What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Manzinita Patch - Cream

Sourbear

Hey guys back again

Running another 12 outdoor plants in the manzanita patch

Purchased 10 feminized seeds from GHS< Caboose

Always loved trainwreck, always wanted Salmon Creek Big Bud

8/10 poped
3LXODIl.jpg

Real healthy roots occupying their 1 gal pots really fast
yPU7ALL.jpg

WPSibo6.jpg

The 8 seed plants are in 5 gal geo pots now, taking all my cuttings next weekend for sex determination.

going to get as many of the female seed plants outdoors and fill the other spots with some clones that I veg up.

More updates incoming

Last edited:

Sourbear

YIrccrk.jpg

I'm really liking the thickness of the stocks and the node spacing
vj1CiLu.jpg

this is a leaf from CAB#6, the biggest of the ladies, shooting out 9 leaves
uDg2N2j.jpg

Sourbear

Long over due update:

Some changes came to the patch this year. The original plan was to get enough caboose clones to fill out my 80 gallon pots.

I just did not have the time to clone a whole round of plants.
Especially when I did not know what the sex of those 8 Caboose plants where.

I'm running 12 cream plants again in the 80 gallon pots this year for my 3rd time in a row.

And running 8 caboose seed plants in 55 gallon pots.

Going to update both the caboose plants and the cream plants here in this thread.
I will also color code the updates so you can follow each strain easier.
Purple for Cream
Green For Caboose

Here are all 20 plants, the 12 creams are on the floor and the 8 caboose plants are on the table
7FavJsI.jpg

So the first week in July, 12 Cream plants went outdoors. They where all about 12-13 inches tall.
Same strain I've done two years past you can see at the start of this thread!
Here are half of the cream ladies up in the top section of the patch. As of today this is what they look like
yQ5nGxT.jpg

They started stretching about 4 days ago, and pistils where shown 5-6 days ago
Most all of them are right at the 6ft mark right now
mS6TCVv.jpg

The other 6 ladies are a little harder to get a group picture of considering how they are stashed away.

I still have all 8 Caboose plants, they where transplanted into 50 gallon pots.
Albeit they are not the main show of this season they are still going to produce!
The plants are really short and stocky, extremely robust stocks and lots of inner growth.
They just started twisting and stretching today, no pistils shown yet.
Some of them smell like pine, one smells like fruit, and some have a natural mineral smell going on.
LQKdrga.jpg

and here you can see how thick they have grown, I need to go through and trim them up ASAP.
saO0E03.jpg

Once more pistils start popping I will get some macro shots of the early buds to check for genetic differences in the 8 caboose plants. And I will be able to tell a bit more once they put on trichomes and start stinking.

Last edited:

Sourbear

Here are the other 6 cream ladies who are in the back row.
I did not get to veg as long as I want but they are all just reaching near the 6 foot mark.

6qXlHxW.jpg

Macro shot of the first budding Cream flowers
6NkTXeV.jpg

The ladies have just started smelling like vanilla, the sour smell usually comes about 5 weeks in.

The Caboose plants are a week behind still maybe some change. They just started showing pistils.
There are no real buds forming yet, just 5-10 pistils coming out of the newest growth.
USAQ5QM.jpg

These caboose plants are really stocky....
1M2Nu17.jpg

I'm honestly impressed with the hardiness of these 8 plants I have
It's probably a pairing of good genetics and a constant upkeep of Raw Silica.
But these caboose plants don't get any pressure from the wind unlike the Cream plants.
They don't require cages at all, they are like bamboo sticks I can bend them almost all the way over and they rebound perfectly.

If I didn't give internal/external cages for the Cream plants. They would snap branches in the high winds all day due to the heavy weight and lanky genetics.

Last edited:

Sourbear

Went through and picked clean some of the lower branches on the Caboose plants.
also got some shots so you can kind of see her structure with the main stock and branches

3eM4pYv.jpg

VHqiUVJ.jpg

I also went through and separated the plants a bit, now none of them are touching anymore
PnQviWW.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
WoW dude these are looking super great. man I sure do miss growing outdoors! I will grow outdoors again some day. :)

Sourbear

ETw4dWD.jpg

This is the size the creams and Cabooses where when they went outdoor in July.
about 10-12 inches tall
12 cream on the floor and 8 caboose on the table
The creams never got topped and they branch out like crazy, each plant has 12-15 main cola producing branches stemming up from their stocks.

Sourbear

Sour- How much direct sunlight do your plants receive? Subbed

My plot gets shady sunlight around 7am and direct sunlight around 8:10 am all the way until about 6:30pm then they are back to partial shade.

Thanks for the sub!

Maybe my top two girls get 20-30 more mins of direct sunlight but thats because they sit on-top of a neat little hill

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
You have a lot going for you, nice place, healthy plants, and effective setup. Looks like a nice end result in store.

i'm in the manzanita this year as well and started outside about the same time as you did. My plants were about 3/4 the size of yours so I added supplemental lights on 7/15 and most reverted to single leaves, slowing them down it seems. They also went from 1 gal. pots to 5gal, so I can really see the difference compared to yours. The bigger container you use plus better starts made about twice as big plants as mine, although they are still vegging.

Nice job man, i'll be interested in watching these blow up.

Sourbear

You have a lot going for you, nice place, healthy plants, and effective setup. Looks like a nice end result in store.

i'm in the manzanita this year as well and started outside about the same time as you did. My plants were about 3/4 the size of yours so I added supplemental lights on 7/15 and most reverted to single leaves, slowing them down it seems. They also went from 1 gal. pots to 5gal, so I can really see the difference compared to yours. The bigger container you use plus better starts made about twice as big plants as mine, although they are still vegging.

