What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing, Living and Loving...Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello my Ace family!

I'm very excited to be able to explore some CBD and recreational genetics this season. First off I want to thank the entire family here for your thoughts, prayers and kind words for my wife and I over the last several months.

She's in her final stretch of radiation now. While there was a few complications along the way. We have been very blessed, thank you!

I haven't finalized the 2020 lineup yet. Before I make those decisions I have a bunch of cleaning and preparation to do. So not putting the bud shots before the actual grow. I will start with the boring, tedious and extremely necessary preparation work. In my opinion 85% of the quality of your season happens now.
A clean grow environment is paramount to your success. Choosing the right genetics for your environment. Be it indoors in a tent or outdoors gorilla or in a greenhouse. Secondly, I'm an organic soil guy. Before I germinate seeds, I need to have my microbial life going in my bags.

When the seedlings are growing out from the seedling mix. There's no transplanting, no Ph issues as the soil is already balanced. You only watch your water source Ph. ( and a hundred other things)
But you can trust in your preparation. Let them grow to the rhythms of a beautifully prepared environment.

While selecting genetics that have a workable flowering time. Flowering onset is crucial to be early for northern outdoor growers. I've had snow October 2nd the last two years. My plants have to be mature and ready for harvest. So this is the mess I walked into this morning. I still have a few hours of cleaning inside and outside. I will be spraying weeds with vinegar and the entire floor and wall bottoms.

I have a new notebook and it's different from my laptop. So please be patient while I figure it out. I have some amazing genetics to choose from for this season. Maybe I will make a list and get your feedback for some strains.

I hope you all have a wonderful season growing and may you see the many blessings in your life!
Peace farmerlion:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
I do have to top off the bags a couple inches each. I have 60 lbs. of worm castings and I will get a few more bags of quality soil. In April I will add in worms to each bag. At the end of my last season, which was in 2018. I fully went through each bag pulling out the root balls and amending the soil at that time. This will be the fourth season for this soil mix, but it's the third actual grow season. This may present some issues as I get into the season. I felt that with last season being lost essentially. That I could rejuvenate the soil through decomposition. The soil looks very healthy to me and I have a full month to get the microbial life going strong. For the auto flowering and semi auto flowering genetics I have in mind.

I feel that the seedlings will have a great advantage to previous years. When I let the microbial life develop with the seedlings. Now it will already be going strong when the seedlings break out into the main soil from the seedling mix. I don't up pot or transplant, I have pockets of different soil types. The seedlings just grow through each type unhindered and at their own pace.

With auto genetics getting your plants off to a great start is essential. I'm confident I will be using this strategy from now on in my greenhouse.
Peace farmerlion

dugzy

Very good to see you back in the saddle again Lion!

It is a great set up you have there, wish you the best of seasons :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dear farmerlion,

Glad to hear your wife is recovering well and that she is at the end of her treatment. :huggg: ACE Seeds' family is sending you our best vibes.

Happy to see you planning this season outdoor grow so motivated my friend.
As you well said, proper cleaning and preparing of the garden is crucial for later success and to face the lesser possible problems during the grow.

Did you already decide what to plant this year ? :)

ULMW

Blessings and Love Farmer Lion and Family. Nice to see you back. God bless. ULMW

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Dugzy, dubi and ULMV . Thank you very much for the warm welcome back and your kind words. This truly is the best family on the net.

Ok, let's dive into the genetics list for this season.
An * will mark genetics I am going to plant for sure. I have two CBD strains from Ace and two early finishing recreational strains of Female Seeds I've agreed with Mr.B to run this season in the greenhouse. Here's a list of the strains and the breeders.

ACE SEEDS

*CBD#1
*Orient Express x CBD#1
Erdpurt x CBD#1
Auto Zamaldelica

FEMALE SEEDS
* Sex Bud (C99 x White Grapefruit)
* Red Purps (The Purps x Ice)

ROMULAN GENETICS
* Romulan

HAZEMAN SEEDS
Blood Rose (Skunk#1 x Heath Robinson's Black Rose) x (Black Russian x Black Widow).

GREEN MOUNTAIN SEEDS
*Grape (Purple phenotype Oaxacan, Nepalese)
Big Sur Holy Weed x Purple Oaxacan ZACATECA
Purple Satellite

My f1 hybrid from 2018
Lebanese x Auto Malawi

I have 19 total grow bags inside the greenhouse. There is 8ea 45 gallon and 11ea 35 gallon grow bags. I have one 80 gallon water trough outside I can also use. I was planning on one Mazar I Sharif from The Real Seed Company in the trough if I used it at all.
I was thinking of letting the Mazar I Sharif go into October. Letting a plant face snow intentionally. Can it cope with adverse weather?
Can this strategy be employed as a regular grow cycle?

So my friends if you have any insights I would like to hear them. Of the * plants, one or two of each? I could justify a 50/50 ratio of CBD / recreational. I thank you for any and all input.
Peace farmerlion

Last edited:

YukonKronic

First of all: Welcome back!!:biggrin: really great to see you posting again and positive news from your family is even better... looking forward to watching your grow this year.

Now... I say try the Auto Zamaldelica brother! That one will be a lot of fun to see you grow and I’m certain it will thrive in your hands..
Also I have to say I would love to see you’re Lebanese x Auto Malawi cross as well..
Stay safe and be well Lion!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
YUKON CHRONIC, thank you for your kind words.

