What's new

Healthy Smoker Options

theclearspot

I want to buy one of these Volcano vaporisers as I'm smoking from pipes which is giving me pains in the throat (although may be more to do with smoking not properly cured cant be bothered to wait bud). I wanted to ask if they are easy/quick to use as I don't have much patience for fiddly things( I was always crap at Kerplunk or those games where you had to subtly remove bricks before the whole thing collapsed etc). Do you crumble bud into them or is it for oils? Can't really afford one as they are very expensive but maybe a healthy option. I'm too lazy to make CannaTea etc.What do you dudes/dudettes do for healthy smokes or is this a 'non sequitur'?

* reaches for the 'Mama Bong'.....:woohoo:

amanda88

Try a 'simple' bong first

the water action will remove or chill much of that harsh chlorophyll

some use ice instead of water

or you can just chill and be nice too plant and throat..?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I use ice and water ...my bong has a spot for ice cubes to go...I hate vaporizers..i had an aeromed and a vap bros...I don't miss them...yeehaw...I smoke tons of uncured buds ..no issues in over 30+ years..if you truly want healthy eat your weed...

B

Baron Greenback

I have recently got a Volcano (I've had 2 other "premium" vapourisers in the Vapezilla (while it was still being made in the US and was good :)) and a Herbalizer) and it is the best one I have had.
I went with the solid valve which means that you have to cut, tie and attach your own bags - as opposed to the pre-made option with built in valve - as it works out a lot cheaper in the long run.
Every single piece of it is replaceable by me, which means no having to send it off when there's a problem, but as it's German it probably won't break much :)
Cleaning is easy as it all breaks down into component parts, some medicinal alcohol and a cloth and it's clean. If you can afford it, get one.
One observation from it though - it's almost as if I have to re-learn how to get high, I feel almost like my brain is wired for the joint high and I seem to have to train it to get used to the Volcano. A doobie will get me leaner than the same amount in the Volcano, but it is nice just filling balloon after balloon and settling in to get extra lean :) I am, of course, willing to undertake this re-education \m/

igrowone

Veteran
i see these sore throat complaints from vaporizers pretty regular
been vaping with a diy halogen bulb vape for 5 years, never get sore throat
or almost never, maybe a strain or 2 were a little more drying, but minimal overall
and get no soreness from absolutely fresh bud, perfectly sweet on the lungs
sore means something isn't right imho

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I have a arizer eq and think it is just the best thing. It also is more functional in that you can use a whip option as well...Volcano does not have this option last I knew. Also, the eq has a remote and it is much cheaper with a 3 year warrenty.

Just my experience. I have had mine for a year and a half and it works great and have had zero issues. My lungs are much happier and the high is just wonderful...flavors come through though subtle.

Good luck on which ever you choose.

minds_I

MrBungle

Try using hemp wick to smoke... cooler flame, no butane byproducts, all organic... A lot cheaper than a volcano

for the dry vapors try adding a drop of water on your weed.. sounds counterproductive.. but hell no it aint!

Max Headroom

Veteran
been using a volcano daily for about 10 years.
i just love it. i'm not a fan of whips, so i don't miss the option. (if you want both, better go with the 'extreme q')

low maintainance - i change the bag about once a month, and one of the screens maybe once a year.
the high is just superb, i prefer it over any other consumption method.

build quality is excellent, it just works and works and works.

some people just don't like vaping (i really don't know why) but if you have tried it and liked it, i'd say go for the 'cano coz it really is a quality product.

theclearspot

I have recently got a Volcano (I've had 2 other "premium" vapourisers in the Vapezilla (while it was still being made in the US and was good :)) and a Herbalizer) and it is the best one I have had.
I went with the solid valve which means that you have to cut, tie and attach your own bags - as opposed to the pre-made option with built in valve - as it works out a lot cheaper in the long run.
Every single piece of it is replaceable by me, which means no having to send it off when there's a problem, but as it's German it probably won't break much :)
Cleaning is easy as it all breaks down into component parts, some medicinal alcohol and a cloth and it's clean. If you can afford it, get one.
One observation from it though - it's almost as if I have to re-learn how to get high, I feel almost like my brain is wired for the joint high and I seem to have to train it to get used to the Volcano. A doobie will get me leaner than the same amount in the Volcano, but it is nice just filling balloon after balloon and settling in to get extra lean :) I am, of course, willing to undertake this re-education \m/

