What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Party Cup Challenge 2018 Spring - Summer

Medfinder

Chemon 91
gonna go with the auto water with MEGACROP...NUTES!

Lemon Og's

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

EvergreenState

Thanks for the advice DTOG. I wasn't sure if distilling got rid of minerals like RO and now that I know that it does, I'm going to go ahead with no worries.
I've checked out Peters products in the past and was impressed. When I get back home, on the road for work and living in an apt. at the moment, I'm going to have Peters sample my water and then get some of their stuff. I've read several grow reports where guys were using Peter's and the results were excellent. Thanks again.

EvergreenState

I took all of the plants out of their cups, removed as much soil as I could, made new cups with 2 holes drilled in each, 2 inches up from the bottom, filled them with perlite and put the plants back in filling with perlite around the sides. I made up some new nutrient solution with distilled water and filled the cups. I now have a 2 inch reservoir in the bottom of each cup.
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Thanks for the advice DTOG. I wasn't sure if distilling got rid of minerals like RO and now that I know that it does, I'm going to go ahead with no worries.
I've checked out Peters products in the past and was impressed. When I get back home, on the road for work and living in an apt. at the moment, I'm going to have Peters sample my water and then get some of their stuff. I've read several grow reports where guys were using Peter's and the results were excellent. Thanks again.

The only reason I know that is because I've tested distilled water for both ppm/EC and PH. The reading came out the same as normal water run thru a reverse osmosis machine(I had one of those, water at my old mans was coming out the faucet at 650 ppm!!)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Took some pics last night. 6 1/2 weeks into flower. Not the best pics, but you get the idea. I was moving some stuff around and I found the wire hanger for an LED fixture I have. Decided to put that on the Suicide Cheese in the party cup. Worked out just as I hoped.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Also got my led light and cab set-up.
View Image
How far away are your lights from the plants?
I think my 230 watt led lamp might be too close to my plants.

Meet Larry. She’s an over grown clone. She’s been stuck in this cup for a couple months. I’m gonna take a few cuts and flower her.
What medium and growth formula are you using to get plants that big in a little cup?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Heres mine the six are growing under a 230 Watts cob led lamp. Can i get your opinions on how the ones in the red room could grow healthier,
Because I'd like to flip them to 12 12 soon but they arn't growing well atm. They are all growing in ff ocean forest soil. In the red room the temps are in the 80s, Is that too high/hot? There is a fan in there. The one in the other room has a lower temperature and that may be why it's healthier not sure.
picture.php

picture.php

EvergreenState

How far away are your lights from the plants?
I think my 230 watt led lamp might be too close to my plants.

What medium and growth formula are you using to get plants that big in a little cup?
My light is about 14 inches above the plants now that they are in flower and they were about 16 inches away when the plants were in veg.
I may move them even closer over time.
The manufaturer of my light recommended 16 to 20 from the plants in veg. and 10 to 16 in flower. My light may not have the same output as yours, maybe more, maybe less. I'd go with your manufacturers' recommendation for your light. If the manufacturer of your light didn't offer a recommendation, then you are going to have to use your intuition on what you think is best. If you think it is too close, then it probably is.

Last edited:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP x GN Thai Micro plants

Afropips DP x GN Thai Micro plants

Pics were taken when plants were around 2 months from germ, and 1.5 months into flowering. Still hand watering plants in their 2oz containers, which occurs every 16-24 hours at this point.

picture.php

Our tall and lanky plant

picture.php

Tiny and fast flowering

picture.php

One of two plants who began flowering with purple/pinkish buds. This is the darker of the two.

picture.php

Light pink/purple sister.

picture.php

Miraculous Meds

Day 21

spg13 x wb #7
this one has a chance of putting on some weight. very aromatic lavender and berry.

picture.php

Golden Pearl

picture.php

Death Star

picture.php

Blue star 2

picture.php

Blue star 1

picture.php

EvergreenState

One photo from last week and one from today. Top photo is today.
Taking all the soil out and replacing it with perlite made for a rough transplant.
I think they have recovered from the shock and are adjusting to the new nutrients.
picture.php
picture.php