What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi seeds Haze and NL strains and parents

Spaventa

Veteran
Does anyone know the exact lineage of Sensi seeds Silver Haze?

I can only only find the generic "NL x Haze" jive from googling.

If its not NL#5 x Haze C, why is it so floral and fast? what else could it be?

Also,what Haze/s is/are in Sensi seeds NL#5 x Haze? No floral notes I've ever noticed so Haze A?

Are these strains the same exact seed A5 and C5 were found among in those 1000 plant selection grows Neville did?

Cannavore

Veteran
The Silver Haze I remember was better than SSH and almost like a commercial version of Piff. It smelled like strong incense and metal, like dirty coins and some cat piss.

Such fire! I've always wanted to know more about this one myself.

Canna-bill

There's a big difference in the fem version and the regs. The fems are more indica. Someone said recently on another forum that it was silver pearl x haze, i dont know how true that is.

Spaventa

Veteran
bump cos i wanna know NOW dammit :)

WHAT haze or hazes is in Silver Haze? Which NL is in Silver Haze?

Is NL#5 x Haze NL#5 x Haze A?

If Sensi won't tell then I doubt anyone else will know. This is straight from the horses mouth via s**dfinder..

"The first Haze is vintage masterpiece of cannabis breeding - a harmonious blend of complementary equatorial genotypes that’s widely regarded as the purest and most powerful Sativa ever created. Sensi’s award-winning Silver Haze distils the sunny cerebral magic of her towering parent into a manageable strain with great indoor potential

Haze started out as a multiple-Sativa hybrid with roots in Central America, South India and Thailand. Developed in the days before indoor growing and cultivated below 30°N, her breeders were not restricted by factors like height, yield or short summers. As indoor growing gained popularity in the Eighties, true Haze began to disappear. Though smokers still adored the soaring high, growers found her slow flowering, low yields and unstoppable height-gain impractical for indoor production.

Silver Haze was the first seed strain to offer a solution by delivering the full-strength Haze experience in a fatter, faster, more compact form. Together with NL#5xHaze (her taller sister), Silver Haze helped reverse the decline of the psychedelic Sativa. As soon as such frosted, pleasingly dense tropical crops could be produced efficiently with lights, ganja lovers all across the globe were able to sample that supreme high and the Haze cult rapidly spread far beyond its original circle of devotees.

The original Haze has had both its outrageous height gain and interminable flowering period brought under control by breeding with an extra-potent, non-dominant individual from the Northern Lights line. The dark Afghanica also throws its weight behind the feathery Sativa budding pattern, adding bulk without affecting flower formation.Silver Haze should still be expected to triple her vegetated height in flowering, so seedlings and clones may be flowered almost immediately in close-cultivation methods like SOG.

Silver Haze buds are composed of long, silky pistils sprouting from oval calyxes which surge along the stem and branches to fill the gaps between internodes. Afghani influence is seen in the strain’s thick layers of silver resin glands and the way her calyxes swell, adding density in the final weeks of flowering."

Betterhaff

Veteran
"Haze started out as a multiple-Sativa hybrid with roots in Central America, South India and Thailand. Developed in the days before indoor growing and cultivated below 30°N, her breeders were not restricted by factors like height, yield or short summers."
Wasn’t haze originally bred in California? That description said it was developed or cultivated below 30*N which would be south of the state.

Spaventa

Veteran
Sensi originally said in 1989 that Silver Pearl was the the mother of Silver Haze. They brought out SP and said it was the the mother of Silver Haze. SO, not NL#5 x Haze, its Silver Pearl x Haze apparently. Maybe the new description is true of the seeds now I guess.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
After reading that it makes sense i smoked a ton of piff but my first time having silver haze it was a diff animal .. silver haze is more frosty with a sweeter almost sugar like taste .. mixed with the floral taste .. piff has just the floral taste with some pine

Average joe might not really see the diff in the hazes but its for sure diff animals ..

Sensi originally said in 1989 that Silver Pearl was the the mother of Silver Haze. They brought out SP and said it was the the mother of Silver Haze. SO, not NL#5 x Haze, its Silver Pearl x Haze apparently. Maybe the new description is true of the seeds now I guess.
Yeah from reading the description of Silver pearl I doubt it is closely related to Silver haze. Similar name but very different animal..