Nice job man, i'll be interested in watching these blow up.

Thanks for stopping in Red, appreciate the visit!
I've honestly said "fuck it" to quart pots and half gallon pots.
The second I see the fish gill roots sticking out of my rock wool cubes I put them into 1 gallon pots.
Up potting 5 times was getting stupid..... now its just 3 times

This year I liked the 1 gal to 5 gal transition. I was able to gauge some really interesting characteristics of the Caboose plants I popped.
Seeing their root masses on a bigger scale was a real big help. Specifically for the Caboose girls.

I had 8 different caboose genetics in front of me, the foliage and size on all 8 plants are damn near identical, minus CAB#8 which was a runt.

CAB #'s 1/3/4/5/7 vigorously filled up those 1 gal pots with roots from end to end like the photo I posted at the start of this year.
Extremely vigorous root growth on these specific plants.

CAB#2 and CAB#6 where the same size foliage as the rest but their root masses where half the size, not nearly fully encapsulating their 1 gallon pots, unlike their sisters.
Yet their leaves and stocks and overall health was just as good as the vigorous plants.

Cab#8 the runt of the group had barley occupied 20% of the 1 gallon pot. It was also about 30% smaller than the other 7 plants as they continued to veg.

I've really noticed that kind of "slacker" trait from CAB#2 and #6. Their root masses where about half the size of the others, but they where just as prolific.

Also CAB#6 smells like a sweet fruit smell, and CAB#2 smells like a pine tree. The only two phenos of the batch with DISTINCT smells.
The rest all smell like a mineral earthy kinda anise smell.

I think i'm going to keep those two slacker genetics from the clones I took.
Give them some proper 80 gallon pots for next year instead of the 50's they got this year
and definitely more veg time.

stinky

Nice looking grow dude! Some of mine started flowering right around the same time as yours.. around the first of July?

Looking forward the the finish! :tiphat:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Went through and picked clean some of the lower branches on the Caboose plants.
also got some shots so you can kind of see her structure with the main stock and branches

View Image
View Image
I also went through and separated the plants a bit, now none of them are touching anymore
View Image

Damn, you really thinned those out. i go pretty crazy with mine as well. you will be happy though, should have nothing but spears. At least that the point right? no larf

Sourbear

Great looking plants, You have it rocking I'm tuned in!

Thanks for stopping in B4urtime! I appreciate the positive vibes.

Nice looking grow dude! Some of mine started flowering right around the same time as yours.. around the first of July?

Looking forward the the finish! :tiphat:
Yeah it wasn't long after I planted that they started going into flower mode. And I planted all 20 plants the first week of July
Thanks for stopping in, I also can not contain my excitement for the girls this year!

Damn, you really thinned those out. i go pretty crazy with mine as well. you will be happy though, should have nothing but spears. At least that the point right? no larf

Woa heyyyyy Noonin! The first guy to ever comment in my thread and hes back! So glad to see you snooping around again man!
Yeah I've thinned out 3 of the 8 caboose ladies real good so far. I got a friend coming up tomorrow to help with the other 5.

If I where to let these Caboose plants flower out without any inner thinning it just would have been a jungle filled mess with a free welcome mat for mold.
These caboose ladies should throw out some FAT nugs if their genetics are what GHS claims they are =p

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in B4urtime! I appreciate the positive vibes.

Yeah it wasn't long after I planted that they started going into flower mode. And I planted all 20 plants the first week of July
Thanks for stopping in, I also can not contain my excitement for the girls this year!

Woa heyyyyy Noonin! The first guy to ever comment in my thread and hes back! So glad to see you snooping around again man!
Yeah I've thinned out 3 of the 8 caboose ladies real good so far. I got a friend coming up tomorrow to help with the other 5.

If I where to let these Caboose plants flower out without any inner thinning it just would have been a jungle filled mess with a free welcome mat for mold.
These caboose ladies should throw out some FAT nugs if their genetics are what GHS claims they are =p

I keep thinning mine out seems like every other week, I'm in Sonoma County everything in the garden is in full bloom besides a Sour Bubble that keeps stretching

Sourbear

DvvrELE.jpg

Keep trimming these Caboose ladies and they keep gettin' bigger....
kZDxFWp.jpg

And the Cream plants are stacking very well, all these will make beautiful colas!
izwIwtK.jpg

Sourbear

I keep thinning mine out seems like every other week, I'm in Sonoma County everything in the garden is in full bloom besides a Sour Bubble that keeps stretching

I'm used to the creams flowering early, its started before every other strain i've had down at my plot.

I'm guessing its the auto flower genetics that Sweetseeds has with their series of Cream strains. If I had to guess its the Mandarin Cream Auto. Or it was one of the Non auto strains they eventually made and I have a cutting that just likes to flower early.

Either way im so elated to have the cutting of cream I do. 65 days to flower, FAT buds, so easy to trim! Aroma/smoke is like skittles all the fruit in the rainbow. Shes such a low maintenance girl too.
Her only issue is lanky branches with huge nuggets EVERYWHERE.
Internal/external cages are pretty much required, and silica feedings help immensely.

Raw silica has blown my mind.
I had cream branches break due to winds and weight in previous years.
I had to add internal and external cages to help.
Eventually I started to feed silica and now I'm not having a single branch snap all season, even with some nasty rains.

you got a thread up for your patch this year?