Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > lucas in a nutshell?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
lucas in a nutshell? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2007, 02:30 AM #11
Japanfreakier
Banned

Japanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the rough
PH's site has the best info......go figure?
Japanfreakier is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2008, 05:48 PM #12
gride

gride is on a distinguished road
PH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfreakier
PH's site has the best info......go figure?
what is PH's site????

Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 PM #13
JohnnyToke
fourtwentytwentyfourseven

JohnnyToke will become famous soon enoughJohnnyToke will become famous soon enough
i used the 2 part micro bloom on my 1st grow with good results. I switched to 1 part novabloom for my now completed 2nd grow with good results as well.

the big difference was I had to ph 'up' alot with the 1 part novabloom vs the 2 part micro/grow nutes.

both will get you good results.

I had some mag deficiencies with both grows and thought I needed to add cal-mag and/or epsom. turns out I just needed to keep my ph @ 5.8 - 6.0 to solve that problem. mag was being locked out due to my ph levels of 5.4-5.6.

regards,
JT
JohnnyToke is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:02 PM #14
Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin has a spectacular aura aboutRumpleforeskin has a spectacular aura aboutRumpleforeskin has a spectacular aura about
Nothing but great results with the basic Lucas formula (water add-back)

General Hydroponics Flora Series Feeding Strategy - Lucas Formula

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (24/0)
0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

The numbers above indicate the number of milliliters (ml/cc) of Flora Grow, Flora Micro or Flora Bloom formulas that I use in one gallon (US Liquid) of nutrients.

You will notice I dont use any of the "Flora Grow” formula, do not need to, the "Flora Micro" provides plenty of Nitrogen.

1. Top off the reservoir daily using a pH corrected water solution as required to maintain full reservoir level. After adding back an amount of water equal to the amount of your reservoir capacity you should change the reservoir and put in fresh solution.

This is not the whole formula. He gives you a few other ways to execute his formula. Like adding nutrients back insted of draining and making a fresh batch. I like it simple, so I do it the way I put it here in this message.

You can read the whole thing if you want here.

"Grams per watt or Grams per total watts used
One is for retards, what one do you use?" ~Abraham Lincoln
Rumpleforeskin is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2008, 02:06 PM #15
FreezerBoy
Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training

FreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud of
I "discovered" the Lucas formula on my own 10-12 years ago. I like the GH stuff but, MicroGrow is a money pit that sucks your wallet dry to no benefit to your plants.
FreezerBoy is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2008, 09:06 PM #16
JohnnyToke

JohnnyToke will become famous soon enoughJohnnyToke will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezerBoy
I "discovered" the Lucas formula on my own 10-12 years ago. I like the GH stuff but, MicroGrow is a money pit that sucks your wallet dry to no benefit to your plants.
My 1st grow, I grew 4 plants in 5 gal dwc buckets with a 5 gal controller/reservoir. I used about 8oz of micro and 16oz of bloom total for the entire grow by using the addback formula instead of dumping the entire system every 10 days or so. That adds up to about $10 worth of nutes over a 75 day grow from rooted clones (12 days veg / 63 days bloom).

those 4 plants yielded 14.35oz of dried bud.

I guess if you have a much larger grow, it could add up to more nute cost.

I find the lucas 2 part very cost efficient.

regards,
JT

Old 01-17-2008, 09:17 PM #17
JohnnyToke

Hey Rump.

i'm glad to see you posting over here now. I have enjoyed your tutorials and bud shows over @ GC. I built my dwc's & reservoir using your tutorials.

there is no arguing with your system or results as they are proven over and over by your huge widow buds....

regards,
JT

Old 01-17-2008, 11:32 PM #18
FreezerBoy

FreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyToke
I find the lucas 2 part very cost efficient.
Me too. It's the third part (the missing part, the "0", MicroGrow) thats worthless. That's why we leave it out. In the words of Dire Straits, its, "Money for nuthin'." To make matters worse, NO CHICKS free or otherwise.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:48 AM #19
tenfeetofganja
Banned

tenfeetofganja will become famous soon enoughtenfeetofganja will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpleforeskin
Nothing but great results with the basic Lucas formula (water add-back)

General Hydroponics Flora Series Feeding Strategy - Lucas Formula

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (24/0)
0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

The numbers above indicate the number of milliliters (ml/cc) of Flora Grow, Flora Micro or Flora Bloom formulas that I use in one gallon (US Liquid) of nutrients.

You will notice I dont use any of the "Flora Grow” formula, do not need to, the "Flora Micro" provides plenty of Nitrogen.

1. Top off the reservoir daily using a pH corrected water solution as required to maintain full reservoir level. After adding back an amount of water equal to the amount of your reservoir capacity you should change the reservoir and put in fresh solution.

This is not the whole formula. He gives you a few other ways to execute his formula. Like adding nutrients back insted of draining and making a fresh batch. I like it simple, so I do it the way I put it here in this message.

You can read the whole thing if you want here.

Am I to understand your using 80tsp per gallon of Flora Bloom in flowering?

5tsp = 1 millileter
tenfeetofganja is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2008, 07:11 AM #20
FreezerBoy

1 tsp = 5 ml
5 tsp = 25 ml

https://foodgeeks.com/resources/conversioncharts.phtml