What's new

500 Gallon Raised Beds in the Foothills 2015

S

StanKDanK

hell yeah, its my favorite time of year again choosing seeds and preparing for the season. :woohoo:
I will be popping seeds in a week and in the meanwhile we have been chopping dead trees and getting the gardens ready for another run.
Im excited to try all these new strains this year and we will also be looking for some male keepers to breed with. This is what we are working with this season. we also post pics on our IG @ https://instagram.com/sierraorganix/

my seed stash...:dance013:

**BODHI SEEDS**
space cake
sky lotus
white lotus
pink lotus
stardawg X goji og f3
ancient og
red eye jedi
jabbas stash
mother milk
strawberry milk
tigers milk
sunshine daydream
blood orange
kindness
love triangle
golden triangle
snow leopard
good medicine
bodhi mystery pack
blue tara
blueberry hashplant
pineapple hashplant
snow wookie
pink panther
solos stash
super snow lotus
dank zappa
satsuma

**RARE DANKNESS**
star killer
501 og

**RED EYED GENETICS**
locktite

Everyday I feel so lucky to be living my dream in the foothills
Pack a fat bowl and hang out..this should be fun :smoker:

picture.php

norcal

picture.php

we started to dig out about 50% of last years soil in each pot so we can add perlite, peatmoss, shredded redwood and mushroom compost to get better drainage

Last edited:
That's a lot of bodhi gear! For a breeder to have that good a reputation for people to spend a hard working season counting on him really says something....
All the best this year bro! Hope you guys kill it!
Peace, mendo_local

This is what dreams are made of for someone thinking about changing his life. Loved the past season, subbed. And sending lots of positive vibes from old Europe!

S

StanKDanK

just got my soil test results back and they were not what I expected. my soil ph ranges from 7.3 - 7.8.
Most of my elements are high except for my N and K was a lil low.
I will be adding 0.2 lbs Sulfur per 10 sq ft to bring my soil to bring the ph down 1 point so I should end up around 6.5

the seedlings have just popped out the soil today so that means i have to clean up the greenhouse soon.. lots of work happening over here..the season has begun :biggrin:

Last edited:
S

StanKDanK

picture.php

do you think we will have enough perlite ?

picture.php

organic ammendments

picture.php

gorilla hair

thanks for all the good vibes guys !!
still so much work to do but things are coming along great on the farm
I also got more bodhi seeds recently so I updated my list

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
lucky guy! they banned outdoor growing in the north foothills, we are at war up here. sad to say i probably wont be growing any outdoor plants this summer, so il have to just watch your scene and reminisce!

Holistic Farms

Nice! Thats a gnarly lineup. I admire your flat looks like a nice spot. 7.3-7.8? Wow. That makes me want to get ours tested. We have never had an issue as long as we keep our amendments well balanced. Where did you get yours tested and how long did it take? I know you can get it done through Peaceful Valley. Good luck with your season!

S

StanKDanK

Nice! Thats a gnarly lineup. I admire your flat looks like a nice spot. 7.3-7.8? Wow. That makes me want to get ours tested. We have never had an issue as long as we keep our amendments well balanced. Where did you get yours tested and how long did it take? I know you can get it done through Peaceful Valley. Good luck with your season!

I had no idea out ph was this high, last year we didnt test anything and we had good growth so i dunno sometimes Our well gives us 7.0ph water so that doesnt help either. I got mine tested at Watersag in Camilla Ga and only $6.00/test and took about 1 week to get the results

picture.php

S

StanKDanK

lucky guy! they banned outdoor growing in the north foothills, we are at war up here. sad to say i probably wont be growing any outdoor plants this summer, so il have to just watch your scene and reminisce!

sorry to hear about measure A up there in Butte. it fucks over a lot of patients, When will they realize its just a plant..

S

StanKDanK

@stankdank
how are you suppose to read that?
do you have a standard to compare it too?
Im lost on all the numbers

yeah its a bit confusing to me to :laughing:
I think it says all my elements are high except for my K
Organic matter is 5.83%
ph 7.3
Cation exchange capacity 31. (im not sure what this means)

maybe someone out there has a better understanding of this plz let me know :smoker:

Last edited:

b4df15h

hey stankdank, question- did you add ammendments priior to having soil tested or after?
may be a stupid question but reason i ask is the date of your post with the soils test results is BEFORE your pic of organic ammendments..

HatchBrew

Veteran
What kind of lights do you run in your Greenhouse? Just running to break up the dark cycle or supplementing lights for more growth/coverage/heat? Just curious. Cause I would like to veg my summer plants in my greenhouse once they're a little more established.

Just transferred them to 4" pots on the 14th.

Subbed in.

Love Living It,
Hatch