What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Long time no see guys! Man has this season held its excitement and close calls! I am still alive and kicking for those of you wondering, although I surely assume a dash and grain of yall were wishing something had happened to me or that my grow had gone down hill. Not the case at all, just been extremely busy and cannot stress it enough but holy SHIT have my gals exploded in the last 2 weeks!!! :biggrin:

Have had some issues with worms/caterpillars and a couple plants completely wiped out due to them, worse season ever for those bastards and of course, botrytis comes along with them. However what little bud rot I have had this year has been localized and not spreading thanks to Bayer Flint ladies and gents, I'm telling yall that stuff is a God send!

I will update soon in a few days as I have some plants ready for the chop already... Have one plot of three that has to come down a hair but early (due to thieves) but that's okay because they are booby trapped in so many ways, them worthless pos's will think they have stepped into the latest SAW movie lol... One thing that does not deserve to walk this earth is a thief and I have ZERO remorse or mercy for a one of them. Already have them in camera and know who it is too which is a plus, karma is dandy now I tell ya!

Hope you guys are doing well, can't wait to start throwing up some harvest pics...

In the mean time and on the side line, I finally have enriched my indoor op with co2 and anxious to see if I can increase my runs and yields a bit. Old man winter is right around the corner and I'm very excited to run my indoor op and get this year's OD over with... It has worked me to death dealing with more trees than I can count, alone in a one man team.

Glad to see yall have kept the thread alive! Take care and will update in a few days!

:tiphat:

iTarzan

Why would anybody in this thread wish that something happened to you or your grow? Posters here have been worried about you including myself. WTF??? So everybody rides along with you, you disappear, people worry and you come back at fellow posters with accusations of people wishing for your demise. This thread ends at post 1456 for me. Nevermore Mr. Superstar. Nevermore!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Naw. Anyone growing a few or more plots outdoor know what the gig is at this time of year. Funny thing is, it's only going to get worse come harvest. lol
picture.php

MountainBudz

Why would anybody in this thread wish that something happened to you or your grow? Posters here have been worried about you including myself. WTF??? So everybody rides along with you, you disappear, people worry and you come back at fellow posters with accusations of people wishing for your demise. This thread ends at post 1456 for me. Nevermore Mr. Superstar. Nevermore!

iTarzan sorry for the confusion bubba... Didn't mean it towards any of yall, you guys are like my family on here even though we are residing in the cyber world here. I have not read back through the posts yet (haven't had time), so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Anyway, to clear up my last post, I had some issues with a couple members here on IC, back some time ago that continually try to taunt me and gossip about me to people in PM. Some clowning troll that tried to ruin my name on here over something made up completely. That is what I meant, those two WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see me lose my crop, trust me.... They have wished me worse.

iTarzan, I will read the previous few pages of the thread here within the next day or so and I will do what I can to get it cleared up and removed of its obscene or troublesome... I know their are always people that will jump and hop into the best threads and tear them down, not sure what happened but maybe you can PM me? And what's this about Mr. Superstar???

I didn't know people were concerned or worried about me and if so, my deepest apologies to you guys... I love you all and think about you on the daily while out working the land. You guys are like my second family.

Again, not sure what all happened but that doesn't mean we can't all accept each other again and fire the thread back up and spread n drop knowledge and experience. Like I said, sometimes people wanna screw up a good thing but that doesn't mean we can't be strong and continue the good talk and sharing.

Wish you the best of year iTarzan and everyone else!!

MountainBudz

And iTarzan, I never pointed a finger at a specific person at all... The ones that I am referring to know exactly who they are, and what the deal is. I haven't even seen them post on this thread I don't belive at least in a long long time, however I do know that they read the thread..

And yes, I have been very inactive the last couple months but I have also dropped word around on IC as well as RIU that I would go through this phase of abandonment that has currently been taking place. Have to understand I am a one man team, I am cultivating hundreds of plants, on my own and I am dealing with theives at the same time. I am lucky to even get a shower once a week or even a couple hours of sleep at night. It isn't intentional bro, nothing in my welcoming back post had any intention at all of being negative, sarcasm, yes.