"Silver Pearl is a 3-way cannabis hybrid containing Early Pearl, Skunk #1, and Northern Lights. First the Northern Lights was backcrossed over time with Skunk #1, then this was crossed with our best Silver Pearl to produce an ideal cannabis strain for indoors or in the greenhouse that is easy to grow and handles stress well. It stays short and compact with wide fingered leaves and a tight knit; its low leaf structure makes for easy clipping as well as adding a bit of mold resistance. Fast finishing Silver Pearl is deep green in color with a frosted glazed look due to an over abundance of sweet, sticky pearl drops of resin on dense buds that have a sweet flavor and a strong euphoric body centered effects."

Spaventa

Veteran
Yeah from reading the description of Silver pearl I doubt it is closely related to Silver haze. Similar name but very different animal..

"Silver Pearl is a 3-way cannabis hybrid containing Early Pearl, Skunk #1, and Northern Lights. First the Northern Lights was backcrossed over time with Skunk #1, then this was crossed with our best Silver Pearl to produce an ideal cannabis strain for indoors or in the greenhouse that is easy to grow and handles stress well. It stays short and compact with wide fingered leaves and a tight knit; its low leaf structure makes for easy clipping as well as adding a bit of mold resistance. Fast finishing Silver Pearl is deep green in color with a frosted glazed look due to an over abundance of sweet, sticky pearl drops of resin on dense buds that have a sweet flavor and a strong euphoric body centered effects."

thats the newer description

heres the original

Silver Pearl

(Indoor/Greenhouse)
(Cup Winner Indica/Sativa mix 94)
The mother of our famous Silver Haze now for sale as a separate strain! This 3 way hybrid contains Early Pearl, Skunk #1 and Northern Lights. This hybrid is quicker and sweeter than the Shiva Skunk. Excellent indoor and greenhouse results. Plants exhibit frosted resinous characteristics of the Northern Lights #5 and the sweetness and calyx-to-leaf ratio of Early Pearl/Skunk. One of our favourites and in 1994 the winner of the mixed Indica/Sativa category.

Flowering: 45-50 days
Height: 100-125 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Finishing date in greenhouse: end of Sept.
Yield in greenhouse: up to 500 gr.
Art.nr.2303 - fl.125.00

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=345491

I suppose "Silver" was the giveaway we missed lol

troutman

Seed Whore
The original Silver Haze might be Silver Pearl X (Northern Lights 5 X Haze).

Don't quote me on this.

Ganja 13

Silver Haze(sk#1 x Early Pearl)male x (NL#5 X Haze)female.

Same father that produced Silver Pearl. Sensi has stated they lost tthis father. So no more reg Silver Pearl or Silver Haze

Cloneman

Veteran
Here's a couple of posts I made last June about Silver haze

I dug out my old sensi catalogs, the one from '95 says

"By crossing the haze the most powerful sativa in the world to a non dominant indica we managed to get the height and flowering times down to an acceptable level and still retain the unique sativa qualities of the high. The result the winner of the '89 high times harvest festival."

The 20 seed special deal pack i got about 20 years ago were nothing like that.

The NL/Haze was brilliant, great yielder as well.

The Silver pearl was tasty shit, lovely, the cut i kept I called it bubblegum before i'd heard of it. I even herbalised a band called "The Herbaliser" at The Blue Note (Hoxton) with it..

I've just turned to the page with silver pearl and it says that SP was the mother of Silver Haze ???

Then i checked the 5 newer catalogs and it doesn't state that, just SP is a 3 way hybrid of Early pearl, Skunk and Northern Lights

mmmmmmm

Ganja 13

1989 CANNABIS CUP

POSTED IN*CANNABIS CUP

User Rating:**/*0*

PoorBest*

Cannabis Cup*1989 - The 2nd Awards.*November*1989 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands

1989 - 'The 2nd Cannabis Cup'.*The 2nd High Times Cannabis Cup featured the same four seed companies that had participated in the very first edition of the Cup; Super Sativa Seed Club, Sensi Seed Club, the Seed Bank and 'Cultivators Choice'. This time, though, there were more entries and the number of judges rose from three to six, including Ed Rosenthal and Patty Collins. The Awards Dinner was held at the Yum-Yum restaurant, and the Seed Bank swept all awards.

These are the results of the 2009 High Times Cannabis CupCategory*1st Prize2nd Place3rd Place*****Mostly Indica*Cup*'Big Bud x*Skunk No.1'*******Mostly Sativa*Cup*(Early Pearl x*Skunk #1) x (Northern Lights 5 x Haze)*******Pure Indica Cup*'Northern Lights No.1'*******Pure Sativa Cup*'Haze x South African Sativa'