What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chem '91 Skunk Va Curing Project

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Chem '91 Curing Project
I made my first post here at the forums in icmag in 2009.

It was about chemdog and the search for the "real '91" in seed form.

Today I came into possession of my first batch of Chemdog '91 in years. #1 on my all-time hunted strains. The most elusive.

It's exceeded my expectations in every way so far. It absolutely stinks.

Getting ready to do a bit of a cure on it so figured I'd document that. Here's some photos of the '91 fresh from drying. The last time I uploaded photos to the forum here it was with a 5.0 megapixel digital camera that cost me a mint. Things have changed a lot but the '91 is as good as ever.

Last edited:

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
I personally feel that chem91 is best served fresh and she loses something in the cure

Right on, I could see that by its oil structure.

I know nowadays we know more about terpenes, etc. but the oil/resin/terpenes in the Chem '91 almost feel extra volatile, if that makes sense. I feel like I'm not explaining it correctly but I get it.

If you don't mind me asking, what would you do with it? Just jar it? It's nice and fresh and stinky. It was harvested the day I received my Florida medical card 3/12.

This stuff stinks in the best way. It's in 1 sealed jar in my garage and you can smell it walking in the front door. Amazing.

I very much appreciate your help, my friend. =)

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
lets see the mother.

I wish I had a nice bushy mom of this! This harvest batch was grown at One Plant Florida.

Speaking of mothers, I've been trying to decide which pack of Skunk VA's seed packs to get first. So stoked to see his Lucky Dog Seed Co. come out swinging.

I purchased these buds from the Florida dispensary where Pbud is the grower so I know the genetics are legit. Chemdog aka Mass G himself has been down to check it out, too.

This is the first batch of Chemdog to hit the state in the medical program, it sold out statewide in 14 minutes.

They also have Chem D and I think they've got some harvests upcoming with Chem's Sister (Chem A), Giesel (Chem 91 x MSS), Chem 4, and others. So stoked.

They definitely have some good Buds.

I too find that I have to Cure all FL Dipso Cannabis Flower after purchasing.

ONEPLANT and Grow Healthy are the only places I’ve been to so far with halfway decent Cures.

Usually all that is needed is to leave them in their jars and burp them twice a day until they are perfect. This usually takes about a week in my experiences.

The Hermit

I wish I've been trying to decide which pack of Skunk VA's seed packs to get first. So stoked to see his Lucky Dog Seed Co. come out swinging.

Last year I grabbed 2 packs of each of the lines he brought to Spain: Dog Patch, Double Krush and Chem Fuego. I reckon I'm going to crack a pack of each soon for this year's outdoor. I would've run them last year but when I messaged Skunk VA asking about their suitability for humid climates I didn't get a reply. Anyway, I've seen a few people running interesting looking plants of his recently so I'm just gonna take the plunge. No sense just keeping them in the fridge forever!

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Last year I grabbed 2 packs of each of the lines he brought to Spain: Dog Patch, Double Krush and Chem Fuego. I reckon I'm going to crack a pack of each soon for this year's outdoor. I would've run them last year but when I messaged Skunk VA asking about their suitability for humid climates I didn't get a reply. Anyway, I've seen a few people running interesting looking plants of his recently so I'm just gonna take the plunge. No sense just keeping them in the fridge forever!

LOVE to hear this! Are you doing a grow journal? I love to keep up on all things Chemdog and for some reason I feel Skunk VA's seeds would ROCK outdoors.

I live in a very humid climate myself so I feel your struggle there. The trouble with high humidity is you're fine for months and then once the buds get fat is when you develop issues, so I get it.

Good choices on your seed packs, by the way. You've got some HEAT.

The Hermit

Thanks! It hadn't occurred to me to do a grow journal, but now I think about it I'll probably start a thread for this year's outdoor grow so the Lucky Dog gear will be in there with everything else I'm growing in the garden. I'll try and remember to drop a link into this thread here when there's something worth seeing.

I think they'll do well outdoors too, and even though I never got a direct reply from SkunkVa himself to my questions, in the intervening time I either heard or read him say somewhere that the mould resistance on all his gear was really good, which gave me the confidence to break them out finally! Anyway, I tend to do lots of pruning and training to encourage lots of smaller buds rather than a few huge fat buds, which really helps with avoiding the dreaded rot. Nothing worse than opening up a massive cola to see it all mushy within!

I've never grown any properly verified Chemdog genetics, so I'm really very hyped for this. Also going to crack open a pack of Bodhi's Chem D x Snow Lotus at the same time as a bit of a comparison, but as far as the rest of the outdoor seed selection goes, I'm still making my mind up.

madalasatori

Veteran
Right on, I could see that by its oil structure.

I know nowadays we know more about terpenes, etc. but the oil/resin/terpenes in the Chem '91 almost feel extra volatile, if that makes sense. I feel like I'm not explaining it correctly but I get it.

If you don't mind me asking, what would you do with it? Just jar it? It's nice and fresh and stinky. It was harvested the day I received my Florida medical card 3/12.

This stuff stinks in the best way. It's in 1 sealed jar in my garage and you can smell it walking in the front door. Amazing.

I very much appreciate your help, my friend. =)

Hey man, hope you're enjoying your chemdog.

I've not been growing her long but this time round i shall dry her for a week, trim her then vacuum seal in mylar bags.

I might cure some in a jar too to see if there's any difference.

Will report back on my findings

Latest posts

Latest posts