I still love ya tho man. Same as Tycho, same as I do everyone else on here.

MountainBudz

Nothing happened. Tending many plants in multiple spots takes a *huge amount of time if you want to max out. And as you know, harvest time can be crazy busy.

Isn't that the truth man... I have a couple extra hands to help me at harvest and ordered a trimming machine as well. I have used them before and in my experience they do an amazing job, very close to a good close hand trim.

How is the season going for you so far?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Pretty good. I never got a pound (dry) out of an auto before. I was surprised I only had a couple buds with mold. They were packed pretty tight. Only have another 6 autos to do but I'll let them go another couple weeks because they were in late.

Photos are doing fine and stretching like gangbusters. Had to wrap them in nets because I had a one split on me, but I think that one was topped. I'll have to keep an eye out for bananas on that one.
picture.php

militia420

Have to understand I am a one man team, I am cultivating hundreds of plants, on my own and I am dealing with theives at the same time.

How do you and others deal with processing large quantities of plants? This is my first over sized harvest in my life time. I feel like all other grows before this were nothing, and I've done 1600W grows and other out door grows, but only one other was in Hawaii, and it was in a region that rained a lot so there was less sun. I have already processed 3 plants entirely but I have 7 more to go and these things are freaking huge so far as my grows go. I've started doing the hang dry and dry trimming method to help rest my hands some.

What trimmers do the rest of you use? I have a pair of fiskars but my arthritis is kicking my ass and I'm not getting anywhere near enough trimmed.

militia420

Isn't that the truth man... I have a couple extra hands to help me at harvest and ordered a trimming machine as well. I have used them before and in my experience they do an amazing job, very close to a good close hand trim.

How is the season going for you so far?

I'm interested in trimming machines. I think I could do more grows like this one in the future, but the trimming is a problem due to my arthritis. I prefer my own grows over buying and I know I'm going completely pesticide and other stuff free because of my crappy liver.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
my Guerrilla just had it's 3rd flood this season and I'm not even worring about trimming yet...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

buds are looking good if they can finish...
Headband.
picture.php

Sunset Sherbet.
picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm interested in trimming machines. I think I could do more grows like this one in the future, but the trimming is a problem due to my arthritis. I prefer my own grows over buying and I know I'm going completely pesticide and other stuff free because of my crappy liver.

I'm in the same situation as you. I trim dry and refuse to pay 5k+ for a small trimming machine. I like Tom's Tumbler, so I made my own a month ago because I knew harvest would be *way more than I've done in the past. It looks hobo as shit, but it works and I can trim 2 lbs in 15 minutes. All I have to do is spend another 5 minutes touching up.

If I were to trim wet, I'd get this bowl trimmer and a bunch of extra blades.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/VR-GROW-the...743394?hash=item2136965822:g:k1sAAOSw8RZaU7ZW

This is it ($130?)
[iframeb]ZD1mFoEFOSQ[/iframeb]

It's a little late to start building stuff, so you're better off buying the bowl trimmer. Pay the extra for fast shipping and get to work.

Rodehazrd

Pretty good. I never got a pound (dry) out of an auto before. I was surprised I only had a couple buds with mold. They were packed pretty tight. Only have another 6 autos to do but I'll let them go another couple weeks because they were in late.

Photos are doing fine and stretching like gangbusters. Had to wrap them in nets because I had a one split on me, but I think that one was topped. I'll have to keep an eye out for bananas on that one.
View Image
Hey Tyco
Your comment about nanners on the one that broke peaked my interest. Have you had hermies caused by breaking. I ask because I routinely break stems to keep them low inside. Never noticed any issue but I don't have your experience.

Congrats on a pound size auto.

I hope the big wind and rain don't hit you this round. I've had 4 dry days so far and the sun should shine today. I'm on the west side of the mtns. so it may not get out here. I am mostly growing Bangi Haze outside, 5 plants and havent seen any sign of mushroom on them yet. I chose that line because Dubi claimed high resistance to mold and tolerance of cold wet weather. Where I had males I put in ak47f2 i made and a Longbottom leaf cross, clones I had indoor. They have both shown no mold yet but there's still time. PM ran me indoors years ago and this is my first OD try since that failure. Stay safe out there Bro.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks.

Nope. No hermies in this lot. I trim all the time close to harvest. But I'm worried about something as extreme as splitting could be too much stress. I read somewhere about stem splitting on purpose to force a plant to finish early. If that's true, then it might bring on rodelization before the crop is ready.

Rodehazrd

How do you and others deal with processing large quantities of plants? This is my first over sized harvest in my life time. I feel like all other grows before this were nothing, and I've done 1600W grows and other out door grows, but only one other was in Hawaii, and it was in a region that rained a lot so there was less sun. I have already processed 3 plants entirely but I have 7 more to go and these things are freaking huge so far as my grows go. I've started doing the hang dry and dry trimming method to help rest my hands some.

What trimmers do the rest of you use? I have a pair of fiskars but my arthritis is kicking my ass and I'm not getting anywhere near enough trimmed.

Try Chickamasa I love mine. No spring for return but dosen't seem to need it, I think one of the kids got it online. Has some coating that keeps the blades clean for much longer.:tiphat:

militia420

I'm in the same situation as you. I trim dry and refuse to pay 5k+ for a small trimming machine. I like Tom's Tumbler, so I made my own a month ago because I knew harvest would be *way more than I've done in the past. It looks hobo as shit, but it works and I can trim 2 lbs in 15 minutes. All I have to do is spend another 5 minutes touching up.

If I were to trim wet, I'd get this bowl trimmer and a bunch of extra blades.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/VR-GROW-the...743394?hash=item2136965822:g:k1sAAOSw8RZaU7ZW

This is it ($130?)
[iframeb]ZD1mFoEFOSQ[/iframeb]

It's a little late to start building stuff, so you're better off buying the bowl trimmer. Pay the extra for fast shipping and get to work.

I'm really big on DIY and to be honest out here in Hawaii I could probably put it together from lowe's or Home Depot parts faster than ordering a kit. Thanks a ton for the idea! Reading what others say I could easily grow the same amount or more and use one of these gadgets to get the leaf trimming done.

F2F

Moving small starts to OD location

Hello all,

So Ive done this various ways, but none what I think are the best ways. how do you transport smaller seed starts or clones to your OD location? I'm moving 6"-12" plants In a backpack. Thinking about a tube of some sort I can drop each plant into, which means starting in a more narrow and deep Tube as a starter pot ? Then allow it to slide out the bottom of the tube at site for planting? Curious what all of you do.

Thanks,
F2F

F2F

Hello all,

Ive just a few successful guerilla grows under my belt over the years. Have started from seed on site, started indoors and moved out, and started OD then transplant to final destination.

So Ive done this various ways, but none what I think are the best ways. how do you transport smaller seed starts or clones to your OD location? I'd like to move 6"-12" plants In a backpack. Thinking about starting them in a smaller and deeper round tube so I can slip them into a slightly larger tube for the move. Curious what all of you do for packing into the bush.

Thanks,
F2F

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You can start in 2.5 inch peat pots and use cardboard shipping tubes to transport. If you do use peat pots, make sure you soak them well before you use them because they tend to be acidic.

Another good way is to roll your plants in craft paper. If you have lots, use news paper. The more you have in your bag, the less damage you'll have. Let your plants go dry a few days before you pack them. If you water them before you leave they'll be too firm and be prone to damage. Give them a good drink onsite. Hopefully, you'll have a water source onsite.

I pack bins and carry them out.

Latest posts

Latest posts