What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

why does Sensi Silver Haze suck?

NOTB

Hello- I've noticed that most of the haze strains considered the best are mostly from relatively new breeder's compared to Sensi who have been around forever, is this just because these are "new","in",or"trendy" breeders? i was growing 10-15 yrs ago and silver haze or some kind of Sensi haze was always at Sensi i just never got around to it.why is ssh better than sh? someone PLEASE tell me why i should'nt get Sensi sh so I don't waste my money, i'm trying to get mainly Sensi strains because they seem to be the only breeders that give you exactly what they advertise with uniformity and no or very little variation, and in my opinion that means the strain is stable, i mean right? i've been going through the strain guide and so many other breeders have like 2-3 variations in their supposedly stable strains does'nt this mean that they are not stable? or am i missing something? thank's for the advice :tiphat: N

dont know much about sensi silver haze but there nl5/haze is a true legend if you want sensi style reliabilty and a grade a sativa high i would go for that strain it was the first sativa dom i ever grew and i have to say it was very forgiving of my lack of experiance.It needs 80 to 90 days but that is quick if you consider the powerful sativa high . p.s my advice is based on seeds i bought in 2003

WelderDan

Veteran
Sensi sliver haze is NL x Skunk x Haze, (NL x Skunk) x Haze, same as MNS or Greenhouse SSH. They just have different parent plants than Shanti or Arjan. Not sure if NL or Skunk is the mom on the NL x Skunk side, but Haze is the dad on the final cross. Sensi created the strain as I recall.

Jack Herer is Skunk x NL x Haze (Skunk x NL) x Haze. Same thing as SSH , just the Skunk and NL parents are swapped around. And Nirvana Jock Horror is just their version of Jack. I have ran that and was very surprised at the yield and potency.

All versions have several phenos (taller, shorter, hazier, etc.)

I've heard good things about Sensi Silver Haze and see no reason not to buy it if you're a Sensi fan.

I'm just recalling this from an old OG thread. Someone chime in if I'm remembering this wrong.

indifferent

Veteran
Sensi sliver haze is NL x Skunk x Haze, (NL x Skunk) x Haze, same as MNS or Greenhouse SSH. They just have different parent plants than Shanti or Arjan. Not sure if NL or Skunk is the mom on the NL x Skunk side, but Haze is the dad on the final cross. Sensi created the strain as I recall.

Jack Herer is Skunk x NL x Haze (Skunk x NL) x Haze. Same thing as SSH , just the Skunk and NL parents are swapped around. And Nirvana Jock Horror is just their version of Jack. I have ran that and was very surprised at the yield and potency.

I've heard good things about Sensi Silver Haze and see no reason not to buy it if you're a Sensi fan.

I'm just recalling this from an old OG thread. Someone chime in if I'm remembering this wrong.

Sadly, you're off a bit on all of those.

Neville created Silver Haze during the time he was working for Sensi. It has never been stated what the lineage is, I think it's a NL5 x Haze mother crossed to a Skunk male.

SSH is NL5 x Haze female crossed to a Haze x Skunk female, bred by Neville a few years later while working for GHS.

Jack Herer is different, similar parents but in a different combination. I forget the exact lineage now and Sensi have never confirmed or denied the lineage. Again, it was bred by Neville during his time at Sensi.

Forget Sensi Seeds, they were great in the 90s, but since 1998 they have slowly declined in quality to the point now where their strains are all pretty poor, their germ rates suck and they don't replace packs. The prices they charge are scandalous for what are third or fourth rate genetics. A good example is Ed Rosenthal Super Bud, they charge a fortune for a pack and all the grow reports are highly negative.

If you want a good Haze, forget all the Dutch stuff, get one of the hybrids from Mr Nice, they released a load of new Haze crosses recently, test grows of all of them have been highly positive, just as they were for SSH, Mango Haze and Neville's Haze. In fact, you can't go wrong with SSH, MH or NH.

Forget all the GHS Hazes too, they are inferior.

WelderDan

Veteran
Eh, like I said, going from memory. Regardless, parentage is NL, Shunk and Haze in whatever combination.

1000ARMSofKALI

yeah i wouldnt say it sucks, buut maybe....the price of it sucks for a lot of us...

kali

p.s. i remember smokin silver haze like a kid in 1998, ant it blew my mind..

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Silver Haze is Silver Pearl x Haze...
...or maybe Early Pearl/Skunk#1 x NL#5/Haze...:D
As far as I know,current germ ratio sucks.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Silver Haze (Sensi Created) = Silver Pearl x Haze

Silver Pearl = Early Pearl x Skunk #1 x Northern Lights

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Can I throw into the ring Rez/OJD's SSSH x G13 Haze as a possible winner? Plenty available...potentially stellar!

I have a pack...yet to grow.

I

Iron_Lion

Hello- I've noticed that most of the haze strains considered the best are mostly from relatively new breeder's compared to Sensi who have been around forever, is this just because these are "new","in",or"trendy" breeders? i was growing 10-15 yrs ago and silver haze or some kind of Sensi haze was always at Sensi i just never got around to it.why is ssh better than sh? someone PLEASE tell me why i should'nt get Sensi sh so I don't waste my money, i'm trying to get mainly Sensi strains because they seem to be the only breeders that give you exactly what they advertise with uniformity and no or very little variation, and in my opinion that means the strain is stable, i mean right? i've been going through the strain guide and so many other breeders have like 2-3 variations in their supposedly stable strains does'nt this mean that they are not stable? or am i missing something? thank's for the advice :tiphat: N

The decision should be simple,
Sensi Seeds dont germ = sucks to be you
MNS seeds dont germ = replacement pack

Not to mention with sensi you get like 10 seeds, with MNS super silver haze you can expect 18 seeds.

Reckless

The title is "why Sensi Silver Haze sucks" but you haven't grown it.

Then people say Silver Haze is Silver Pearl x Haze. Again you're wrong.

If anyone here had grown it, they'd know that there isn't a trace of skunk in the genetics, you don't see or smell anything remotely close to a Skunk.

Silver Haze is an Afghan crossed with a Haze and the result is very very hazy, soapy metallic taste. No over-ripe fruits/sweetness from skunk. It's just pure soap.
And it is fantastic.

Posting crappy title topic of something you know nothing about, from a breeder you know nothing about either except hearsay....

grow up you dork

Fuel

The "SH/SSH fight" just started when shanti moved to GHS; hazes was trendy so the catalog was flooded with numerous versions of SSH/Arjan's haze etc ... just search for archives and you will find the most marketed dramas that you ever seen in our green world.

Now i'm ok to say that i'm disapointed since Dronks is less involved, the experience we get now is more about a "freewheel seedbank" managed on the fly.

Reckless

I agree with you, the company makes no effort whatsoever.
That's a real shame. Just have to see their forum. 3+ months to get your profile activated.
If at all.

But the quality is there. Buy a couple of packs of Black Do and you'll find at least 3 or 4 black leaved specimens with the best taste and high. Same for NL, Hawaiian Indica, Silver Haze and NL#5 Haze reg. These are the ones I've grown. Can't tell for the others.
Great quality anyway.

FireIn.TheSky

I agree with you, the company makes no effort whatsoever.
That's a real shame. Just have to see their forum. 3+ months to get your profile activated.
If at all.

But the quality is there. Buy a couple of packs of Black Do and you'll find at least 3 or 4 black leaved specimens with the best taste and high. Same for NL, Hawaiian Indica, Silver Haze and NL#5 Haze reg. These are the ones I've grown. Can't tell for the others.
Great quality anyway.

got any pictures?