What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy Bucket vs. regular perlite/potting soil.

manphredd

Hey, i am about to do a comparison project with two clones i have in my tent now. I´m just waiting for them to root their rockwool cubes.

The clones is a strain called Guerilla Pearl from High Rise Seeds. They are taken from the same mother, and at the same time. They even fysically look the same too. :)

So, i will get back to you with some pictures later today, or tomorrow.
I am sure they will come by today, and i will transplant them right away then.

One of them will be planted in a 0,5 liter Hempy Bucket, and the other one will be transplanted in a regular pot, with regular potting soil, mixed with Perlite.

They will be grown under a 250w MH, plus four 18w T8 flouro tubes.

I will feed them both Advanced Nutrients "Grow". But the only difference is that the hempy will probably get fed from the beginning. The clone that will get planted into soil i probably won´t feed anything the first two weeks.

Anybody have some feedback here, so i can get this comp as accurate as possible? And if i have missed to write something important, feel free to ask.

Peace out, guys! C u guys later today. :)

mango420

How many liter bucket for the hempy? Looks like you said half a litre. Also how come you would just feed them grow, you need to feed the whole 3 part.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As someone who has grown in both soil and hempys, my experience has been the soil grown plants will take 1 and a half to 2 times as long to get to the same size as the Hempy bucket grown plants, depending on strain and size of plant you're going after.