What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

owl video

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I love owls. I've never had a chance to see a barn owl in wild but have seen many great horned, barred and screech owls.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Owls are pretty cool. There was a great horned that had a nest in the area, I’d see him perched on certain trees on clear nights. I was out for a walk one night and as I was walking thru a wooded grove this thing flew by me about 5-10 feet above. Didn’t hear a thing…it was kind of spooky.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Owls are pretty cool. There was a great horned that had a nest in the area, I’d see him perched on certain trees on clear nights. I was out for a walk one night and as I was walking thru a wooded grove this thing flew by me about 5-10 feet above. Didn’t hear a thing…it was kind of spooky.

There were 2 great horns in my neighborhood for awhile. They would each perch upon the highest objects in the area, usually a pine tree or tv antenna, and call back and forth. Owls have ridges along their feathers that make their flying silent. Very cool birds.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
owls are so neat. have had them nearly take ny hat off of my head while deer hunting before. they see a slight movement, think "food!" and swoop in on me. slightly terrifying but oh so cool...:biggrin:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it's nesting season up here, I've spotted several great horned owl lately. Closest I've been was when grouse hunting, one swooped in low from behind my back, I saw its shadow (wings spread) before I heard, then actually saw it overhead. It landed on a branch of a tree along the path I was walking, it remained still while watching me & my dog approach, I stopped Trixie and was probably 30-35 feet away for close to a minute.

Another time it was Thanksgiving, we're @ my friends home watching through a huge wall of windows (spendy lake joint) at a great horned chasing a squirrel through the trees, mostly empty branches, back n' forth & up n' down, that little tree rat was scrambling, but the squirrel prevailed, the owl suddenly gave up. Lasted about 2 minutes or so, a very cool scene.......