* Auto Zamaldelica
* Lebanese x Auto Malawi

Yes indeed, it shall be as you say my friend. The Lebanese x Auto Malawi is the one I wanted for a small quick study. They are regular seeds so if I get a Male it throws everything out the window. I have never done a single planting of a strain. Comparing the 35 gallon grow bags to the 45 gallon grow bags. Seeing how much of a difference there really is in plant growth and productivity.

Maybe I should use a Grape or a Purple Satellite? I'm up against a plant count and Lord help me for being greedy. I'm guilty of 15 different strains in the past. I could use one of the auto's, but I think the 35's will be fine for them.
Peace brother

MallardDuck

Beautiful greenhouse farmerlion! Im sure it will bring you many tasty and beautiful flowers this season.

I will throw my lot in for the Auto Zamaldelica as well for the selfish reason I will be growing the same thing, and would love to see what you could do with it.

Glad to hear your partner is doing well, loved ones are so important in these times.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Soil building

Soil building

Hello all,
The soil is going from a dusty light brown to an earthy black color. You can smell the decomposition starting. Ok, I know soil isn't as exciting as plants growing. Hang in there with me, I promise to make it worth your while.

Another update in the realm of genetics. I have decided to order a pack of Romulan from Ace. I have to wait until morning to purchase. So please save me one pack guys. With this whole pandemic going on. I hope to receive them before May. So here's a quick look at the soil.
Peace farmerlion :tiphat:

Attachments

• 20200329_172447.jpg
    20200329_172447.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200329_172428.jpg
    20200329_172428.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 32

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
I need schooling on how to post with a tablet. A note 10+. My laptop was much different and the pictures loaded different. So if anyone can set me straight I would sure appreciate it. These don't enlarge properly.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
I smoked the Corvid 19 virus !

It's kind of harsh...COUGH...COUGH

God Bless, I pray for you and your families.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Almost 60 degrees farenheit today. I will be picking up worms tomorrow if they made it to the bait shop today. I might have to leave a dairy heater going in the greenhouse for a few days as the temperature is supposed to drop below freezing again short term.

I was able to get a pack of Romulan from Ace today. Only 5 packs left guys, get them before they are gone! Since we're all at home, we may as well be waiting on some cool mail.

Romulan x Grape (Green Mountain)

Romulan x Red Purps (Female Seeds)

On paper this would take a week or two off the Romulan in flowering. Bringing in some aromas and maybe some colors from the two ladies. Now all are regular seeds and I would be only running two of each at the most.
I would be looking for a Male Romulan donor if I did anything at all. But I could and probably would cull any male immediately. For right now I want to daydream of a pretty lady that has a Bitch Slap like the Undertaker of the WWE !

Be safe, be home, be high !
Peace farmerlion

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Spring storm

Spring storm

Winter isn't going quietly. At 1am, nothing going on. At 9am there's 7" of fresh snow and it's still coming down hard.
I wanted to add the flat of worms to my bags. I better get a heater going out there first.
Peace :tiphat:

Attachments

• 20200401_090755.jpg
    20200401_090755.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 30

deepwaterdude

Winter isn't going quietly. At 1am, nothing going on. At 9am there's 7" of fresh snow and it's still coming down hard.
I wanted to add the flat of worms to my bags. I better get a heater going out there first.
Peace :tiphat:

Hey, my dear Farmerlion, just wanted to check in and send my good vibes to you in all your endeavors. You must be getting the snow we had 2 days ago, absolute blizzard all day, then beautiful sunny weather since;)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
DeepWaterDude, we actually needed the moisture here. So nice to hear from you my brother.

I placed about 20 or so night crawlers in each bag. The temperature in the greenhouse was 50f and dropping. I turned on a dairy heater on low. It should be plenty to keep the worms and microbial life going.
Momma and I had a great breakfast and coffee together. What a joy life is when you can be with your spouse and know you got it right.

I tell her our 15 year's has gone by like 15 minutes.....
......of being held under water ! lol

Find something old or something new to love about your family. This could be one of the most beautiful times of our lives.
Enjoy it, peace

MallardDuck

Yeah I'm wondering if that is the same storm we got here as well! Except we still had about 2 feet of snow before the storm even came. I can't wait to see green grass again.

I took your advice regarding starting to get my soil going... I found a local source of worm castings that supports awesome people so I am pretty happy about that. But Im not gonna bother putting it together until it starts getting consistently above 0c. They also hooked me up with some worm concentrate for free so that was excellent.

I have a few plans I have for the season that I would like to run by you so I hope you weren't joking that I bounce ideas off you. Still trying to hit that 50 post mark so I can PM you.

Anyways glad to hear things are coming along for you.

Mountainkush

Momma and I had a great breakfast and coffee together. What a joy life is when you can be with your spouse and know you got it right.

I tell her our 15 year's has gone by like 15 minutes.....
......of being held under water ! lol

Find something old or something new to love about your family. This could be one of the most beautiful times of our lives.
Enjoy it, peace
Good luck with the new grow season. Your green house looks awesome and makes me want to fix mine up again. Can’t wait to see how they all do.
What you said really spoke to me as I’ve been with my wife for 15 years. We had a ten day vacation together and had to quarantine for 14 days afterwards. We both thought we would kill each other by the end but it only made us closer. It was so hard after 24 days for her to leave for work. It’s been a real eye opener on what’s important in my life.
Luckily they are doing two week on and two weeks off so we will get more time together soon.