/eg5q65gk/
..this shows very, very little relation to SSH/Dutch Hazes, so this sample might have come from Soma's Amnesia Haze.
It shows little lineage to Lemon Skunk or Super Lemon Skunk, but not to any Jack Herer (same as SSH), so it could be that the genetic relation doesn't come from Dutch-genetics, but common ancestry (landrace genetics) Jamaican/Colombian/Mexican/Hawaiian/SE Asian

But if you click on a sample of Super Lemon Haze or Jack Herer or Super Silver Haze you see lots of common genetics in these families.

It's too bad that we won'yt get to know the origins of this "Amnesia" on Phylos Galaxy, but it's clear it isn't closely related to SSH

But if the "Amnesia" on Phylos is actually Soma's Amnesia Haze, it's quite clear it isn't related to SSH/Jack Herer, no matter what you "reliable internet sources" claim.

Peace

belgowiet

, so it could be that the genetic relation doesn't come from Dutch-genetics, but common ancestry (landrace genetics) Jamaican/Colombian/Mexican/Hawaiian/SE Asian

dont belive every thing whats on there site/seedpacks..you can even find soma family tree he used for all he's strain (think even its here on this forum)
if you check he's nyc diesel parents it says mexican sativa x afghani.
nope he got a diesel cut/seeds (mexican sativa?) and crossed it to something else .
made something my self nycd x orig. haze so that would be mexican/aghani x Mexican/Columbian/Thai/South Indians ..
:laughing:
know amnesia (hypro) whas first because that cutting whas going around '96 soma did around 03... and soma's amnesia is the same taste/smell but more hazy from the dad ...
funny thing is years later soma made x g13/haze crosses on all he's strains except amnesia haze ( because it whas already in it )
+ you think soma's beans are expensive well my man if you want 3 reg seeds from hypro it will cost you 650 € = 700$ for 3 seeds !! think about that

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
dont belive every thing whats on there site/seedpacks..you can even find soma family tree he used for all he's strain (think even its here on this forum)
if you check he's nyc diesel parents it says mexican sativa x afghani.
nope he got a diesel cut (mexican sativa?) and crossed it to something else .
made something my self nycd x orig. haze so that would be mexican/aghani x Mexican/Columbian/Thai/South Indians ..
know amnesia (hypro) whas first because that cutting whas going around before soma did... and soma's amnesia is the same taste/smell but more hazy from the dad ... i'm smoking this shit for +12 years ( every F... day )so i know what i'm talking about.

+ you think soma's beans are expensive well my man if you want 3 reg seeds from hypro it will cost you 650 € = 700$ for 3 seeds !! think about that

You claim that SSH and Soma's Amnesia Haze smoke the same, but as i wrote earlier my little experience suggested they are not related. Your word against mine ...we could do this for days and i doubt the end result would change. Imo, there is no SSH in Somas AH.

Yea, it in this video Soma tells NYCD is "some mexican seed a friend gave him" crossed with his Afghani-Hawaiian male

Spannabis 2013 Soma-seeds Interview. How was NEW YORK CITY DIESEL created!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbWN9ebdHA

..and like wrote earlier, i can see similar afghani-phenos in his NYCD and Amnezia Haze= Both have same Afgh-Hawaii male in it.

belgowiet

buds from amnesia cutting a got a year ago from north brabant

picture.php

picture.php

:joint:

M

maliali

Thanks B. I have been smoking this cut of yours Amnesia Haze from soma. 2011-12
It is the best cut of any cut that have Amnesia name in it. I had smoke it 4 one year every day and dont want to smoke anything other. And afther that only this core,dcut,s5cuts...they have Lemony sweet/waxy(silicone) to someone with strawberry/bubblegum flavours(similar to GHS SLH but its more lemony smell without this str/bubble smell) ant this cut of yours have that classic Amnesia Lemony/silicon,turpentine smell but insted of core cut switness it has spicy,lemonpeel,hazy,incens earthhyines. simply perfect. Best weed ever i had smoke. And that yellow/gollden trichomes. looks like algie or some alien tehnology haze :D. and core and that sweet cuts have little more trichomes which is caused by g13haze line. PEACE

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
know amnesia (hypro) whas first because that cutting whas going around '96 soma did around 03... and soma's amnesia is the same taste/smell but more hazy from the dad ...

funny thing is years later soma made x g13/haze crosses on all he's strains except amnesia haze ( because it whas already in it )

What came first, the egg or the chicken? :biggrin:

Recently, another dutch grower told me another different version... Zwiep from Hy-Pro found this bagseeds on SSH from Greenhouse shop.

