What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucas from NORMAL dry nutes?

_Dude

Anyone here blend Lucas from dry nutes they can pick up at Wal-Mart or other normal stores?

I'd like to sever all ties to non-normal businesses.

D

dongle69

Gh Maxi Bloom is Lucas in dry form.
I have seen it in many "normal" stores.

a6grow

I've been searching and some have said GH dry Lucas Formula is 1-1 or 2-1 of Maxigrow/Maxibloom, and some have even mentioned the additional use of KoolBloom. Is Maxibloom all I really need? It can't hurt to get both Maxigrow+Maxibloom, comboing them would be better, yea? Planning on getting both, but not interested in getting a 3rd (KoolBloom). Full strength from seedling to harvest?? Any suggestions?

D

dongle69

MaxiBloom is Lucas formula all by itself without adding anything.

7 grams/gal:
N 92
P 121
K 215
Mg 65
S 74
Ca 92

a6grow

Yo dongle!
So I should be good with just MaxiBloom, 7 grams/gal from seedling to harvest? No other nutes/additives? Do you have experience with using just Maxibloom solely? I checked out your awesome grows and I believe you use BioBizz & FloraNova. I'm a newbie, planning on hempy buckets and just want to purchase the dry nutes by the pound cuz I figure that will be more lowkey instead of always having to buy more nutes.

D

dongle69

The gram amount is approximate.
Normally you would use what gets you 1.8-2.0 ec.
I'm not familiar with hempy buckets, though.
I have used MaxiBloom quite a bit, even before I knew it was Lucas in dry form.
Currently I am using MaxiBloom with Floralicius Plus, but you can use the Maxi all alone and have great results.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, dude!

hey, dude!

i haven't said that for awhile! if you are going to use dry nutes stick with proven hydro brands. the brands you see in wally's, home depot, lowes, etc. are not designed for hydro. the biggest difference is in the type of nitrogen contained. most contain nitrogen in the form of ammonium nitrite (nh4) and urea, which must be converted by biological action to nitrate (no3) form before the plants can use it. all the designated hydro ferts are nitrate to begin with. immediate and highly mobile uptake. read labels. also, even though companies like gh claim they are making general purpose nutes for any plant, they know full well that the largest market for their products are cannabis growers. good luck

_Dude

Thanks delta, I guess I'll stick with stuff designed for hydro.

A lot of people here say Maxi-bloom is Lucas, I disagree. I don't want to get into a pissing contest or anything, and I could be wrong, but I used a nute calculator and plugging in the numbers for Maxi-Bloom and Maxi-Grow I came up with 2 parts Grow and 1 part Bloom to make Lucas. All I know is my plants love it. For all I know they love your mix too, so party on I says.

Full strength from seedling to harvest??
I think a lot of folks worry too much about ramping up the dosage to full (I think a lot of folks worry too much about lots of shit, in my experience growing is EZ). I clone in plain water, and once they have roots they go right into full strength (1300 PPMs but my water's 250 PPMs right out of the tap). Sometimes I give em a week with half strength but I've never noticed a diff either way.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Clones are different than seeds, dont use full strength that fast with seedlings. Start low until the roots develope. Overfeeding seedlings is a common mistake.

bagada

i use only maxibloom in hempy...works great. only flaw is that you have to mix it in really good. It has a problem dissolving

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I've never had a problem with Maxigro or Bloom dissolving. It takes 5 minutes with an occasional stir, in tap or rain water. Maybe that's considered an issue by some but I couldn't see anything like "dissolves instantly" on the packs so...

And yeah, the numbers for GH Flora Lucas are different from Maxibloom. I think it's quite a stretch to say Maxibloom alone is Lucas formula. Look at the N for starters. 92 vs 130. That's what, a 30% difference in ppms?

Seedlin

Doing a Hempy grow with Maxigrow and Maxibloom, most are prelite/vermiculite but a few coco/perilite and the next 12 will be coco/ perelite..Still using the grow. Week 3 veg after a couple of bad fukups with over feeding at early stages in their life but they seem to be on track now. First indoor run, 4x8x7 grow room. Bag seed. Gotta learn somewhere. Those new ladies will be going inoor and outdoors...

Attachments

• Photo266.jpg
    Photo266.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo265.jpg
    Photo265.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 29

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I've never had a problem with Maxigro or Bloom dissolving. It takes 5 minutes with an occasional stir, in tap or rain water. Maybe that's considered an issue by some but I couldn't see anything like "dissolves instantly" on the packs so...

And yeah, the numbers for GH Flora Lucas are different from Maxibloom. I think it's quite a stretch to say Maxibloom alone is Lucas formula. Look at the N for starters. 92 vs 130. That's what, a 30% difference in ppms?

I found the lower N in Maxibloom to be an advantage most times. I do prefer the more compact plants and never noticed a diff in yield from the GH 3-part. :D

The point is that MB is close enough... you'll be able to run a res for 4-6 months without changing it out due to a build up of nutes that aren't being used. You still have to change out eventually due to toxicity from pH up/down. Most nute lines tell you to dump your res after a week... and for good reason, their mix is way out of balance for cannabis. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

p.s. If you're having trouble finding Maxibloom at any nursery... ask them to order it for you. Most shops won't put it on the shelf because they don't make much money from it. They'll be happy to order it for you though... :D

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
The point is that MB is close enough...

I can only agree bro :) There are too many people having great results with Bloom alone to get caught up on numbers. And I like the low N too since you can always add more but not take away. In that vein, I tend to think of the Maxi series as a multi part nute that can be mixed as required, just like the gh flora bottles.

Good work Seedlin.

Latest posts

Latest posts