What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinkin bout goin vert? Here's what you might need

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
mojave green's vertical snail

mojave green's vertical snail

soo many cool vert designs here on icmag. thought i'd share mine. i lean towards shapes/designs inspired by nature.
picture.php

picture.php

mojave, what made you choose that design? some sort of airflow thing or ?

asking bcuzz i just fucked up my first attempt at vert... rather than being a flatlander for eternity, I wanna get it right

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
mojave, what made you choose that design? some sort of airflow thing or ?

asking bcuzz i just fucked up my first attempt at vert... rather than being a flatlander for eternity, I wanna get it right
it started as a cylinder, but when i got looking, it just made more sense to spiral it. airflow is excellent and i can roll it up/out of the way for plant access and cleaning.
:tiphat:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't see what the benefit is from the spiral. You only using the 1 floor fan?

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been paying enough attention to know that this "spiral" of yours has no added benefits. Its a regular donut. You just forgot to close it up.

I get it. You just wanted your grow to resemble a snail. And thats fine. Enjoy.

antheis

Veteran
what gauge wire are you using to hang your light?
i have my light suspended with clothes line coated wire and it is too stiff. i've used it for a couple grows, and getting it level everytime i raise it is annoying.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure of the gauge, but its a metal wire with a plastic coating. I think I'm gonna replace it before the start of this next round. I've had one snap on me before while taking down a light.

dank001

Hey Marlo, What do you recommend if you want to do a vert grow in a 18' x 34' room as your flower room. Vert works great for tight spaces but how would you set up in a somewhat larger space? Is it better to go horizontal?