What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a total of 4 HK rooted using Rapid Rooters out of 25. None rooted in my mister. I dipped them in various gels/powders. Not sure which helped the most. It looks like HK prefers much warmer temps with 100% rh. I can set my mister from 60f up to room temp without using a heat source, but I can't increase the RH. Everything else is rooting fine using my mister. At least it's squeaky clean now, that should last for a bit.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been hitting some of the group rides on the somewhat local trails. Most of those riders make me feel slow. I need to make a few friends that will wait for me at the top of the big hills. Like I have been with my buddies.

always good to ride with people who are faster than you....if you want to get faster...otherwise climb at your own pace...i used to go to the tuesday night trail rides all the time,until i figured out i simply didn't like most of the people there...the thursday night gravel rides are better in a way,but also can be annoying riding in a mixed skills group and sucking dust the whole ride...mainly i ride with a rotating group of like 6 people....all of them smoke pot,all of them don't mind stopping for shade and snacks and tokes...and are willing to do stupid stuff on occasion,including way too much time pushing bikes,or riding through soul sucking sand and viscous desert plants and riding until you puke!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yesterdays install...paul love levers,absolutely the best brake levers made for mechanical disc brakes...expensive,but bomb proof....

IMG_20210824_155913839.jpg
IMG_20210824_155923409.jpg

Akss

Thats a big bank... Hot and sticky every day since the storm here looks like a couple more days of it...

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GugsCdLHm-Q

Bicycle Race by The Queen.
The video - to this day - is banned in certain countries and age-restricted on youtube because it features naked women riding bicycles.
Also, the single was released on a double sided vinyl, the other side had the song "Fat Bottomed Girls" on it..

Coincidence?

Hah!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:plant grow: done with veg...no space at the veg inn,not even for a baby jeebus og cut!

even managed to get the hub back together,forgot the hubs ship with 3 of 6 springs and an o-ring seal...still a pain in the ass to put the pawl in,lift it up enough to get the spring in,compress the spring and slide the pawl down into place...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a total of 4 HK rooted using Rapid Rooters out of 25. None rooted in my mister. I dipped them in various gels/powders. Not sure which helped the most. It looks like HK prefers much warmer temps with 100% rh. I can set my mister from 60f up to room temp without using a heat source, but I can't increase the RH. Everything else is rooting fine using my mister. At least it's squeaky clean now, that should last for a bit.
Well that’s good news now isn’t it:biggrin: here’s mine currently…she’s formidable
8C657DD8-39CD-4BC0-BF5F-F425D9432159.jpeg
Skywalker og (×3)
58188986-0A2D-4A7E-896D-384BB2711271.jpeg
9EE334B1-8317-4B74-935E-320D39A16503.jpeg

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Rode the 18 mile potawatomi traill last night. Thought we would be out by dark and the storm would wait. Either way it was a good thrill on those screaming fast root covered downhills while holding my phone flashlight with one hand to see the trail. Nothing quite like the sensation of hell yeah I'm still on the bike repeatedly for an hour in the rain.

Used to ride the Poto back in the early 90’s when I was still able to do such things. Beautiful trail and area.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...gonna try and get to some yard work today...probably not that hard since i hate it so much,even more than washing pots or trimming...not even really sure what the heck is growing in the side yard...some sort of ground hugging plant,probably cant use the weed whacker....three more days with the dogs,the little one was being a pest this morning,at least he's not barking so much...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...gonna try and get to some yard work today...probably not that hard since i hate it so much,even more than washing pots or trimming...not even really sure what the heck is growing in the side yard...some sort of ground hugging plant,probably cant use the weed whacker....three more days with the dogs,the little one was being a pest this morning,at least he's not barking so much...

Lol…these lazy bones are chilling out in the air conditioner while daddy does all the work:whip:
00660BF3-EAD7-4E5B-9AE8-036B572E1F29.jpeg

Attachments

• 00660BF3-EAD7-4E5B-9AE8-036B572E1F29.jpeg
    00660BF3-EAD7-4E5B-9AE8-036B572E1F29.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 10

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got most of the new shiny installed on the timberjack today...someone at industry9 goofed and put a torch freehub in a hydra box so no gears and derailleur for now...got the new handlebars,stem,brake levers and brakes installed though...

IMG_20210826_171000085.jpg
IMG_20210826_171010948.jpg
IMG_20210826_171015038.jpg
IMG_20210826_171022928_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210826_171047652.jpg