What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canna Terra Pro with Canna Bio ferts? Expect Problems?

Hi.. I am thinking of using canna Terra pro with canna bio nutes.. I am restricted in australia and cannot get their bio terr pro soil.. Should I expect problems due to the low pH of the Terra pro? Also was wondering.. What pH are people using the canna bio ferts at? Cause on the back of the bottle I could swear it said use at 5.5 but on their website it says "does not need acidification".. Wtf?

Granger2

Veteran
Yeah, Earth Juice says pH adjustment is unnecessary. That's their story, and they're sticking to it. I know from experience that that is BS. I brew my EJ nute mixes till the pH gets into the range I want, and then apply. All plants are happy. I use tap that is very high pH. I dechlorinate. Good luck. -granger

Hey I just did exactly what your saying,
canna terra pro soil combined with the bio ferts

my tap water comes out at around 7.5 and i only added nutes to the tap water (no ph buffers of any kind)
but they dont use the chlorination method here in my country. so my water source may be different than what you have.

watch out for gnats with the canna terra pro, every bag ive had did pack some gnats.
its not hard to fix this with sticky traps and nematodes and tbh its to be expected in an "organic" setting like you try and provide with that line up.

plants looked healthy through their lives,
they started to fade in late flower with reds purples and orange/yellow hues

made a small amount of rosin from this so far
and its very smooth, much smoother then what i was used to.
almost imposible to cough from this oil? (might be related to the cultivar i grew)

I used the Bio boost aswell, and some soil balance pro

Gnats in canna Terra pro? Well that's it for me lol.. I thought with these (supposedly) high quality products I would avoid those lil bastids! Thanks for the heads up!!! :)