What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mycorrhizae on aero clones?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Trying a product, Mighty Myco, for the first time. The results I have seen from the mycorrhizae are amazing. I figured that dipping an aero clone in this product should do the trick.

picture.php

picture.php

The directions say to make sure that they make contact with the roots.

picture.php

This clone was sitting in the aero for a little too long and is gonna need all the help it can get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Granger2

Veteran
You could root prune to make it easier to spread roots around without circling. When I used to use an aerocloner, I put them in medium as soon as they had 1/4 inch roots. But hit them with Mycos with direct contact with roots when transplanting. Good luck. -granger

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I would have planted them a while ago but I had no empty pots.

How did the mycos do for ya, still using them?

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
If they help my roots even the slightest bit, it would be well worth the cost.

My question is will my chemical nutes kill these organisms?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Microbeman posted a bit on beneficials in aero/hydro, should be easy to find in his recent post history.

Mycorrhizal fungi are almost moot when using conventional liquid nutrients or rich organic soil. Their role is to increase P availability, of which you are supplying a ready source.

There are other beneficials in that mix I am unfamiliar with. In general, microbes aren't killed off wholesale by conventional nutrients but diversity suffers and many go dormant.

razor ridge

think the question is aero clones into soil...I place myco in a small cup, put the clones roots into the cup and shake it about a bit, get a good covering on the roots then toss a bit in the area of the pot where your planting the clone...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
You could root prune to make it easier to spread roots around without circling. When I used to use an aerocloner, I put them in medium as soon as they had 1/4 inch roots. But hit them with Mycos with direct contact with roots when transplanting. Good luck. -granger

I would have never even considered pruning them, but you are way correct bro. Thanks for the tip.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
No, should be fine.

You are wrong about that.

I wasn't entirely wrong.
Environment Suitable for Mycorrhizae

If an environment's soil does not contain much nitrogen and phosphorus, it is likely that a mycorrhizal relationship will occur and a plant is more likely to allocate its carbon to the roots (4). This is because the plant needs nitrogen and phosphorus in order to prosper. This can also be true in areas where water is not easily accessible. As noted earlier, mycorrhizae expand the surface area of roots and therefore aid in the uptake of water. If an environment is lacking in moisture available to plants, it is likely that a mycorrhizal symbiosis will occur to aid in the uptake of water. Also, the environment where mycorrhizae will be found change depending on the type of mycorrhizae.

Environment not Suitable for Mycorrhizae

On the other hand, if an area contains large amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, or water, it is not likely that a plant will allocate its carbon to its roots and therefore it is not likely that a symbiotic relationship with mycorrhizae will occur (4). This is because the benefit to the fungus would be greater than that for the plant. Since the plant already has enough availability to nutrients and water, there would be no reason for them to give up their carbon for this relationship.

Q. What hydroponic growth media do mycorrhizae prefer?

Mycorrhizal fungi can create mycelial networks in soil, coco coir, rockwool and many other inert growth media. They can even survive in a totally aqueous environment, as long as it is properly aerated, but they will not replicate. Mycorrhizae will grow and increase in biomass only once they are attached to a plant root.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I wasn't entirely wrong.
Environment Suitable for Mycorrhizae

If an environment's soil does not contain much nitrogen and phosphorus, it is likely that a mycorrhizal relationship will occur and a plant is more likely to allocate its carbon to the roots (4). This is because the plant needs nitrogen and phosphorus in order to prosper. This can also be true in areas where water is not easily accessible. As noted earlier, mycorrhizae expand the surface area of roots and therefore aid in the uptake of water. If an environment is lacking in moisture available to plants, it is likely that a mycorrhizal symbiosis will occur to aid in the uptake of water. Also, the environment where mycorrhizae will be found change depending on the type of mycorrhizae.

Environment not Suitable for Mycorrhizae

On the other hand, if an area contains large amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, or water, it is not likely that a plant will allocate its carbon to its roots and therefore it is not likely that a symbiotic relationship with mycorrhizae will occur (4). This is because the benefit to the fungus would be greater than that for the plant. Since the plant already has enough availability to nutrients and water, there would be no reason for them to give up their carbon for this relationship.

Q. What hydroponic growth media do mycorrhizae prefer?

Mycorrhizal fungi can create mycelial networks in soil, coco coir, rockwool and many other inert growth media. They can even survive in a totally aqueous environment, as long as it is properly aerated, but they will not replicate. Mycorrhizae will grow and increase in biomass only once they are attached to a plant root.

mycorrhizae colonizes the root zone, aka the roots.

I use a product called Earth Nectar & Earth Ambrosia, it's a two part solution and they have directions on the bottles for use with hydroponics. Yes, you can add to much Mycorrhizea.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EN/EA contains many other ingredients, no?

Was just prodding you to link sources, HITH ;)

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Was just prodding you to link sources, HITH ;)

Im posting on a message board not writing a text book. I figure if someone reads what I write and is interested enough they'll venture out on their own to learn more and decide if im right or not.

Latest posts

Latest posts