What's new

Any Arduino Enthusiasts?

coldcanna

Veteran
Title says it all. I'm an avid tinkerer and builder, have a few little machines I've thought up and need to incorporate Arduino in my skill set to make them work. Its new to me so I'm hoping people could give me recommendations on a good starter kit that will cover a range of projects. In addition I need a humidistat that I can use to trigger fans, and solenoids for air lines if thats something anybody knows about.

I hope this thread can go beyond just helping me and can be a fun discussion on different projects and gear.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Most kits are useless for making projects, they are tailored for kids to learn the basics, with the cheapest sensors and accesories inside.
Just go on ebay and buy whay you need. It will be cheaper and you won't be left with a bunch of cheap stuff you don't need laying around. Get good sensors, a breadboard, patch cables kit for breadboard and sensors, a kit of various resistors, a relay board, and a uno clone. You could also add a display if you think you need one. Then search for examples of code using the gear you got and learn from there.

coldcanna

Veteran
Since posting this I bought the Elegoo starter kit. It took about 2 days to realize that the wiring is stupid simple, and the magic is in the coding language. So I put down the kit and started teaching myself Python.

Latest posts

Latest posts