Thanks everyone for feedback. Superb as usual. Thats why I like this website. No sarcastic clever arses like on other forums or people looking for fights for some odd reason. Anyway Baron- just to clarify, would you recommend the Easy Valve or Solid Valve Volcano? Im erring on the side of Easy valve.But I see there's lots of different Vaporisers out there. What a choice! Im going to get it for my own Christmas pressie! Talk about selfish...:tiphat:

Last edited:
B

Baron Greenback

@theclearspot - I went with the solid valve based simply on economy. With the easy valve (and it is easy, you buy ready made, sealed balloons at the perfect size, a valve ready attached that you don't need to clean), I thought that over time we would end up spending loads on the bags.
The solid one you just buy the balloon material by the 3m length, I think it works out at about $10 for 9 metres. Making your own balloon is a little tricky, there's seals and clips to attach. My first balloon I made was about 2 miles long and really floppy :) By my 3rd one, I'm pretty good.
You can strip all of the valve parts down and clean them in rubbing alcohol or the suchlike.
There are many fine machines out there now, I only went for the "premium" ones because, like you, I got to buy my own present at Chrimble :)
And then there's the whole sublimation thing, but that takes some investment I think :)

Terpz

The personal difference, I found, from combusting flowers and vaping oils is worth noting.. I used to consume ~7g of flower a day for many many o' years. I was turned on to oil/ extracts in 2007 and have been vaping oils ever since. When combusting flower, in joint or bong form, I notice lots of phlegm in mornings i.e. coughing up thick dark colored loogies. Since switching over to vaping extracts, I no longer experience that heavy mucus chest feeling, nor do I have to hack up 15 loogies every morning. I feel much more clear vaping over combusting.
Take flower for instance.. The plant material/chlorophyll/ fats/lipids that are all around the trichome head is essentially just filler. That is what makes up all the ash, thick heavy smoke clouds, and excess tar that enters your lungs. With concentrates/extracts you have pure cannabinoids with no filler. Essentially, you could consume a joints worth of meds in a few small puffs without all the harsh smoke. Hope the ramble helps!

Lung.Butter

i got a mighty vape some months back and have given up smoking with it really easily, it's that good.

i have quite a collection of vapes, bongs, pipes & pens but this little thing ticks all the boxes and is just by far the nicest and easiest to use. no sore throat either, which i used to get.

its handheld like a pipe and each bowl is around .2g which you can puff away on for a good 5mins. i think that helps because its way more like smoking that other vapes.

doob

I brought an Arizer Air couple weeks ago, its not bad, but for me the taste is no where near as good as smoking bud. Its a little harsh when turned up for better vapes, and I need 2 or 3 in a row to feel as high as my usual joint. So annoyingly i am smoking again. I will get a volcano in the future and try again, I hate smelling of tobacco

Max Headroom

Veteran
@theclearspot - I went with the solid valve based simply on economy. With the easy valve (and it is easy, you buy ready made, sealed balloons at the perfect size, a valve ready attached that you don't need to clean), I thought that over time we would end up spending loads on the bags.
The solid one you just buy the balloon material by the 3m length, I think it works out at about $10 for 9 metres.

i have the solid valve too, because i don't like being dependent on a company to continue to produce these bags. with the solid valve you can use any oven/turkey bag from any store. not dependent on a single supplier.

B

Baron Greenback

The bag thing is interesting, didn't know that....Thanks :)

theclearspot

i have the solid valve too, because i don't like being dependent on a company to continue to produce these bags. with the solid valve you can use any oven/turkey bag from any store. not dependent on a single supplier.

Ok I see your logic. Interesting. I suppose it may evolve eventually like Ink cartridges I mean copy cats will start making the bags in china etc. maybe not.

*scratches head..reaches for the 'Mama Bong':laughing:

dickcorn

Pipes hurt my throat to but I'd make sure vapeing ticks all your boxes before dropping that much cash... I prefer different types of bongs or bubblers to my hardly used expensive vape, on a side note stealth wise my friend got an atmos and I'd defintaly get one of those for sneak toking haha

I just switched from smoking to a Volcano a few months ago. I was taking something like 100 rips from a bong a day which had absolutely murdered my lungs. I was so bad that when I first got my Volcano, 355 would absolutely hurt and it was difficult to hit even vape without going into a coughing fit.

A few months on a Volcano and I feel unbelievably better. My lungs have completely cleared out, I feel healthy and I can hit anything now like a champion again.

I can't say enough good things about the Volcano. They're worth the money if you're into vaping.