What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

super slow growth

McFreedom

Hi, I have some problems...

Area: 1mx1mx2m tent
Air: Over 100 CFM exhaust fan and carbon filter, gentle oscillating fan
Medium: Coco/perlite
Temp/Humidity: 33°C/38% during the day and 22°C/60% during the night
Water: tap water (ph 7.4) + Maxicrop @ 25ml/9 Litres
Strains: Atomic bee (freebie from tropical seeds - OTH/Afgahn x PCK/Nepal), and Malawi (Ace seeds)
Light: 18/6 with Mars Hydro Reflector 96 (1m away from plants) + 2x white LED bulbs on for 24h

These are the strongest phenos I have from both strains. They're in their 5th week of veg.
https://i.imgsafe.org/2d7bef1564.jpeg
https://i.imgsafe.org/2d7c312835.jpeg

Maxicrop
https://i.imgsafe.org/2d7c75df5e.jpeg
https://i.imgsafe.org/2d7c860ee9.jpeg

So i'm probably doing a lot of stuff wrong. Thanks for your time :)

Are you not Ph'ing your water at all? 7.4 PH is super high for any medium, I'm not sure if Maxicrop is fully or even partially organic but even then thats still really high. Secondly, your day temps are 90? Guarantee your seeds have one of pythium, phytopthera, rhizoctonia or fusarium or all of the above. Lower your temps somehow to 80 MAX. Especially for small seedlings. I would honestly start over and do it right from the very start. If you want to try to save those you have it's def going to be a battle for awhile.

G

ganjygav

Are you not Ph'ing your water at all? 7.4 PH is super high for any medium, I'm not sure if Maxicrop is fully or even partially organic but even then thats still really high. Secondly, your day temps are 90? Guarantee your seeds have one of pythium, phytopthera, rhizoctonia or fusarium or all of the above. Lower your temps somehow to 80 MAX. Especially for small seedlings. I would honestly start over and do it right from the very start. If you want to try to save those you have it's def going to be a battle for awhile.

What he said...
Yeah ph is way too high but there are lots of problems going on here. I'm not suggesting you should bin and start over but it's what I would do

McFreedom

Thanks guys, I shall head to the Coco stickies. Is it ok to reduce PH by adding some lemon juice? or do I need to buy a PH-down product?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Yes your PH needs to be 5.8 to 6.2, and new coco users usually over water in veg, and get no root system. I would suggest letting them get a little light in weight, but surface not completely dry. Before you transfer to flower, check runoff and flush with half strength till the runoff is in desired range, and adjust the feed PH accordingly. PH will probably be low, so when flushing feed high PH. By letting dry out a little, PPM will probably be high, which is why you need to flush. Never feed straight water.

Here is a VPD chart for optimum growth by adjusting temp to humidity ratio. The gold area is where you want to be -

Here is a PH to nutrient absorbtion chart. The thicker band is absorbing more at that PH -

Here is another useful chart -

Levitationofme

Yes, you need a decent PH UP and PH down
It's part of your "Tool Kit" to keep your PH correct.
Lemon Juice and such home remedies will change PH for a short time but
you need something designed more for use in Horticulture. Lemons will cost you much more too.
It will not vary so once you figure out your water, you will almost always be adding the same amount of PH stuff and add it to recipe for nutrition

My water is 9.4 PH. after I mix my nutrients the PH goes down below 5.5. I add
15 ml of my PH UP last then check to make sure it's right. If not, possible mixing mistake..

PH your nutrients before using them and keep it consistant going in.

Amazon is your friend, there will be many choices.
Stay away from PH Products meant to be used in other formats such as a Koi Pond PH adjustment. It will be way too strong.

corky1968

Veteran
The temp is a little high and the humidity way too low for good growth.

27C max would be better and with a humidity of 60-70% would greatly increase your growth.

If you lower your day temp your humidity will go up a little also.

Low day humidity is what I say is causing the most problems.

G

ganjygav

Dude what's that last statement on your signature? You do know feminised seeds ain't gmo don't you? I'm sure s1 ain't either? No genes are added or removed. Is it a joke?

corky1968

Veteran
I don't grow Feminized seeds or S1's and nor am I into GMOS.

Ignore it if you want. You could have Pm'd me to know more as this thread is about plants problems. :tiphat:

BTW: I do joke around also.

Anyways OP, raise your daytime humidity and your plants will come alive.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
looks like nutrient burn to me. i agree that the temp and humidity could be tweeked but the tip burn progressing to dead leaf if the give away. i agree with the person that suggested starting over. even if you flush the shit out of them, they're going to be too stressed to produce any thing. good luck

corky1968

Veteran
looks like nutrient burn to me. i agree that the temp and humidity could be tweeked but the tip burn progressing to dead leaf if the give away. i agree with the person that suggested starting over. even if you flush the shit out of them, they're going to be too stressed to produce any thing. good luck

Ouch, I just looked at that 1st pic. It's fried badly. :moon:

Get some more seeds or clones. I now say start over like the others.