What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

poison co2 generator

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes and your own breath will eventually maintain the room above set point (depending on volume/etc).

Youtube is handy, as well many trades forums have helpful experienced journeymen. It is not difficult and is a task given to apprentices.

Jeeyah

I tried a propane burner a few years back, and same thing happened. The plants started turning all yellow and dying. I'll try some bottled CO2 at some point.

Cool thread.

rayuki

I tried a propane burner a few years back, and same thing happened. The plants started turning all yellow and dying. I'll try some bottled CO2 at some point.

Cool thread.

im just thankful i found it only 30days into my first grow indoors or i would have been going crazy a year down the track still. figured 10x10 room was big enough but i guess not. maybe i can plug my 4 burner and turn it into a 2 burner, give it a good clean, get some better gas and give it another go but yeah at this point i think its safer to stick to bottled co2 even if it would end up costing me more.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have often suspected the costs are similar after cooling/dehumidification is accounted for. But I am talking out my ass, never used a bottle, don't know what they cost or how long they last.

rayuki

well i gave the burners a good clean, got a fair bit of black soot so it was for sure causing a problem with the combustion. also got a new bottle with fresh refill of propane since the bottle i was using was 10 years old, just to cover all bases.

fired up with a lot less yellow, still flickering yellow but looks normal like i've seen on other burners. also i have a carbon monoxide monitor (couldn't find a cheap monitor for ethelyne) and with the reader like right next to the burner im getting readings between 7-15ppm but thats like right next to it, get readings of 0 anywhere else.

will keep an eye on it, i've set up an inline fan with ducting to turn on for 30mins every 3hrs to bring in fresh air to hopefully stop it happening again.

shooterw

My room is getting poisoned too

My room is getting poisoned too

I am experiencing the same problem when I turn on my gas. I have a 8 burner c02 generator with controller feeding my completely sealed room. I have a 10" night exhaust, and a 8" fresh air intake. I have 2 5 tonne split unit ac's for cooking and they have a plenum and duct work that moves the air to the other side of the room and it gets shot back toward the ac's. My burner is hanging between the 2 ac's. When I fired the burner on it burned almost invisible with a blue flame, but when I looked at it the next day it was not nearly as invisible and had a orange flame on top of a little bit of blue. My plants started to do the downward claw, so I turned on the fresh air to see if that would he the flame. 20 min later still bigger and orange, so I immediately turned off the gas. Any idea what could be the issue?? My room is 20' x 35' with 13' ceiling.