Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Approximate Lucas w/GH Dry Nutes

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Approximate Lucas w/GH Dry Nutes Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2010, 08:05 AM #11
TheFallenLion

TheFallenLion is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know how to advise me how to calculate this for Supernatural Brand Bloom and Grow Aqua, and Bud Blaster?

I tried to do it my self but I think I'm doing it wrong.

I went to the Cannastats calc, I entered all the information I could from the guaranteed analysis. I measured the 1 1/2 teaspoons per 4 liters they recommend, this weighed out to 9 grams on my scale. I entered that information.

But as to building a profile from these numbers I'm a little lost.
TheFallenLion is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 AM #12
TheFallenLion

TheFallenLion is on a distinguished road
Just to update, I understand the calculator now, here's what Supernatural worked out to.

Supernatural Gro Aqua is 45N 8P 39K 5M per gram.
Supernatural Bloom Aqua is 37N 9P 42K 5M per gram.

Combined 82N 17P 81K 10M, so apparently if the ideal is 100 100 200 60 then... Supernatural is horrible for growing Cannabis, or at least for using the Lucas Formula with.

As you can see it's deficient in PK, but to get the proper amount you have to overdose on N.

I'm thinking either following a 6 or 7 gram per gallon MaxiBloom regimen as the numbers are far closer to the target, where FloraNova Bloom is over on some and under on some so is MaxiBloom, but not enough to really warrant a panic attack.

Unfortunately I've the much more dastardly issue of chloramine to deal with, as my pH swings wildly.
TheFallenLion is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2010, 04:08 AM #13
!!!
Now in technicolor

!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice
The ratio is N-P-K-Mg 100-200-200-60 and NOT 100-100-200-60. I don't see how 6-7g/gallon of Maxibloom alone hits that ratio..

400w Super Lemon Haze (done)
Cheap DIY Cooltube Pictorial
Lucas Formula
Excellent Seed Germination Tutorial (Mandala)
Zeus' Take on Harvesting
Best Stealth Lighting System? PL55W

You don't have to open the door for police. If they could get a warrant they won't knock! Wave at them from the window but don't open the door! Seriously.Download Never Get Raided
!!! is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2010, 10:02 AM #14
toohighmf

toohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighGuy View Post
MaxiBloom is Lucas formula all by itself without adding anything.

7 grams/gal:
N 92
P 121
K 215
Mg 65
S 74
Ca 92

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....axibloom+lucas
MileHighGuy FTW. maxibloom is the lucas formula. this thread needs to go to the fert/nutes subforum. A lot of people need to see this. next time I need ferts, it's either this w floralicious+, OR.. dynabloom 1 part liquid. I'm done w exotic 12 bottle formulas.

thanks for posting this!!
toohighmf is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2010, 05:37 PM #15
*mistress*

*mistress* has disabled reputation
*mistress* is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2010, 09:44 PM #16
_Dude

_Dude has disabled reputation
I was way off. I plugged the guaranteed analysis numbers into the Cannastats nute calculator ages ago but it looks like I screwed up somewhere, big time. MaxiBloom is a bit low on N to be Lucas, though, assuming I'm using the calculator right this time. Looks like 1:6 MaxiGro:MaxiBloom is a good approximation.

That's also assuming the PPM profile of Lucas (100-100-200-60) I read in the "ask Lucas" thread is correct.

Can check my work if you like (it would make me feel better about dumping 100 gallons of 1400ppm solution):

Nute Calculator from Cannastats (first link on the page):
https://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fou...s/download.htm

Guaranteed Analysis of MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom available here:
https://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fou...apremixppm.txt
_Dude is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2010, 10:18 PM #17
!!!
Now in technicolor

!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice
_Dude, fix your links!

400w Super Lemon Haze (done)
Cheap DIY Cooltube Pictorial
Lucas Formula
Excellent Seed Germination Tutorial (Mandala)
Zeus' Take on Harvesting
Best Stealth Lighting System? PL55W

You don't have to open the door for police. If they could get a warrant they won't knock! Wave at them from the window but don't open the door! Seriously.Download Never Get Raided
!!! is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2010, 11:17 PM #18
_Dude

Whoops, cut-paste-forget. Hopefully that fixed it.

Quote:
The ratio is N-P-K-Mg 100-200-200-60 and NOT 100-100-200-60. I don't see how 6-7g/gallon of Maxibloom alone hits that ratio..
So who's right? Do we have word from the Luc-man on what the PPMs are? Anyone got a link?

The nute calculator comes with GH Flora series already plugged in. If I'm using this thing right, 1 part Micro and 2 parts Bloom (8ml/16ml per gallon) gives me PPMs 106-92-158-63.

Bloom is close, but too low in N and too high in K to get very close to Lucas, no matter what ratio you mix it with Gro. Looks like Octavian is the man.
_Dude is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2010, 11:59 PM #19
_Dude

Funny, if you mix 2 parts MaxiGro and 1 part KaBloom (dry nutes I've had laying around for years but never used) you get way closer to Lucas than what I've been using. I wonder if that's what I did. Damn I must've been high if I did.
_Dude is offline Quote

Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 AM #20
TonyHurt31

TonyHurt31 is on a distinguished road
so if i had say a 50 gallon res would i use 7 grams X 50 ga = 350 g of maxi bloom ? does this look right?
TonyHurt31 is offline Quote