But it seems that around 98, GHS no longer had the original Super Silver Haze clone that both Sensi Seeds and GHS presented to the Cannabis Cup. So GHS acquired most of the bud stock for their coffeshop from a commercial grower who was selling Amnesia at the time.

Then, the bagseeds from Hy-Pro weren't from SSH but from actually Amnesia buds lol. So their Amnesia version could be (Amnesia X G13/Haze) x G13/Haze. :biggrin:

Peace.

belgowiet

What came first, the egg or the chicken? :biggrin:
The Egg ! :muahaha:

Well we will never be sure who whas first and where and when it exactly came from.
most cuts that ive seen passing along here ssh, amnesia, ag13, amnesia H, g13 haze , c5 are all related to each other ...

I always found it strange that barneys,ghs and mr.nice never had amnesia (haze) in their seed catalog but only ssh ... especially GHS because they copy every big name.
And to be honest it whas easely recreated (if the lineage is correct ofcourse) , the amnesia cut is going around and soma's g13/haze male whas widely spread among breeders back then.

A winner of multiple awards including 97,98 and 99 HTCC as well as it being called by other names in various different countries such as Amnesia haze, the Bomb etc...
shanti about super silver haze

belgowiet

I found an articel from 2012 written by Dokkie van Regular Magazine

For years we read stories and hear about a super potent haze thats called Amnesia. Sweet and spicy taste with excellent growth and flowering characteristics, mega profits and unsurpassed psychedelic effects. These stories are actually about the Amnesia from Hy-Pro seeds. All those other Amnesia are fake, other types of cannabis that can not help it that they just have to pretend to be an original Amnesia.

It began 22 years ago when Hy-pro seeds selected a very special haze. With thick long colas and also a relative fast flowering. For years, ''Hy-Pro seeds'', aspecialy selected for taste and aroma. And there she was, with a sweet, spicy with a delicious Haze flavor. Everything went welland they named it, ''Amnesia''. She is one of the most talked about and popular types Regular Haze among the world's growers and stoners. In every town there is a coffeeshop with Amnesia on the menu. Unfortunately only a select group has real Amnesia.

Hy-Pro seeds only sold regular Amnesia. But lots of Internet-seed companies has some vague Amnesia fem in its assortment. You'll find plenty stores online that sell Amnesia which has nothing to do with the genes of the original Amnesia from Hy-Pro. Each grower desires to grow a real Amnesia. Its growth and flowering quality is known from Madrid to Texas.

Last month Zwiep from Hy-Pro dropped by, he is a Dutch breeder with extensive knowledge of plants and its always cool to meet him. We immediately started to talk about his new Amnesia fem.
Zwiep:''Access to genetic material is crucial. The female variety, also stems from the original gene pool. I work with this genepool only.. The genetics of the past are just more potent and stronger. 22 years ago Amnesia was born, out of Afghan and Nevil's Haze.'' While he passionately explained the selection process, I enjoy the Amnesia fem.
He continued that they slected for more than two years to find the Regular Amnesia strain .. We selected on characteristic aroma and taste qualities and mildew resistance and fast growth and flowering . That's why Amnesia is so popular among growers.

And an other story :chin:

Amnesia was originally bred by a chap called Zwiep from a company called Hy-Pro and has been working this strain since the 80's when he found some seeds from seeded bud from green house super silver haze. He then crossed this with some old seed stock of Neville's haze and alas amnesia was born.

The female that he found in those seeds has been doing the rounds in the underground scene in Holland and is known as the southern Holland cut and has won many awards in the cannabis scene over the past years.

Regular seeds from Hy-Pro are now almost impossible to get hold of and are available from Zwiep direct at 640 Euro's for 3 regular seeds

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts