What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People owing you money

Just wondering how some people here handle people owing them money. Friends or whatever. Money does funny things to people and its strange how some people don't realize how hard we work for this and how long we go without income sometimes..

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
crack some skulls... I'm not a credit company, so I do not offer credit. COD, Cash on Delivery. Some dickbag asked if I would accept a check, when i said no, he laughed, and asked if I would do a bank transfer. some people don't get it?!

Yeah it's pretty crazy, although it's kinda always been this way really. I was just wondering if there is some sort of reading material (book,thread) or great personal experience that could be shared on how to deal with it. It's nice to have cod but not everything is so cut n dry at times. People can be good at business and see opportunity for themselves not realizing how much it effects the other person

brown_thumb

Up until not long ago I would loan people money. Over many years I came to accept that I may never get it back. Then, when I could no longer work and asked to borrow a little money to survive until I could sell something... the people I loaned money to several times refused. I only asked a couple of times before I stopped. I told those guys to never again ask me for a loan because the answer, in advance, is "no".

aside from physical harm and threatening what do you guys feel gives people the incentive to repay and make good on that? What could be going through the persons mind to not pay someone back that has helped them out now and in the past and they know isn't really financially stable

Reactions: X15

EastCoast710

wait until you move.. and crack some fucking skulls.. that's always been my plan.. I make a note of who owes what.. for what.. hidden in a secret spot.. once I move and no1 knows where I live at all.. I go fuck dudes up. or have a friend do it for payment.. and they don't even know why they got there asses beat.. and robbed. lol. and its a year sometimes 2 later. so they don't think it would ever be ME. so they take it on the chin.. and I sit back and laugh while they are bitching on the internet about how they randomly were attacked and robbed.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aside from physical harm and threatening what do you guys feel gives people the incentive to repay and make good on that? What could be going through the persons mind to not pay someone back that has helped them out now and in the past and they know isn't really financially stable

They don't have a conscience.

Green Squall

Be annoying as hell until he pays you and next time he asks for weed say no money to smoky.

I used to have a friend like that. Dude had no shame. Constantly asking people for loans and to front him weed. He finally crossed the line stealing from a friend and I at a music festival. We were at a show and he was off scoring drugs the whole time. I don't think he even saw any music that weekend.

WelderDan

Veteran
I figured it out, but not before getting burned. Always demand collateral. No matter if you loan money, or front product. They get their shit back when you get your money. It works pretty good

Cheesegez

nice thread ....

there are many ways of dealing with problems like this but that all depends on your situation .....

friends, well to be fair I always try to not to do business with friends as money owed fucks up relationships usually , but then again business is business and sometimes one may justify credit to a friend of a certain substance.

if friends where friends collecting money should never be a problem as mutual respect should be present otherwise why are they a friend , and sometimes this is a way to sort the good from the bad so lessons can be learnt." live and learn"....

now when it comes to "punnys" of a Radom origin respect should be present towards yourself as they need to understand that the money has to be paid back within a certain time frame. one thing ive learnt if you let someone take the piss out of you once ... just once you will be walked all over by themselves and people who they associate themselves with, which may be customers of yours.

I don't know where your at in the world but here with queen Elizabeth cannabis is illegal obviously , so at the end of the day your selling drugs and if your not known to be a least a bit of angry man chasing money is going to be a problem...

intimidation in this sad world seem to flourish respect so unfortunately people need to be taught a lesson sometimes to make a statement, im a great believer in karma but it does not occur by itself usually . Now if this is not something your up to there are many debt collectors around who may get your money back at a percentage but at around 40% as your in the dark side of the law or should I say society. It shouldn't be a ego thing its business and if money didn't keep coming in it wouldn't be much of a business.

Now obviously credit sometimes needs to be given but always prioritise cash customers and sometimes giving it out cheaper for cash can be better in the long run , no stress because I don't know about you but people owing me money makes me go crazy . Id rather throw it out cheaper and be able to sleep at night and not blow my cover with anger and stupidity.

so my advice make sure your known to be a bit of "Alpha" because it takes someone with a bit of balls to sell drugs in the first place so the trait is their already, and learn the people who you can trust .

or you could re-join the slave trade but I know what I'd prefer....

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

'I don't front anymore. Too many bad experiences.' Most people will understand.

If they already owe money and want more they gotta pay up front + x amount extra to go toward their debt.

If people can't afford to pay they are not good with money and will always struggle paying you back.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Only loan money you can afford to never see again. I just don't stress it. I don't mind helping people out, and I don't expect anything back. If they do pay me back, cool, if not oh well. Life is to short to be stressing paper.

Violence isn't the answer. It may get your money back but it makes you a small person. Take the high road. Don't loan it if you need it that bad that you are going to beat somebody up.

Beating people up over money is childish and bad karma.

I am not above taking a dump and putting it in someone's mailbox though...

brown_thumb

Only loan money you can afford to never see again. I just don't stress it. I don't mind helping people out, and I don't expect anything back. If they do pay me back, cool, if not oh well. Life is to short to be stressing paper.

Violence isn't the answer. It may get your money back but it makes you a small person. Take the high road. Don't loan it if you need it that bad that you are going to beat somebody up.

Beating people up over money is childish and bad karma.

I am not above taking a dump and putting it in someone's mailbox though...

I gotta agree wholeheartedly with this. If we act like gangstas... then we're just gangstas. I simply chose to never again loan money no matter how people claim they're hurting. If they wouldn't help me after I'd helped them so many times then fuck 'em. BTW, I don't sell and never will. I don't want the hassles nor the prison time.

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure
Tacitus

Latest posts

Latest posts